trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Music & Musicians

Old 05-Feb-2015, 02:41   #1
Eja Cool8
Enema of the people
Eja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation King Crimson Tour 2015

UK/European dates confirmed, on sale 9am, friday 6th;

Mon 31st Aug, Friars, Aylesbury Waterside Theatre
Tues 1st Sept, Friars, Aylesbury Waterside Theatre
Wed 3rd Sept, St.David’s Hall, Cardiff
Sat 5th Sept, Dome Concert Hall, Brighton
Mon 7th Sept, Hackney Empire, London
Tues 8th Sept, Hackney Empire, London
Fri 11th Sept, Lowry, Manchester,
Mon 14th Sept, Symphony Hall,Birmingham
Thurs 17th Sept, Usher Hall, Edinburgh
Mon 21st Sept, Olympia, Paris
Tue 22nd Sept, Olympia, Paris
Thurs 24th Sept, Tivoliredenburg, Utrecht
Fri 25th Sept, Tivoliredenburg, Utrecht

http://www.dgmlive.com/news.htm?entry=5036

Steve Fainaru: "Big Boy Rules"

"Every man and woman should play the noblest games and be of another mind from what they are at present."

Plato
 Ecch!   away foul box!   You must be kidding! 
Old 05-Feb-2015, 04:34   #2
Eja Cool8
Enema of the people
Eja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond repute
For those that need more info, what is actually a very interesting and-from what I know-accurate wiki page;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Crimson

Matte Kudasai....Mmmm.....

"Every man and woman should play the noblest games and be of another mind from what they are at present."

Plato

Last edited by Eja Cool8; 24-Aug-2015 at 01:50.
Old 14-Mar-2015, 08:47   #3
The Big Kahuna
**** off Lester
The Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond repute
No Adrian Belew. Not the same.

Old 14-Mar-2015, 14:12   #4
Eja Cool8
Enema of the people
Probably the number one comment up and down the land when people were talking about buying tickets. But it hasn't put people off that much, myself included. Belew has had a 30+ year crack at it, time for a new start.

Plato
Old 20-Mar-2015, 18:31   #5
Eja Cool8
Enema of the people
Additional dates for various venues, including Edinburgh, due to punter demand, check Ticketmaster.

Plato
Old 19-Jul-2015, 10:03   #6
Eja Cool8
Enema of the people
Smile

Tony Levin's first blog entry for this tour;

http://papabear.com/tours/crim15/crim15_1.htm

Plato
Old 24-Jul-2015, 07:01   #7
Eja Cool8
Enema of the people
Little warmup for their latter 2014 gigs. The setup remains the same, I believe;

Plato
Old 24-Jul-2015, 07:44   #8
Eja Cool8
Enema of the people
An interesting look at the kit onstage....

Plato
Old 23-Aug-2015, 23:30   #9
Eja Cool8
Enema of the people
Last rehearsals before the Euroepean tour, from Tony Levin's rather ancient & clunky blog (I think he likes it that way)

Got tickets in the post a few days ago.

http://papabear.com/tours/crim15/crim15_3.htm

Plato
Old 31-Aug-2015, 17:14   #10
Eja Cool8
Enema of the people
More from their final rehearsals, Professor Bruford pops in to say Hi;

http://papabear.com/tours/crim15/crim15_4.htm

Plato
Old 31-Aug-2015, 20:12   #11
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe just PM yourself.
Old 31-Aug-2015, 20:52   #12
Eja Cool8
Enema of the people
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inertiaman View Post
Maybe just PM yourself.
Oh dear, Matt's in entirely un-provoked cunt mode again. Whatever are we to do with the boy?

Plato
Old 08-Sep-2015, 16:18   #13
Eja Cool8
Enema of the people
Stuff from their visits to Brightonia & Lahndahnn Tahhn;

http://papabear.com/tours/crim15/crim15_7.htm

Plato
Old 14-Sep-2015, 15:21   #14
Eja Cool8
Enema of the people
Smile

Plato
Old 21-Sep-2015, 02:03   #15
Eja Cool8
Enema of the people
Great time had by all last Thursday & Friday. Disappointed inasmuch as the setlist was mostly biased towards their 70s material, as opposed to the eighties stuff that really got me listening to them in the first place. Still all good though, some great muscianship on display. Fripp looking inscrutable as usual, Tony Levin giving us the goods on bass, etc.

Was pleasantly surprised by how well the three drummer frontline worked together though. Even getting just two drummers to play well together can be an effort, but these guys all had a real sense of give and take, and the ebb and flow of the tune, sensitive and intricate at times, bombastic at others, but always suiting the music. Great stuff.

Seems like Tony and the guys fell back in love with Edinburgh, and their audience up here.

http://papabear.com/tours/crim15/crim15_11.htm

"Both shows here at the Usher Hall were great. Some thought them the best ones of the tour (and that's a good direction to be heading in, considering that the first shows were very good!)

Also, at the end of the second show, suddenly... the most people dancing to King Crimson music that I can remember in my many concerts with the band. (I'm not saying it was pretty... just reporting!)

Here are a few more pictures of the city... I'll admit it's sometimes tough for me not to be taking pictures of the shows, the great audiences, and the surprises (like people dancing to Schizoid Man)... but that's the deal I made, to feel okay about asking audiences not to take pictures during the show. So if I'm presenting more than needed of the city and backstage, hopefully it'll be forgiven.
"

Dancing to 21st Century Schizoid Man???

Welcome to Edinburgh.

Plato
Old 25-Oct-2016, 16:21   #16
Eja Cool8
Enema of the people
I had a feeling that, despite their insistence on no phones/cameras on the night, that they'd release something themselves, and so it goes; the album/disc (not sure if there's a download, this is King Crimson, after all ) is called: "Radical Action to Unseat the Hold of Monkey Mind"

Starless and Bible Black, a little taster from same...

Plato
Old 07-Aug-2017, 17:43   #17
Eja Cool8
Enema of the people
Just found this.

Plato

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Music & Musicians

Tags
nipples exploding, three drummers drumming