trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Games > Real Time Strategy

Old 01-Oct-2006, 15:09   #1
NWA
Fish Schnapps
NWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond repute
Company of Heroes "Could Not Connect To All Players in the Game" error message

If anyone finds a solution to this please let me know - basically I can't connect to some people sometimes. I first played with rap and he was fine to connect to, no problems whatsoever. Then after rap played with bopper later I tried to join with pHk and bopper, only I couldn't connect to bopper. It was strange but I tried restarting my game and that did nothing, then Bopper did and I could conenct to him fine.

Annoying but it's not too bad to restart this game. THen later I tried to join in a 4v4 but couldn;t connect to half the players. We all restarted our games, same result. We then only restarted those who couldn't conenct to me, and then all those who could to check they could still connect to me. Nothing changed. I ended up sitting out when pHk showed up.

Today I had a 2v2 where I was playing with Goosestepper (one of the guys i couldn't connect to the previous night), pHk, and Rainy. We had a cracking little 2v2 where pHk's strong defense and ranged power and my quick attack and holding of key fuel points resulted in us strangling the map. Good stuff, and BigD, BigBopper and norfolknclue had all joined so we tried to get a 3v3 and then a 4v4 going. Only I couldn't connect to Goosestepper again. We both tried restarting the game, I uninstalled Windows Defender AntiSpyware as that apparently has some conflicts with the game and restarted my PC. Goosestepper didn't have any problems connecting to anyone else. I haven't been able to play as the guys went ahead with a 3v3 while I did this. So if that doesn't work, any other suggestions? No format c: or open it in notepad jokes please. Reinstalling the game is an option but it'd take a while so not a very high one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryBaby
If Rooney kicks a ball at the World Cup then I will eat my underpants
Send a message via ICQ to NWA Send a message via MSN to NWA
Old 01-Oct-2006, 15:45   #2
ophiuchus
to post or not to post
ophiuchus has a reputation beyond reputeophiuchus has a reputation beyond reputeophiuchus has a reputation beyond reputeophiuchus has a reputation beyond reputeophiuchus has a reputation beyond reputeophiuchus has a reputation beyond reputeophiuchus has a reputation beyond reputeophiuchus has a reputation beyond reputeophiuchus has a reputation beyond reputeophiuchus has a reputation beyond reputeophiuchus has a reputation beyond repute
I think its a bug because its completely random. I might troll the relic forums a bit more later on today. I do know that on friday they had issues with the servers due to demand. Maybe its general launch woes.
Old 12-Feb-2008, 01:19   #3
Chef_uk
account shared with 10 people
Chef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond repute
::ld thread bumper:::

Any fix for this? Just getting in to COH now lol
Old 12-Feb-2008, 13:00   #4
NWA
Fish Schnapps
NWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond repute
I found that when I switched from my Marvell onboard network card to my nVidia onboard network card that the problem went away - for me. Basically as far as anyone can tell the online matchup system is very picky. I know Venger had a router that was a problem, I had a network card (on the same motherboard as the one I currently use :/) which was a problem. All I can suggest is play around until you find a setup that doesn't die. Otherwise Hamachi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryBaby
If Rooney kicks a ball at the World Cup then I will eat my underpants
Send a message via ICQ to NWA Send a message via MSN to NWA
Old 12-Feb-2008, 13:37   #5
pHk
lolzipan
pHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond repute
I think Ian once theorized that it had largely to do with NAT and different connection/router combinations (the famous Rainy router that would spontaneously combust if it saw CoH network traffic). The Norfolk theorem was later assumed to be true because Relic issued patches along with the expansion that supposedly fixed this.

Long way of saying nobody really has a clue (including Relic) but we think it's some NAT implementations on some routers.
Old 12-Feb-2008, 13:55   #6
Scrobbs
Sunnyvale Supervisor
Scrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond repute
The stability is definitely better, but still exists sometimes. I've had a few emails back and forth with one of the Relic network coders, as they took a brief interest after I hassled them, but nothing really came of it. Maybe it did, who knows. Anyhow, I miss the times when there was a lot of us on. You, Tom, have sold your account now too!

Maybe I'll start another thread for CoH names to see if anyone is up for it. It seems the COD4 excitement has died a little, and folks might be up for more CoH. Especially after the new balance patch and team matching!
Old 12-Feb-2008, 14:20   #7
Rainy
Monkeh Feel0r
Tournaments Won: 1
Rainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond repute
Not gonna get a chance to buy a new router today, but im off work tommorow so I shall go and get a new netgear (never had a problem with them and CoH)

Ian what netgear model you using? Might as well get one that we know works with CoH.
 TBM Rainy 
Old 12-Feb-2008, 14:41   #8
Scrobbs
Sunnyvale Supervisor
Scrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond repute
DG834N

http://www.netgear.com/Products/Rout...ys/DG834N.aspx
Old 12-Feb-2008, 18:23   #9
Rainy
Monkeh Feel0r
Tournaments Won: 1
Rainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond repute
the specs on that don't say if it has wired ports for ethernet? I'm guessing is does from the picture as it has 1 2 3 4 lights that indicate a cable has been inserted into the port.
 TBM Rainy 
Old 12-Feb-2008, 18:44   #10
Scrobbs
Sunnyvale Supervisor
Yeh, click 'Demo' on the right and there's a ports tab. You made me uncertain there!

Go Back   trickery.net > Games > Real Time Strategy

Tags
don't open it in notepad