trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Films

Old 27-Jul-2006, 23:13   #211
grip
flame fodder
grip will become famous soon enoughgrip will become famous soon enough
trading places eddie murphy and danny boy at their best? just piss my self laughing at this film!

i vote american pie trilogy over lotr! more laughs and no annoying dwarves or hobbits!

the rock sean connery/nic cage, cool car chase some cheesy action and a few laughs.

probably not groundbreaking or arty films but i think peeps should watch them before they die heh!
Old 27-Jul-2006, 23:16   #212
aird
You are tearing me apart!
aird has a reputation beyond reputeaird has a reputation beyond reputeaird has a reputation beyond reputeaird has a reputation beyond reputeaird has a reputation beyond reputeaird has a reputation beyond reputeaird has a reputation beyond reputeaird has a reputation beyond reputeaird has a reputation beyond reputeaird has a reputation beyond reputeaird has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by grip
i vote american pie trilogy over lotr! more laughs and no annoying dwarves or hobbits!

There is 4 movies in the American Pie series, Band Camp is the 4th Worst.Movie.Ever
Old 27-Jul-2006, 23:18   #213
grip
flame fodder
grip will become famous soon enoughgrip will become famous soon enough
thats why its a trilogy! :p
Old 31-Jul-2006, 19:09   #214
Chef_uk
account shared with 10 people
Chef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Are we any closer to finding our top 50?

So far around 120 films have been mentioned lol
Old 31-Jul-2006, 19:42   #215
Smoo
empty minds post alike
Smoo has a reputation beyond reputeSmoo has a reputation beyond reputeSmoo has a reputation beyond reputeSmoo has a reputation beyond reputeSmoo has a reputation beyond reputeSmoo has a reputation beyond reputeSmoo has a reputation beyond reputeSmoo has a reputation beyond reputeSmoo has a reputation beyond reputeSmoo has a reputation beyond reputeSmoo has a reputation beyond repute
Fuck it, 120ish films to see before you die
Send a message via MSN to Smoo
Old 31-Jul-2006, 20:44   #216
Dogma
Like a boss.
Dogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunteh
Just because you may not have seen a film does not mean the person suggesting it is suggesting it to be clever and obscure..... They may actually like it alot more for a good reason and see it as a better film than the one they are suggesting it replaces.... If you haven;t seen it then how can you comment ? Talk about small minded !!!
No, it was more the case of how he smugly deleted about 10 movies and suggested something that nobody has seen, and can't comment on.

Heck, everyone isn't going to agree on the 'Top 50 Movies e.t.c..' but it's better if one film that 15 people like, rather than one that nobody has ever heard of that only 1 person likes.

It's a rule of averages.

Oh, but let me guess, you like one of the films he likes? Therefore you're right and everyones wrong.
Twit.

Last edited by Dogma; 31-Jul-2006 at 21:45.
 LAV3R__   LAV3R 
Old 31-Jul-2006, 20:46   #217
Dogma
Like a boss.
Dogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond repute
Oh, and if you'd have posted them in roughly the same format as everyone else, we might have picked up on your 'OMG I PICKED BLADERUNNER ON THE FIRST PAGE FFS!' a bit sooner.
 LAV3R__   LAV3R 
Old 31-Jul-2006, 22:27   #218
The Dark One
meh
The Dark One has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dark One has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dark One has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dark One has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dark One has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dark One has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dark One has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dark One has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dark One has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dark One has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dark One has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by aird

There is 4 movies in the American Pie series, Band Camp is the 4th Worst.Movie.Ever

Thought the 3rd was the worst of the lot by far, not saying band camp is a cinematic masterpiece... They’re just following a set format now, its worked once, time to milk it to death.

But aside from that, no, none of them deserve to be in the list. The first was a good laugh, but you've heard all the gags before - it’s the modern version of slapstick.
Old 01-Aug-2006, 09:12   #219
Hamspoons
I love lamp
Hamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogma
No, it was more the case of how he smugly deleted about 10 movies and suggested something that nobody has seen, and can't comment on.

Heck, everyone isn't going to agree on the 'Top 50 Movies e.t.c..' but it's better if one film that 15 people like, rather than one that nobody has ever heard of that only 1 person likes.

It's a rule of averages.

Oh, but let me guess, you like one of the films he likes? Therefore you're right and everyones wrong.
Twit.
If that was aimed at me, I haven't deleted anything, it isn't my list. I made suggestions, which is what the whole point of this thread is.
Old 23-Aug-2006, 22:17   #220
Cheason
will post for food
Cheason is a splendid one to beholdCheason is a splendid one to beholdCheason is a splendid one to beholdCheason is a splendid one to beholdCheason is a splendid one to beholdCheason is a splendid one to beholdCheason is a splendid one to behold
Interesting thread - which I havn't read yet.. but wtf ....

'Yojimbo'??

Was pleased to see 'Amelie' was in there.. will read the rest later.
Send a message via ICQ to Cheason Send a message via MSN to Cheason
Old 23-Aug-2006, 22:59   #221
BBW
Contains flashing images.
Tournaments Won: 1
BBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond repute
We killed this thread, move on!
Old 24-Aug-2006, 00:35   #222
Cheason
will post for food
Cheason is a splendid one to beholdCheason is a splendid one to beholdCheason is a splendid one to beholdCheason is a splendid one to beholdCheason is a splendid one to beholdCheason is a splendid one to beholdCheason is a splendid one to behold
I don't see it locked.. am just coming to this new forum if it wasn't obvious.. just curious as I had never heard of it and I watch a LOT of films.

~~~~ BBW
Old 24-Aug-2006, 00:39   #223
Napoleon
8===D~~~
Napoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond repute
If you've never even heard of Yojimbo then you've really not watched that many films!
Old 24-Aug-2006, 00:40   #224
Napoleon
8===D~~~
Napoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond repute
It's like saying "I've seen a lot of paintings but I've never heard of this 'Las meninas'".
Old 24-Aug-2006, 09:45   #225
Cheason
will post for food
Well it wasn't on Ch4's 50 films before you die either was it?

Plus there were films I'd never seen in that list also - but have rented them.

But anyway - I ask a simple question and I get the 3rd degree? Don't bother telling me, I'll go and look elsewhere.

Last edited by Cheason; 24-Aug-2006 at 09:50.
Old 24-Aug-2006, 11:01   #226
Hamspoons
I love lamp
Hamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond repute
I would still like to finalise the list if anyone else is interested in doing the same. Fun to have a Trickery version.

Don't know how it would work though. Maybe vote from all the films listed in the thread?

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Films