trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Music & Musicians

Old 24-Jul-2004, 00:43   #31
Hotel2Tango
my post count gets me dates
Hotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant future
MOGWAI! superb band.
Old 24-Jul-2004, 00:46   #32
Heartwork
Hamish McJewstein
Heartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond repute
well said that man . I only have 3 of their albums - self titled one, Rock Action and young team.
Old 24-Jul-2004, 00:46   #33
Smoo
empty minds post alike
Smoo has a reputation beyond reputeSmoo has a reputation beyond reputeSmoo has a reputation beyond reputeSmoo has a reputation beyond reputeSmoo has a reputation beyond reputeSmoo has a reputation beyond reputeSmoo has a reputation beyond reputeSmoo has a reputation beyond reputeSmoo has a reputation beyond reputeSmoo has a reputation beyond reputeSmoo has a reputation beyond repute
I bought the new Slipknot album, along with "Tyrannosaurus Hives" by The Hives today. I need to stop buying music tbh...
Send a message via MSN to Smoo
Old 24-Jul-2004, 01:11   #34
cuthbert
if thread.newpost then postreply();
cuthbert has much to be proud ofcuthbert has much to be proud ofcuthbert has much to be proud ofcuthbert has much to be proud ofcuthbert has much to be proud ofcuthbert has much to be proud ofcuthbert has much to be proud ofcuthbert has much to be proud ofcuthbert has much to be proud of
Snow Patrol and Keane (go easy with the tounge-lashings!)
Old 14-Aug-2004, 20:51   #35
Heartwork
Hamish McJewstein
Heartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond repute
*bump*

because I boguth lots today.

Dashboard Confessional - A Mark A Mission...
Fridge - Happiness
Future Sound Of London - ISDN
Do Make Say Think - & Yet & Yet
Labradford - Fixed Content
Four Tet - Dialogue
The Darkness - Permission To Land
Groove Armada - Goodbye Country (Hello Nightclub)
Cinematic Orchestra - Motion
Autechre - Draft 7.30
Depeche Mode - Singles Box Set 4
Depeche Mode - Singles Box Set 5

yay
Old 15-Aug-2004, 01:01   #36
Pisgod
spam tbh
Pisgod is a splendid one to beholdPisgod is a splendid one to beholdPisgod is a splendid one to beholdPisgod is a splendid one to beholdPisgod is a splendid one to beholdPisgod is a splendid one to beholdPisgod is a splendid one to beholdPisgod is a splendid one to behold
Got them a few days ago, but i needed a good listen before i could comment:

The Trachtenburg Family Slideshow Players - Vintage Slide Collection From Seattle, Vol. 1
Flipron - Fancy Blues and Rustique Novelties

Both are quirky, odd, refreshing, and consistently a joy to listen to.
Old 15-Aug-2004, 01:19   #37
Heartwork
Hamish McJewstein
never even heard of the artists. what kinda music are they?
Old 15-Aug-2004, 01:36   #38
Pisgod
spam tbh
Pisgod is a splendid one to beholdPisgod is a splendid one to beholdPisgod is a splendid one to beholdPisgod is a splendid one to beholdPisgod is a splendid one to beholdPisgod is a splendid one to beholdPisgod is a splendid one to beholdPisgod is a splendid one to behold
trachtenburg family are a folky type of band of a man, woman and their 9(or something around that age) year old daughter. They go around america to obscure shopes and carboot sales buying old family slide-show collections. They then write songs based upon a group of said slideshows, often to random and delightful effect. For example the first track is called Mountain Trip to Japan 1959, and one of my favourites is Let's Not Have the Same Weight in 1978 - Lets Have More.

Rustique Novelties meanwhile is a lot more morbid, but with a dark sense of humour. Sounding mostly bluesy, but with a waltzy circus freakshow feel twisting through it.
Old 15-Aug-2004, 01:39   #39
Heartwork
Hamish McJewstein
i don't know if i like the sound of that. sounds a little too conceptual and far fetched to me.

currently having a listen to Do Make Say Think, and I do rather like the sound of this so far.

I also bought Royksopp - Melody AM after numerous recommendations of it the other day, and I have to say, it's a phenominally good CD, and it's absolutely perfect to sit back and relax to. chilled ambient dance stuff. well worth a listen, no matter what sorta stuff you like.
Old 15-Aug-2004, 03:23   #40
Skawt
topicophiliac
Skawt has a reputation beyond reputeSkawt has a reputation beyond reputeSkawt has a reputation beyond reputeSkawt has a reputation beyond reputeSkawt has a reputation beyond reputeSkawt has a reputation beyond reputeSkawt has a reputation beyond reputeSkawt has a reputation beyond reputeSkawt has a reputation beyond reputeSkawt has a reputation beyond reputeSkawt has a reputation beyond repute
My friend was speaking about that slideshow family earlier, isnt the daughter meant to be the drummer? I may well be completely wrong in my inebriation.
Send a message via MSN to Skawt  Scuzzeh 
Old 15-Aug-2004, 13:50   #41
Smoo
empty minds post alike
Smoo has a reputation beyond reputeSmoo has a reputation beyond reputeSmoo has a reputation beyond reputeSmoo has a reputation beyond reputeSmoo has a reputation beyond reputeSmoo has a reputation beyond reputeSmoo has a reputation beyond reputeSmoo has a reputation beyond reputeSmoo has a reputation beyond reputeSmoo has a reputation beyond reputeSmoo has a reputation beyond repute
I haven't bought any music recently. But I have downloaded 13 REM albums, 4 Rage albums and Bleed American (the album) by Jimmy Eat World.
Old 15-Aug-2004, 14:56   #42
megadaisy
spam tbh
megadaisy is a glorious beacon of lightmegadaisy is a glorious beacon of lightmegadaisy is a glorious beacon of lightmegadaisy is a glorious beacon of lightmegadaisy is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartwork
*bump*

Future Sound Of London - ISDN
I bought this when it came out - in a foldy cardboard sleeve which ive still got somewhere. This was back when ISDN was cutting edge lol. The CD was a bit boring though I thought.

Be interested to know what you think of it now.

MegaDaisy
Send a message via MSN to megadaisy
Old 15-Aug-2004, 14:59   #43
moron
founder of the +1 forum
moron has a reputation beyond reputemoron has a reputation beyond reputemoron has a reputation beyond reputemoron has a reputation beyond reputemoron has a reputation beyond reputemoron has a reputation beyond reputemoron has a reputation beyond reputemoron has a reputation beyond reputemoron has a reputation beyond reputemoron has a reputation beyond reputemoron has a reputation beyond repute
I got the vinyl when it came back out and listened again quite recently, it's pretty nice to just chill to, its definately on the list of albums to rip to mp3 when i can be arsed.
Old 15-Aug-2004, 15:16   #44
megadaisy
spam tbh
megadaisy is a glorious beacon of lightmegadaisy is a glorious beacon of lightmegadaisy is a glorious beacon of lightmegadaisy is a glorious beacon of lightmegadaisy is a glorious beacon of light
maybe i should dig it out and give it another listen - it is sunday afternoon after all

MegaDaisy
Old 15-Aug-2004, 16:55   #45
Shak^
off topic
Shak^ is a jewel in the roughShak^ is a jewel in the roughShak^ is a jewel in the roughShak^ is a jewel in the rough
megadaisy is the best nick ever.
It works on so many levels

Соедините, братья, соедините, и разрушьте сь шлачку!
Old 15-Aug-2004, 17:05   #46
Hapless
Prince of All Oafs
Hapless has a reputation beyond reputeHapless has a reputation beyond reputeHapless has a reputation beyond reputeHapless has a reputation beyond reputeHapless has a reputation beyond reputeHapless has a reputation beyond reputeHapless has a reputation beyond reputeHapless has a reputation beyond reputeHapless has a reputation beyond reputeHapless has a reputation beyond reputeHapless has a reputation beyond repute
Just picked up these pair in the HMV sale.

Mull Historical Society - This Is Hope
Turin Brakes - Ether Song
Old 15-Aug-2004, 18:54   #47
Beef~
res ipsa loquitur
Beef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond repute
DJ Shadow - In tune & On time

i think its a live set with some familiar songs but also some new mixes.
Old 15-Aug-2004, 20:50   #48
Heartwork
Hamish McJewstein
Hapless - I've been constantly advised against that Turin Brakes album, but tell me what it's like.

I got the DJ Shadow - In Tune & On Time CD & DVD a while ago, it's a fucking cracking show. He played about with a fair bit of Unkle material, which I liked, and there's some classic DJ Shadow tracks on it. Well worth it

FSOL are one of these artists I've always wanted to listen to but never heard before. I've not listened to the album yet, but after the comments it's stirred up here, I reckon I'll put it on now and see what it's like.
Old 15-Aug-2004, 21:01   #49
cuthbert
if thread.newpost then postreply();
cuthbert has much to be proud ofcuthbert has much to be proud ofcuthbert has much to be proud ofcuthbert has much to be proud ofcuthbert has much to be proud ofcuthbert has much to be proud ofcuthbert has much to be proud ofcuthbert has much to be proud ofcuthbert has much to be proud of
Bought The Ordinary Boys - Over the counter culture album the other day, am very impressed.
Old 15-Aug-2004, 21:46   #50
Smoo
empty minds post alike
I'm not impressed by you cuth

Edit: Need 6 more posts...
Old 15-Aug-2004, 23:21   #51
Hapless
Prince of All Oafs
Hapless has a reputation beyond reputeHapless has a reputation beyond reputeHapless has a reputation beyond reputeHapless has a reputation beyond reputeHapless has a reputation beyond reputeHapless has a reputation beyond reputeHapless has a reputation beyond reputeHapless has a reputation beyond reputeHapless has a reputation beyond reputeHapless has a reputation beyond reputeHapless has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartwork
Hapless - I've been constantly advised against that Turin Brakes album, but tell me what it's like.
It's like Ј5.99 and I enjoyed their first offering. It will be in my autochanger tomorrow morning so I'll decide whether I should have spent the six pounds on sweets and pens instead.
 SteveOC   StatusAnxiety 
Old 16-Aug-2004, 00:52   #52
Lungboy
Roboplegic Wrongcock
Lungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond repute
I bought The Wildhearts Must Be Destroyed for myself, and the new live Red Hot Chilis album for my brothers birthday present yesterday.
Old 16-Aug-2004, 13:17   #53
deff
pro poster
deff is on a distinguished road
Megadeth - Rust in Peace (the reissue) and Iron Maiden - Powerslave

80's tastic (tho rust in peace just scrapes the 90's)
Old 16-Aug-2004, 18:58   #54
Heartwork
Hamish McJewstein
Muse - Origin Of Symmetry & Absolution.

deff, you're a disgrace for not already owning powerslave. i've had it on CD and on vinyl for years.
Old 17-Aug-2004, 13:23   #55
deff
pro poster
deff is on a distinguished road
Well, I've only been into Maiden for a year or so
Old 17-Aug-2004, 13:25   #56
Uncle_Z
pro poster
Uncle_Z has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Z has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Z has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Z has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Z has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Z has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Z has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Z has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Z has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Z has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Z has a reputation beyond repute
2-disc compilation of 1986-1996 tracks from Fire Records. Erstwhile home of Pulp, Spacemen 3, Teenage Fanclub, Urge Overkill and that sort of stuff.

Title: I Wouldn't Piss On It If It Was On Fire.

Tee hee hee
Old 17-Aug-2004, 14:49   #57
Heartwork
Hamish McJewstein
pulp.

...pulp.

I'm going to write to every thesaurus production company in the world and ask for 'pulp' to be added as a synonym for 'bollocks'.
Old 17-Aug-2004, 19:23   #58
Hotel2Tango
my post count gets me dates
Hotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant future
If you do I will do the same for 'Heartwork'.

Pulp were great. Common People is one of the best songs ever writen.
Old 17-Aug-2004, 19:26   #59
TheBuZZard
This custom title is too l
TheBuZZard has a reputation beyond reputeTheBuZZard has a reputation beyond reputeTheBuZZard has a reputation beyond reputeTheBuZZard has a reputation beyond reputeTheBuZZard has a reputation beyond reputeTheBuZZard has a reputation beyond reputeTheBuZZard has a reputation beyond reputeTheBuZZard has a reputation beyond reputeTheBuZZard has a reputation beyond reputeTheBuZZard has a reputation beyond reputeTheBuZZard has a reputation beyond repute
Pulp are great, "Sorted for Es and Whizz" is probably my favourite.
Send a message via MSN to TheBuZZard  ElBuzzard   DavidtheBuzzard 
Old 17-Aug-2004, 19:35   #60
Hamster
founder of the +1 forum
Hamster has a reputation beyond reputeHamster has a reputation beyond reputeHamster has a reputation beyond reputeHamster has a reputation beyond reputeHamster has a reputation beyond reputeHamster has a reputation beyond reputeHamster has a reputation beyond reputeHamster has a reputation beyond reputeHamster has a reputation beyond reputeHamster has a reputation beyond reputeHamster has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by deff
Well, I've only been into Maiden for a year or so
I assume you have already purchased "Live after Death", if not you really should do so.

Edit: Yup, always kinda liked Pulp.

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Music & Musicians