trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Current Affairs

Old 24-Aug-2017, 15:08   #1
Randell
my post count gets me dates
Randell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond repute
Fixie Cyclist 'Wanton 7 Furious' Driving

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...driving-charge

I have to say I think it's a terrible decision. It's a tragic accident but at what what level is 14mph 'wanton and furious'.
 Randell 
Old 24-Aug-2017, 15:11   #2
Lungboy
Roboplegic Wrongcock
Lungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond repute
When you're on an illegal bike with no front brake?
Old 24-Aug-2017, 15:23   #3
Orange
please find me real friends
Orange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond repute
What Lung said. To be specific, it's a clear case of causing bodily harm through wilful misconduct (riding an illegal bike).
Old 24-Aug-2017, 15:59   #4
Ferg
Default Title Here
Ferg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond repute
Seen the guys tattoo? He's a class A idiot.
Old 24-Aug-2017, 16:08   #5
NWA
Fish Schnapps
NWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond repute
As a relatively keen cyclist until I read that article I didn't know there was a height limit on a bike that means that I need a front brake. Apparently neither did Allington. He also stopped in a similar amount of time to a car travelling that speed and in half the time of a properly equipped road bike in the wet, so I'm not sure how that amounts to wilful misconduct...

He should have been fined for the illegal bike. The rest of it is just horrible accident and the charges in no way reflect the circumstances of it, they've just been made up because someone incredibly unluckily died.

Also I'm not sure how it was used in prosecution but suggesting that he could have stopped on a butchers bike or a mountain bike is stupid. Put a front brake on the bike he's riding and test it. At long as the rest of the bike is legal that's all that is relevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryBaby
If Rooney kicks a ball at the World Cup then I will eat my underpants
Send a message via ICQ to NWA Send a message via MSN to NWA
Old 24-Aug-2017, 16:08   #6
NWA
Fish Schnapps
NWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond repute
If only being an idiot was a crime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryBaby
If Rooney kicks a ball at the World Cup then I will eat my underpants
Send a message via ICQ to NWA Send a message via MSN to NWA
Old 24-Aug-2017, 16:17   #7
Orange
Orange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond repute
Being an idiot that removes his or her front brakes without thinking to check whether that's legal, and then killing a woman as a result, is a crime.
Old 24-Aug-2017, 17:25   #8
Randell
Randell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond repute
Did he remove the front bike, the actual reporting of this beacuse he comes across as an idiotic yob is very reactionary. My reading was that the bike is a track bike and came without a front brake, which by itself isn't illegal.

Also the papers reporting that 14mph-18mp was excessive on a bike is ridiculous. If a pedestrian steps out 20 foot in front of a car travelling at 20mph and gets killed, the motor driver would not be prosecuted.
 Randell 
Old 24-Aug-2017, 17:40   #9
Orange
I'm only going by the tweet attributed to him "The time when you first take your brakes off and feeling like you're in a @lucasbrunelle movie".

Papers are misattributing the description of the charge to the speed he was travelling at. But if a car driver killed someone under those circumstances with defective brakes they would be prosecuted.
Old 24-Aug-2017, 18:21   #10
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
This was a horribly unlucky/stupid freak accident on the part of both parties and shouldn't be used as a basis for any law change whatsoever no matter how irritating the accused is.
Old 25-Aug-2017, 09:59   #11
Randell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inertiaman View Post
This was a horribly unlucky/stupid freak accident on the part of both parties and shouldn't be used as a basis for any law change whatsoever no matter how irritating the accused is.
This is basically my position. The press reporting on him, because he is dislikable made him a classic 'youth of today' villain' versus the tragedy of an attractive professional who tragically hit her head on the kerb after the collision. The point is I cant see anything that proved the front brake would have stopped this accident. The thinking distance for 20mph is 5m-6m+5m-6m braking distance in a car. So If she stepped out 6m in front of him, he only had 1m to brake to a stop, which is impossible even on a bike. so he swerved and shouted. It was tragic she stepped back into his avoidance maneouvre.
 Randell 
Old 25-Aug-2017, 10:02   #12
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
Even if the bike stops you certainly won't. And honestly, we should all expect to pass through green lights at less than 20mph without having someone wander out in front of us, on the phone, whilst looking in the opposite direction.
Old 25-Aug-2017, 11:30   #13
Barb
poster of the month
Barb has a reputation beyond reputeBarb has a reputation beyond reputeBarb has a reputation beyond reputeBarb has a reputation beyond reputeBarb has a reputation beyond reputeBarb has a reputation beyond reputeBarb has a reputation beyond reputeBarb has a reputation beyond reputeBarb has a reputation beyond reputeBarb has a reputation beyond reputeBarb has a reputation beyond repute
Shown zero remorse. Shouted abuse whilst she lay injured on the floor. Horrible little scrote, not my fault guv, honest.
 FlatCapnWhippet   JerrytheLintElf 

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Current Affairs

Tags
psychlepath