trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Games Extra > Forumless Games

Old 19-Jan-2015, 15:26   #31
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
Is anyone honestly surprised at where SOE put these paywalls? Frontier Development is one thing but really?
Old 05-Mar-2015, 12:41   #32
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
Have had a posse playing this for a week or so. Buhhh the game is really good for a 15 quid alpha/beta/givmoney whatever but hacking is rendering it pointless. Invisible people killing you at key locations. Noclip looting of locked stores and player structures. The devs have been making noises about getting on top of it and even made some stupid video about hacker bans but honestly they should spend less time doing that and more time moving the product from detection to prevention.

Sort that out, throw and throw in far more equipment options via drops and crafting (custom guns and craft clothing pls) and there's a really good game here. Until they stop the endemic cheating there's little point putting time into it.
Old 05-Mar-2015, 13:12   #33
Inertiaman
Yeah tons of potential there, and at risk of enraging Ashen I think it currently strikes a really accessible balance between it's Arma DNA and a nicely intuitive FPS movement/combat setup. Much of the Arma faff and complexity was unneccessary imo.
Old 05-Mar-2015, 13:37   #34
stepper
post haste
stepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond repute
It looks piss poor. We're (Homer, Zii, Ashen, Skiff and myself) are having a lot of fun on Broken Point now that they've fixed the majority of bugs. It was extremely frustrating to play with a month or two ago, but they've addressed a lot of the issues.
"I'm not getting out of bed until I get fucked!" - Marcus Antonius, 31 BC
Old 05-Mar-2015, 16:45   #35
Inertiaman
Yeah the graphics are fine for what they are and I'll sacrifice pretty in exchange for decent scale.
Old 05-Mar-2015, 16:48   #36
stepper
post haste
stepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond repute
I meant looks bad overall, not graphically. Hell I run BP in medium settings just to be able to see 1000m and it looks patchy.

BP is still buggy but nowhere near as it was.. zombies running through walls is the most irritating still, but as you say most of it lies with the Arma engine.

I'd much rather stick to BP than a p2w version.
Old 05-Mar-2015, 16:50   #37
Inertiaman
H1Z1 isn't p2w as it stands. The airdrops aren't even private. Everyone on that quarter of the map can hear and see the plane. Everyone who saw the plane can see the shipping container parachuting down with a strobe on it and anyone can loot it. You'd need to be fairly well organised in a group to ensure you get away with the stuff. And Arma as an engine has been all potential and no polish for 2-3 iterations now. I don't see them settling it down to the same extent SOE achieved with PS2.
Old 05-Mar-2015, 17:04   #38
stepper
post haste
Well they won't because it started off as a war simulator rather than a game didn't it?
Old 05-Mar-2015, 17:15   #39
Inertiaman
Remembering Operation Flashpoint I'm fairly sure it was a jogging through fields simulator.

Go Back   trickery.net > Games Extra > Forumless Games

Tags
ashens moral mountain, devs cheats, nge mrk 2, shit got real

Users Viewing Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)