trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Science Fiction

Old 05-Aug-2018, 18:23   #151
Ferg
Default Title Here
Ferg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond repute
I'm incredibly excited but also really sceptical. He's basically 80 years old. They should've done it years ago, and it feels like a recipe for disappointment now. Captain Pickard shouldn't need a zimmer frame.
Old 05-Aug-2018, 23:22   #152
Hot Soup
click here to reset post count
Tournaments Won: 1
Hot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
I'm incredibly excited but also really sceptical. He's basically 80 years old. They should've done it years ago, and it feels like a recipe for disappointment now. Captain Picard shouldn't need a zimmer frame.
Should have , maybe but Stewart says until recently he was done with the character, so it's a moot point. I kinda have a soft spot for Nemesis, but it was a shame their run ended with that.

He is nearly 80 , and I'm half as ambulatory as he is at that age, not to mention the wife half my age , get in. I think an older Picard will be absolutely fascinating , if he needs a zimmer they can always chuck him in a Pike mobile.

To have an older admiral / ambassador / grouchy federation citizen, I'm down for that. Obviously no details really yet , but I'm assuming when they say series, they mean 8-10 episodes , which I can see totally working. All the original TNG cast are still kicking about as well - Frakes and Burton were just off stage watching the announcement.

Why'd you open your bong hole you smelly hippy? You'd sacrifice a beautiful woman to save a moderately attractive monkey?

Hawks of the Luftwaffe!
Hot Soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-Aug-2018, 13:32   #153
Eja Cool8
Enema of the people
Eja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond repute
It really depends on how they approach it. It ain't the 1990s anymore, and one would hope that there's a taste of the Disco style in there. Saying that, various groups on FB are collectively gushing all over this, and the other rumoured ST material that's in the pipeline. One of the Producers came out the other day and admitted that the intention is to make Trek one of the prime pieces of content on All-Access, not just in terms of having "a flagship Trek series", ie. Discovery, but a whole swathe of different shows.

The downside that I can see there is that the overall effort might be heavily diluted, spread too thin, in the rush to provide a smorgasbord. Like Disco? We've got it. Only willing to watch something based in the 24th century? Here's Picard and co. Got a hankering to relive the days of the animated series? Got that for you too (maybe). Then there's the other rumours; a series based entirely on Khan's life after he was left on Ceti Alpha by Kirk, even that old Starfleet Academy idea (please, no).

We shall see.

Steve Fainaru: "Big Boy Rules"

"Every man and woman should play the noblest games and be of another mind from what they are at present."

Plato
 Ecch!   away foul box!   You must be kidding! 
Old 07-Aug-2018, 18:51   #154
Ferg
Default Title Here
Ferg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond repute
If there's one thing I think we can all agree on, though, it's that a series bringing back and focusing on Wesley Crusher would be the most awesome thing ever.
Old 07-Aug-2018, 18:52   #155
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
Shut up Wesley.

I wonder if Frakes can still pull off the Ryker chair mount/dismount.
Old 08-Aug-2018, 00:37   #156
Ashen
Lord of the Light Skins
Ashen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I walked outside and took mother natures load to the face. You can quote me on that! - Raptor192
to Ashen [ash-en]

1.To perform an amazing act without witness.
2.To have the worst of luck when playing in groups, although having the best intentions an act occurs which usually results in multiple deaths, maimings or destruction of property.
Old 08-Aug-2018, 11:50   #157
cunning-stunt
Falling to bits.
cunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond repute
Patrick Stewart gets a little emotional!

cunning-stunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-Aug-2018, 12:43   #158
Eja Cool8
Enema of the people
Eja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond repute
Apparently, CBS have filed a trademark application for "Star Trek: Reliant", which seems to indicate that the Khan story rumour might actually have some substance;

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=88...e=statusSearch

There's also been mention of a similar application for "Star Trek: Destiny", but I can't find the link for that ATM.

"Every man and woman should play the noblest games and be of another mind from what they are at present."

Plato

Last edited by Eja Cool8; 14-Aug-2018 at 12:49.
Old 15-Aug-2018, 11:20   #159
Hot Soup
click here to reset post count
Tournaments Won: 1
Hot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond repute
New Spock - https://www.empireonline.com/people/...ck-play-spock/

Why'd you open your bong hole you smelly hippy? You'd sacrifice a beautiful woman to save a moderately attractive monkey?

Hawks of the Luftwaffe!
Hot Soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-Aug-2018, 19:36   #160
Barb
poster of the month
Barb has a reputation beyond reputeBarb has a reputation beyond reputeBarb has a reputation beyond reputeBarb has a reputation beyond reputeBarb has a reputation beyond reputeBarb has a reputation beyond reputeBarb has a reputation beyond reputeBarb has a reputation beyond reputeBarb has a reputation beyond reputeBarb has a reputation beyond reputeBarb has a reputation beyond repute
Loved him as Picard. Wish hed quietly go into retirement now. Let someone else have a go. Picard in incontinence pants won't work.
 FlatCapnWhippet   JerrytheLintElf 
Old 21-Aug-2018, 13:44   #161
Eja Cool8
Enema of the people
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb View Post
Loved him as Picard. Wish hed quietly go into retirement now. Let someone else have a go. Picard in incontinence pants won't work.
The most horrendous rumour is that he takes over as head of Starfleet Academy, and spends his time sitting on his arse, dispensing words of wisdom while the young adult cast get the action. No. Feckin. Thankyou.

Considering his age, I would probably watch a series that featured him as a civvy, spending his twilight years indulging his passion for archaeology, and coming across some heavy duty stuff relating to the likes of the Iconians

Plato

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Science Fiction

Tags
wenger out!