trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Current Affairs

Old 02-Feb-2018, 13:02   #871
andy
aka milk!
andy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond repute
Lol there's no equivalence between the KKK and being anti abortion.

And his way of answering the question was perfect - his personal view is one thing, but he's completely aware he'd be unlikely to pass that through parliament because his view is not in the majority; this being the very nature of democracy.

Last edited by andy; 02-Feb-2018 at 13:04.
Old 02-Feb-2018, 13:07   #872
andy
aka milk!
andy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond repute
And the very need to attack others on legitimate, albeit contentious, views is the reason we we end up with people like Farron essentially lying about their views when in prominent positions.
Old 02-Feb-2018, 13:41   #873
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange View Post
I don’t think JRM is being morally bankrupt, I just don’t think there’s anything particularly admirable about his early 20th century take on morality, and he’s clearly delusional when it comes to Brexit.
I think you do the early 20th century a disservice. On morals - if my actions as an MP are performed on ideological grounds rather than pragmatic/evidencial and cause suffering and expense to my constituency then I am a morally bankrupt MP.
Old 02-Feb-2018, 13:42   #874
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
And the very need to attack others on legitimate, albeit contentious, views is the reason we we end up with people like Farron essentially lying about their views when in prominent positions.
So holding shit views about how others live their lives within the law is ok but holding shit views within the law about people who hold shit views is an attack.
Old 02-Feb-2018, 13:46   #875
Orange
please find me real friends
Orange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond repute
The reason Farron lied is because he’s a liar.
Old 02-Feb-2018, 13:51   #876
Lungboy
Roboplegic Wrongcock
Lungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond repute
Being anti abortion because some nonsense book told you to be, kind of, maybe, is not legitimate.
Old 02-Feb-2018, 14:28   #877
Inertiaman
Well you can think it if you like, but probably best not to tell people who haven't bought said book that it's true and they have to do it in case Sky Man gets angry and they don't get to go to Death Butlins.
Old 02-Feb-2018, 14:37   #878
Orange
Orange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond repute
Or tell them if you want, but don’t be surprised or offended when they tell you to fuck the fuck off.
Old 02-Feb-2018, 14:49   #879
andy
aka milk!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inertiaman View Post
So holding shit views about how others live their lives within the law is ok but holding shit views within the law about people who hold shit views is an attack.
It's still ok, but it's also an attack when it has largely bugger all to do with the actual role such person is performing. Thinking gay sex or abortion is a sin might not be de rigeur but it's fairly irrelevant to most interactions and as long as the person holding those views conducts activities recognising the law and society largely disagrees with them, I'm fairly confident i don't give a toss. Although I might say I do because I disagree with them in other ways and just want to de-legitimise them howsoever
Old 02-Feb-2018, 15:05   #880
Inertiaman
Easy not to think said stances aren't an attack when you're male/white/straight/healthy and not the impending father of a kid with a brain defect I guess.
Old 02-Feb-2018, 15:08   #881
andy
aka milk!
I have a dream that one day my children will live in a nation where they will not be judged by the identity group and/or intersection to which they belong but by the content of their character.

We've gone backwards.
Old 02-Feb-2018, 15:28   #882
Inertiaman
You poor besieged white male you.
Old 02-Feb-2018, 15:53   #883
Orange
I for one am quite happy to judge the character of a man who thinks gays are wrong ‘uns.
Old 02-Feb-2018, 16:00   #884
Inertiaman
And it's not like armchair or actual tories are supportive of the poor having massive families is it. Pick a lane cunts.
Old 02-Feb-2018, 16:13   #885
Goody
my other forum is full
Goody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I have a dream that one day my children will live in a nation where they will not be judged by the identity group and/or intersection to which they belong .
*looks at topic name*

Nah too easy
Old 02-Feb-2018, 16:15   #886
Inertiaman
Yeah he said my children not "the children of some beige prick from Fuckistan"
Old 02-Feb-2018, 16:20   #887
andy
aka milk!
Jesus. The fucking angst
Old 02-Feb-2018, 16:22   #888
andy
aka milk!
And there's a difference between dismissing a point of view because of an argument, vs your sole argument being the nature of the person delivering their position.
Old 02-Feb-2018, 16:26   #889
Inertiaman
I'll be honest I'm not feeling much angst right now so you're getting that for free.
Old 02-Feb-2018, 20:57   #890
Orange
Wrong kind of Brexit

https://t.co/9917ognFc4
Old 02-Feb-2018, 22:24   #891
Sh0cked
founder of the +1 forum
Sh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond repute
^ I love this so much.

My experience with these type of individuals, this sound precisely accurate "I'm depressed" "Thats an understatement". Similarly, I can imagine Politicians blindly believing things to be simple, none complex and easy to resolve.. and that big-huge-challenges like Brexit are just a McGuyver approach away from a clear resolution.
 sh0ck3d 
Old 03-Feb-2018, 00:16   #892
Goody
my other forum is full
Goody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond repute
I thought the default and apparently preferred Brexit was the fuck it let’s walk away with no plans Brexit anyway which is always an option
Old 03-Feb-2018, 12:09   #893
Inertiaman
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42929071

Pro-Brexit treasury reaches identical conclusions as previous Pro-Remain treasury. Obviously it's Fake News.
Old 03-Feb-2018, 12:31   #894
andy
aka milk!
That man can do no wrong. Broke up a fight of confused man babies yesterday evening. What have you done this weekend?
Old 03-Feb-2018, 12:42   #895
Lungboy
Roboplegic Wrongcock
Lungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond repute
Good, honorable JRM, standing by his word even when it's been proven wrong.
Old 03-Feb-2018, 13:29   #896
Goody
my other forum is full
Quote:
That man can do no wrong. Broke up a fight of confused man babies yesterday evening. What have you done this weekend?
Does friday count as the weekend?
Old 03-Feb-2018, 13:36   #897
andy
aka milk!
The weekend begins on Friday evening!
Old 03-Feb-2018, 14:23   #898
Orange
Reads a bit like it’s been blown a touch out of proportion, but JRM is quite good with confrontational protestors.
Old 03-Feb-2018, 14:40   #899
Goody
my other forum is full
Yeah it sort of looks like a blind man aiming a punch several inches in front of jeremy clarkson while JRM was in shot and four hundred and seventeen people filmed was the extent of it.
Old 03-Feb-2018, 16:01   #900
Inertiaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange View Post
Reads a bit like it’s been blown a touch out of proportion, but JRM is quite good with confrontational protestors.
The benefit of practice. Weird how he seems to meet so many outraged people!

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Current Affairs