trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > General > News

Old 20-Oct-2003, 23:03   #1
Eja Cool8
Enema of the people
Eja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond repute
System Shock 2 - reborn!

An all-time gaming classic is in the process of receiving an interesting and welcome makeover.

System Shock 2, the 1999 SciFi-Horror first-person RPG which chilled this reporter to the bone first time round, has, over the past few months, been the subject of much attention from a dedicated Frenchman intent on bringing the ingame characters up to 21st Century standards.

The original models, although more than acceptable on the game's original release, haven't aged well. The Dark engine, originally used in another classic; Thief: The Dark Project, conjured up suitably atmospheric man-made environments, but fell short with organic objects, this Mod does a pretty fine job of addressing this issue.

Could this be another winter of nerve-jangling tension in Space courtesy of SS2? More info here;

http://www.gamershell.com/news_BSyst...rthBBeta.shtml

Steve Fainaru: "Big Boy Rules"

"Every man and woman should play the noblest games and be of another mind from what they are at present."

Plato
 Ecch!   away foul box!   You must be kidding! 
Old 21-Oct-2003, 18:49   #2
Custodian
forum hax
Custodian is on a distinguished road
hmm... that sounds interesting.
Have to say I loved that game. Would enjoy a good reason to play it all over again
Old 21-Oct-2003, 22:25   #3
Lungboy
Roboplegic Wrongcock
Lungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond repute
I've never played SS2. Always wanted to, but never got around to it.
Old 22-Oct-2003, 00:45   #4
Eja Cool8
Enema of the people
Eja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond repute
Top game m8, I recommend it 110%, new models or not

"Every man and woman should play the noblest games and be of another mind from what they are at present."

Plato
Old 22-Oct-2003, 02:25   #5
Intron
off topic
Intron has a reputation beyond reputeIntron has a reputation beyond reputeIntron has a reputation beyond reputeIntron has a reputation beyond reputeIntron has a reputation beyond reputeIntron has a reputation beyond reputeIntron has a reputation beyond reputeIntron has a reputation beyond reputeIntron has a reputation beyond reputeIntron has a reputation beyond reputeIntron has a reputation beyond repute
This game is a must play it in a dark room with good ql soundcard and it will creep you out esp good with headphones on its really scary.

I loved it its such a good game that draws you into it

btw if some one has problems installing it on a win2k/XP machine

you need to use the windows run coomand and on the installer program add the line -ntforce and that should install it since it doesnt like the NT platofrm and so stops install

i think thats correct some one corect me if i am wrong
Send a message via MSN to Intron  IntronDepot   Intron 
Old 22-Oct-2003, 23:15   #6
Eja Cool8
Enema of the people
That rings a bell m8, dunno if the details are correct, but I seem to remember a solution like that in a PC Mag Tech page

Plato

Go Back   trickery.net > General > News