trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Films

Old 24-Jan-2018, 15:58   #2491
Minty
T'reet Fetler!
Minty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond repute
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri - fucking brilliant. Well worth a watch. Not necessarily a cinema film but so good it's worth seeing as soon as possible. There is one thing that bothered me (in the spoiler below. And make no mistake, it's a proper spoiler. Like, ruin the film kind of spoiler). The acting is fantastic, the story is great and it's all paced really well. Sam Rockwell and Frances McDormand deserve their Oscar nominations and they deserve to win as well. 9/10

Spoiler: highlight to read
right so the problem with it was the "suspect". This guy turns up at her place, borderline admitting to murdering her daughter, then admits to an identical crime in the bar later on.... But it wasn't him that killed her. That makes no sense to the narrative. Now don't get me wrong, I'm OK with the perpetrator not being found by the end of the film, but the fact that they set somebody up to be the suspect in such an awkward way and then didn't use him as the killer? It made no sense to me.

The Post - bland as all fuck. Boring, not particularly well acted or directed and the story isn't particularly well told either. Bob Oden kirk and Matthew Rhy were quite good, but otherwise this just wasn't worth my time. How the FUCK this has been nominated for best picture at the Oscars I'll never.... Tom Hanks, Meryl Streep and Stephen Spielberg.... Actually never mind. 3/10
Old 24-Jan-2018, 16:32   #2492
Lungboy
Roboplegic Wrongcock
Lungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond repute
Thor: Ragnarok. Great fun, although I have a huge nerd boner for Planet Hulk so a little bit of me died inside with what they did to that material. The "comedy" also got a little over done by the end. 7/10.
Old 24-Jan-2018, 16:39   #2493
[n00b]Zippy
Waterborne Trailer-Trash
[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minty View Post
.. Tom Hanks, Meryl Streep and Stephen Spielberg....
You probably answered your own question there!
Old 24-Jan-2018, 16:47   #2494
Orange
please find me real friends
Orange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond repute
Actually thought the Post was pretty good, but not even close to Spotlight. Streep’s an amazing actor.
Old 27-Jan-2018, 11:18   #2495
The Big Kahuna
**** off Lester
The Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond repute
Thor: Ragnarok - 2 hours of me saying "what the fuck does this film want to be?"

Way too much "comedy", and what the fuck's with The Hulk talking?

3/10
Old 27-Jan-2018, 11:20   #2496
Lungboy
Roboplegic Wrongcock
Lungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond repute
Hulk talks in the comics, it's not a new thing. Hulk's CGI is still pretty shit though, doesn't seem to have improved that much since the one before Norton.
Old 27-Jan-2018, 18:42   #2497
Minty
T'reet Fetler!
Minty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange View Post
Actually thought the Post was pretty good, but not even close to Spotlight. Streep’s an amazing actor.
She doesnt DO anything though. She spends the entire film just being this meek, quiet woman who cant commit to anything. There are roles where she deserves her nomination/win but I dont agree with this one. On the other hands though:

Darkest Hour - Fantastic. A brilliant film focusing on the time between Churchills appointment as PM and that speech. Well deserving of its Oscar nomination and frankly, a great film to accompany Dunkirk, even if they are unrelated in terms of movie studio. Gary Oldman doesnt just deserve his Oscar nomination for best Actor, they should hold this film up as an example of how to win one. Hes completely unrecognisable as Churchill and yet somehow appears to be so comfortable in the role. 9/10

(Three Billboards is still my pick for best picture at this point. Its very close between that and this)
Old 29-Jan-2018, 13:49   #2498
[n00b]Zippy
Waterborne Trailer-Trash
[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Darkest Hour - Fantastic. A brilliant film focusing on the time between Churchills appointment as PM and that speech. Well deserving of its Oscar nomination and frankly, a great film to accompany Dunkirk, even if they are unrelated in terms of movie studio. Gary Oldman doesnt just deserve his Oscar nomination for best Actor, they should hold this film up as an example of how to win one. Hes completely unrecognisable as Churchill and yet somehow appears to be so comfortable in the role. 9/10
Saw this last night and I concur!
Old 30-Jan-2018, 22:06   #2499
Minty
T'reet Fetler!
12 Strong - A fairly average war film. Not bad, not great, just OK. It does get a bit tense towards the end, which was gonna make me vote it up a point but the fact that Chris Hemsworth didnt once use a big hammer or call a lightning strike means Ive gotta deduct the point again. Yes. I really WAS hoping for Thor in Afghanistan. Its a true story (although probably highly embellished for the sake of "America, fuck yeah". - 5/10
Old 31-Jan-2018, 17:54   #2500
Minty
T'reet Fetler!
Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle - Heard a lot of good things about this. My friend Tom and I had been really looking forward to seeing it, so we were really hoping for a good film. Its just OK. A lot of the "funny" lines really dont land, its very muddled in what it wants to be, muddled thematically and altogether..... a little bit boring. The Rock manages to keep you watching, as does Karen Gillans abs, but there is no real chemistry between the cast and theres nothing notable enough in the film to keep your interest. Jack Black absolutely nailed playing a teenage girl. 4/10
Old 31-Jan-2018, 18:55   #2501
The Big Kahuna
**** off Lester
The Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond repute
Bright - 7.5/10 - just thoroughly entertaining in a brain-out way.
Old 31-Jan-2018, 20:38   #2502
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
It was just the worst.
Old 31-Jan-2018, 20:43   #2503
stepper
post haste
stepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond repute
It's fucking terrible.
"I'm not getting out of bed until I get fucked!" - Marcus Antonius, 31 BC
Old 31-Jan-2018, 21:32   #2504
Minty
T'reet Fetler!
I enjoyed it.
Old 01-Feb-2018, 13:01   #2505
Dave
Yea, theres a mod for that
Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond repute
I didnt mind bright, deffo worth a watch if you're bored
 BigDavh   HeinzeFritzel   250 834 764 
Old 01-Feb-2018, 14:37   #2506
leady
click here to reset post count
leady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond repute
aye it is what it is, a silly film that's entertaining if you enjoy such fluff.

If anything watching Will Smith phoning in it actually makes it more amusing to watch
Old 01-Feb-2018, 14:41   #2507
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
You people.
Old 01-Feb-2018, 20:44   #2508
burundi
WARNING: May contain nuts
burundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond repute
Bright started out quite promising but descended into a a load of cobblers.
Old 01-Feb-2018, 21:18   #2509
Scrobbs
Sunnyvale Supervisor
Scrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond repute
I quite enjoyed it, viewed it for what it was. Tosh, obvs, but enjoyable tosh.
Old 01-Feb-2018, 22:16   #2510
wooly-back-jack
Tactical Hider
wooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond repute
I liked bright also
Send a message via MSN to wooly-back-jack
Old 01-Feb-2018, 22:51   #2511
Minty
T'reet Fetler!
The Commuter - Its Liam Neeson being Liam Neeson and doing Liam Neeson things. Tried to be all twisty and turny but due to a multitude of self imposed factors (casting, cinematography, pacing, etc) its entirely too predictable to hook you in. The ending was one of the most cliched Ive seen in a fucking long time. Great action sequence towards the end though. It is worth watching if only for the concept behind it but dont watch in the cinema, wait for it to appear on Amazon Prime (which it will. They were listed as one of the producers) - 3/10
Old 02-Feb-2018, 16:33   #2512
Orange
please find me real friends
Orange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
She doesnt DO anything though. She spends the entire film just being this meek, quiet woman who cant commit to anything. There are roles where she deserves her nomination/win but I dont agree with this one.
Everyone sees things differently but I thought the transition from meek accepting presence to someone who’s increasingly willing to confront the people lying to her and take decisions was great.
Old 02-Feb-2018, 16:40   #2513
stepper
post haste
stepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond repute
It just goes to show that you can’t trust the opinion of someone that believes Bright is a good movie
"I'm not getting out of bed until I get fucked!" - Marcus Antonius, 31 BC
Old 02-Feb-2018, 19:40   #2514
Bast
troll
Bast has a reputation beyond reputeBast has a reputation beyond reputeBast has a reputation beyond reputeBast has a reputation beyond reputeBast has a reputation beyond reputeBast has a reputation beyond reputeBast has a reputation beyond reputeBast has a reputation beyond reputeBast has a reputation beyond reputeBast has a reputation beyond reputeBast has a reputation beyond repute
Jaws 10/10
Old 02-Feb-2018, 19:41   #2515
Bast
troll
Bast has a reputation beyond reputeBast has a reputation beyond reputeBast has a reputation beyond reputeBast has a reputation beyond reputeBast has a reputation beyond reputeBast has a reputation beyond reputeBast has a reputation beyond reputeBast has a reputation beyond reputeBast has a reputation beyond reputeBast has a reputation beyond reputeBast has a reputation beyond repute
Happy Death Day was decent
Old 05-Feb-2018, 10:49   #2516
leady
click here to reset post count
leady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond repute
random from Netflix

Death note - 6/10 - I think I liked it, though I think trying to retain its original manga style hurts it more than helps. Also the plot pacing is all over the place. On the plus side its got Qualley in it...
Old 10-Feb-2018, 08:47   #2517
Dave
Yea, theres a mod for that
Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond repute
Netflix rolling out the trash

The Cloverfield Paradox - The scariest thing about this film is realising its not getting any better. It really is poor. 2/10

Cardboard Gangster - Again, just woeful.
 BigDavh   HeinzeFritzel   250 834 764 
Old 10-Feb-2018, 09:13   #2518
Inertiaman
Yeah shame about paradox because cloverfield lane was brilliant.
Old 10-Feb-2018, 10:32   #2519
popej
topicophiliac
popej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond repute
I laughed out loud at the very end with the clouds. They saved the greatest nail in the coffin until the end.

Allegedly the Cloverfield bit was shoe-horned into an existing Sci-Fi film that Netflix were filming. After watching the film I can see that for sure.

Sad though. The first two films are a couple of my favourites.
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe... [contemptuous laugh] Titans on fire off the shoulder of YZ-LQL. I watched tachyons (tech 2) glitter in the dark near the NOL-M9 Gate. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [small cough] tears... in... rain. Time... to die..."
 gobrun 
Old 10-Feb-2018, 11:08   #2520
Baby Bear
don't care enough to post
Baby Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Bear has a reputation beyond repute
Three Billboards - great film!
The Shape of Water - enjoyed, remake of Creature from the black lagoon/Abe Sapien type love affair (!)
Bladerunner 2049 - epic
Cloud Atlas - yes I know it came out years ago, but I got put off watching it, until I saw the blue ray in the bargain bin, really enjoyed it, so much so I went and bought the book. Enjoying that even more!
 destriero 

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Films

Tags
condensed argument thread, devs cheats, goosecunt0r, mintydownloadsnothing!, separate thread ocd, wtfdoesmintyknow?