trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Technical > Software & Security

Old 11-Feb-2007, 23:55   #1
xhaust
will post for food
xhaust has a reputation beyond reputexhaust has a reputation beyond reputexhaust has a reputation beyond reputexhaust has a reputation beyond reputexhaust has a reputation beyond reputexhaust has a reputation beyond reputexhaust has a reputation beyond reputexhaust has a reputation beyond reputexhaust has a reputation beyond reputexhaust has a reputation beyond reputexhaust has a reputation beyond repute
Windows Vista - 1st 24 hours

As you may or may not know i've built a new system based on the following - Intel Core Duo e6600, 2GB DDR2-800 RAM, Geforce 8800GTS, 320GB HDD, TV Tuner, WINDOWS VISTA HOME PREMIUM.

Initial installation, straitforward as you could hope. After getting Vista up and running took about 30-40 mins to get the Aero feature working due to needing drivers for my gfx card and fiddling with the interface until i got Aero to work.

First impressions on Aero, its nice. The features associated with areo work well and look good although it took me a bit of time to realise the feature wasnt initially working as it is fairly discreet with the main noticable feature being the explorer bar etc being slightly see through.

The interface itself is acctually pretty good, its better than XP and the use of 'all programs' in the start menu isnt often needed, Windows Media Centre is briliant, looks good, a bit confusing at first but once u've sussed it it'll give plenty of joy especially if u have a TV card although if i have TV in a window its all slow, jumpy and sometimes cuts out, could be driver issues though as the Hauppauge drivers are a bit ho hum.

The gadgets thing is nice enough. At first i thourght it was pointlessly rubbish but ive got the weather details, cpu monitor and an RSS thing in the top right with messanger sitting nicely below it (although not integrated). Its alright.

Vista does have annoying features. The main one is that pretty much every time you do pretty much anything with Vista it warns you and wants you to confirm your actions. You find that you just idly click through them but they are really annoying. When you experiance it first hand you'll know what i mean :o

The 'lock computer' and 'go into low power state' buttons are double the size of the little -> arrow which has the standby/shutdown/restart buttons. I havent done it yet but you could inadvertantly press the 2 larger buttons by accident which could be a pain in the arse, especially likely on a laptop.

I would say that there are still stability problems with vista, especially with exotic hardware. I've had an occasion when ive pressed for the system to shut down and nothing happens. Sometimes clicking on 'computer' doesent do anything. Sometimes you'll action something and nothing happens :o

My verdict is that Vista IS the future. Overall its pretty good and a step in the right direction. It does blow XP away in pretty much every respect. Naturally its system intensive but XP was when that first came out.

It still has a few bugs to iron out but its only been out for under 2 weeks to the general public. If ur buying a new system. Its gotta be Vista all the way but i wouldnt consider spending money upgrading to Vista as it doesent offer much to warrent the £150 or whatever for upgrading.

8/10.
Old 12-Feb-2007, 02:06   #2
assassin
kidneythieves fan
assassin has a reputation beyond reputeassassin has a reputation beyond reputeassassin has a reputation beyond reputeassassin has a reputation beyond reputeassassin has a reputation beyond reputeassassin has a reputation beyond reputeassassin has a reputation beyond reputeassassin has a reputation beyond reputeassassin has a reputation beyond reputeassassin has a reputation beyond reputeassassin has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhaust

The 'lock computer' and 'go into low power state' buttons are double the size of the little -> arrow which has the standby/shutdown/restart buttons. I havent done it yet but you could inadvertantly press the 2 larger buttons by accident which could be a pain in the arse, especially likely on a laptop.
I noticed that in reviews - seems a little silly really to put so much emphasis on a standby mode - I don't really think it's good for power consumpion, however little it may use. I'd be worried if it messed up if I hit the power switch too. Plus everything needs to be shutdown after a while - windows is never that continuously stable! Much prefer shutting down as normal.

Kidney Thieves www.eventhorizon.co.nr www.darksideradio.com Lacuna Coil Collide VaLkyR Forums
Old 12-Feb-2007, 09:24   #3
StarMonkey
Gene Pool Attendant
StarMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeStarMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeStarMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeStarMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeStarMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeStarMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeStarMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeStarMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeStarMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeStarMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeStarMonkey has a reputation beyond repute
I tried it on my laptop (Dell Latitude D810) last week, and whilst I really like the UI and Aero, I had a few problems which forced me to use my backup ghost image and go back.

1, The volume controls on the laptop (above the keyboard) stopped working. I searched the Dell site for new drivers but the latest ones were the ones I had.

2, The sound worked fine through the speakers, but whenever I plugged headphones in, nothing came out of them. A bit of googling shows that others have had this problem - some said that the latest drivers fixed it, but the latest drivers are dated Nov 2004 which were the ones I was using. I reinstalled them but it didn't work. I really need the headphone socket because I download TV shows and watch them through my TV.

Everything else seemed to work fine. I didn't like the way 'My Computer' defaulted to my network places but I think that's changeable somewhere (someone else I know has theirs looking like the XP one).

Also, UAC can be quite annoying. It stopped hamachi and peerguardian from starting up at boot time because they need administrator privs. The only way to fix that is to disable UAC or, according to MS help, "download a version of the product which doesnt require administrator privileges"

If it wasn't for the headphone problem, I would've stuck with it. I'm going to do some more digging this week because I've got a legit Vista Business key which I'd like to use.
Old 12-Feb-2007, 09:25   #4
GroovYF
Octave Doctor
GroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond repute
Should be able to create a shortcut to rundll32 with a switch to force a shutdown and pin it to the start menu.
[Edit - Apparently not!]

Been using Vista here at work for a couple of weeks now. Trying to see how much (or little I need to revert back to XP). So far, I haven't needed to.

Last edited by GroovYF; 12-Feb-2007 at 09:46.
 groovyf 
Old 12-Feb-2007, 09:50   #5
Scrobbs
Sunnyvale Supervisor
Scrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond repute
There are ways to turn the nagware off in the registry if it annoys you too much xhaust.
Old 12-Feb-2007, 10:37   #6
EvilGrin
my other forum is full
EvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond repute
I've noticed some incompatibility with old games. Mostly it seems to be boiling down to Starforce copy protection. The driver that Starforce installs doesn't appear to work under Vista. I've got round the problem for a few games by using no CD cracks.
Old 12-Feb-2007, 11:07   #7
Bad-Co
Large Member
Bad-Co has a reputation beyond reputeBad-Co has a reputation beyond reputeBad-Co has a reputation beyond reputeBad-Co has a reputation beyond reputeBad-Co has a reputation beyond reputeBad-Co has a reputation beyond reputeBad-Co has a reputation beyond reputeBad-Co has a reputation beyond reputeBad-Co has a reputation beyond reputeBad-Co has a reputation beyond reputeBad-Co has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

The gadgets thing is nice enough. At first i thourght it was pointlessly rubbish but ive got the weather details, cpu monitor and an RSS thing in the top right with messanger sitting nicely below it (although not integrated). Its alright.
Get a radio gadget,

http://gallery.live.com/liveItemDeta...a61e67c08c&l=1

Quote:
Vista does have annoying features. The main one is that pretty much every time you do pretty much anything with Vista it warns you and wants you to confirm your actions. You find that you just idly click through them but they are really annoying. When you experiance it first hand you'll know what i mean :o

Turn UAC off then
Old 12-Feb-2007, 11:23   #8
Pellet
He's using the trees
Pellet has a reputation beyond reputePellet has a reputation beyond reputePellet has a reputation beyond reputePellet has a reputation beyond reputePellet has a reputation beyond reputePellet has a reputation beyond reputePellet has a reputation beyond reputePellet has a reputation beyond reputePellet has a reputation beyond reputePellet has a reputation beyond reputePellet has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroovYF
Should be able to create a shortcut to rundll32 with a switch to force a shutdown and pin it to the start menu.
[Edit - Apparently not!]

Been using Vista here at work for a couple of weeks now. Trying to see how much (or little I need to revert back to XP). So far, I haven't needed to.
Can you create a shortcut on your desktop calling shutdown.exe -s ? Can't test it here..
 madgeman 
Old 12-Feb-2007, 11:24   #9
Sierro
Loves Hayley Williams
Sierro has a reputation beyond reputeSierro has a reputation beyond reputeSierro has a reputation beyond reputeSierro has a reputation beyond reputeSierro has a reputation beyond reputeSierro has a reputation beyond reputeSierro has a reputation beyond reputeSierro has a reputation beyond reputeSierro has a reputation beyond reputeSierro has a reputation beyond reputeSierro has a reputation beyond repute
The search. So much better than the XP one! Make sure you add your commonly used drives/folders to the index. The search also applies to the start menu - why navigate to the correct shortcut? Start typing the name and it appears!
Send a message via ICQ to Sierro Send a message via AIM to Sierro Send a message via MSN to Sierro Send a message via Yahoo to Sierro  Sierro 
Old 12-Feb-2007, 11:29   #10
GroovYF
Octave Doctor
GroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellet
Can you create a shortcut on your desktop calling shutdown.exe -s ? Can't test it here..
Yeah, tried that, but all it does is pop up a message box saying your PC will shutdown in 60 secs. Not like clicking on Shutdown at all :/
Old 12-Feb-2007, 11:32   #11
Scrobbs
Sunnyvale Supervisor
Scrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond repute
just include the '-t' switch and use an argument of 1 (second).
Old 12-Feb-2007, 11:38   #12
GroovYF
Octave Doctor
C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe /s /t 0

Works a treat. Good call, Norfolk

Looks like /p may do just the same too
Old 12-Feb-2007, 11:45   #13
xhaust
will post for food
xhaust has a reputation beyond reputexhaust has a reputation beyond reputexhaust has a reputation beyond reputexhaust has a reputation beyond reputexhaust has a reputation beyond reputexhaust has a reputation beyond reputexhaust has a reputation beyond reputexhaust has a reputation beyond reputexhaust has a reputation beyond reputexhaust has a reputation beyond reputexhaust has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-Co
Fookin class!
Old 12-Feb-2007, 14:58   #14
matrices
Beeb > PC
matrices has a reputation beyond reputematrices has a reputation beyond reputematrices has a reputation beyond reputematrices has a reputation beyond reputematrices has a reputation beyond reputematrices has a reputation beyond reputematrices has a reputation beyond reputematrices has a reputation beyond reputematrices has a reputation beyond reputematrices has a reputation beyond reputematrices has a reputation beyond repute
Go to power managment and you can reassign the function of the power button on the start menu to ACTUALLY shut down the PC. My work here is done

M
The only difference is that there is no cat.
- Albert Einstein
Old 13-Feb-2007, 01:02   #15
Sierro
Loves Hayley Williams
Sierro has a reputation beyond reputeSierro has a reputation beyond reputeSierro has a reputation beyond reputeSierro has a reputation beyond reputeSierro has a reputation beyond reputeSierro has a reputation beyond reputeSierro has a reputation beyond reputeSierro has a reputation beyond reputeSierro has a reputation beyond reputeSierro has a reputation beyond reputeSierro has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrices
Go to power managment and you can reassign the function of the power button on the start menu to ACTUALLY shut down the PC. My work here is done

M
Only in advanced though.
Send a message via ICQ to Sierro Send a message via AIM to Sierro Send a message via MSN to Sierro Send a message via Yahoo to Sierro  Sierro 
Old 13-Feb-2007, 13:13   #16
matrices
Beeb > PC
matrices has a reputation beyond reputematrices has a reputation beyond reputematrices has a reputation beyond reputematrices has a reputation beyond reputematrices has a reputation beyond reputematrices has a reputation beyond reputematrices has a reputation beyond reputematrices has a reputation beyond reputematrices has a reputation beyond reputematrices has a reputation beyond reputematrices has a reputation beyond repute
Well I thought that peeps on here might not need a step by step on it

M
The only difference is that there is no cat.
- Albert Einstein
Old 13-Feb-2007, 13:16   #17
Sierro
Loves Hayley Williams
No, see, I replied, then realised my error, so quickly edited to make it look I knew what I was talking about.
Old 24-Feb-2007, 10:34   #18
Chelsea
um.. wtf?
Chelsea has a brilliant futureChelsea has a brilliant futureChelsea has a brilliant futureChelsea has a brilliant futureChelsea has a brilliant futureChelsea has a brilliant futureChelsea has a brilliant futureChelsea has a brilliant futureChelsea has a brilliant futureChelsea has a brilliant futureChelsea has a brilliant future
I have just got new pc with vista on. At moment there are a few progs that are having problems running under it but I guess thats down to the drivers which I be sorting later.
Apart from that, nice interface, runs rapid on this pc. You say Starmonkey you couldnt get the headphones to work, I can't get the mic to work out the front jack, suppliers say its incompatibility with the sound card but off to search for updated driver and try that.
Old 24-Feb-2007, 11:42   #19
StarMonkey
Gene Pool Attendant
StarMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeStarMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeStarMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeStarMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeStarMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeStarMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeStarMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeStarMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeStarMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeStarMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeStarMonkey has a reputation beyond repute
I gave it a second try yesterday on my laptop

I'm using Vista Business Upgrade on a licence I got from a mates company I used to do some work for.

I managed to sort out all my niggles. The sound issue was fixed by completely uninstalling the drivers, then rebooting and letting windows use the microsoft version of the drivers.

The only way around programs not being allowed to start with admin privileges was to disable UAC.

I'm back on XP again now though, and I don't really recommend upgrading. I'm going to do a clean install soon Basically it didn't really run that well (slower than XP), and it took longer to boot and shutdown. I'm pretty sure this is because of all the bloat left behind from the XP install. Plus things like the Intel Proset Wireless were acting a bit strangely (ie the software was running but windows took control of the wireless connection).

Overall I liked vista quite a lot, and aero is great (especially window button + tab) but doing an upgrade from XP was a bit of a performance hit. In case anyone's interested, the XP install I upgraded from is about 9-10 months old.
Old 24-Feb-2007, 11:47   #20
Chelsea
um.. wtf?
Chelsea has a brilliant futureChelsea has a brilliant futureChelsea has a brilliant futureChelsea has a brilliant futureChelsea has a brilliant futureChelsea has a brilliant futureChelsea has a brilliant futureChelsea has a brilliant futureChelsea has a brilliant futureChelsea has a brilliant futureChelsea has a brilliant future
I have tried uninstalling sound driver and letting it use its own but I will try again
Old 24-Feb-2007, 12:09   #21
StarMonkey
Gene Pool Attendant
I can't say if the mic port worked on mine - I've had the laptop over a year and never plugged a mic into it
Old 24-Feb-2007, 13:16   #22
Pellet
He's using the trees
Pellet has a reputation beyond reputePellet has a reputation beyond reputePellet has a reputation beyond reputePellet has a reputation beyond reputePellet has a reputation beyond reputePellet has a reputation beyond reputePellet has a reputation beyond reputePellet has a reputation beyond reputePellet has a reputation beyond reputePellet has a reputation beyond reputePellet has a reputation beyond repute
headphones and mic work for me - but if i use my Audigy 2 it blue screens, oh and it blue screens for the heck of it sometimes anyway!
Other than that, i genuinely like it.
 madgeman 
Old 25-Feb-2007, 10:24   #23
Chelsea
um.. wtf?
Uninstalled and re-installed sound driver, back mic works but front one doesn't
Also, Dark Messiah runs now which it didn't on old pc but PREY won't work on this now! .. Vista for ya
I think i'll go back to playing Solitaire

I haven't even started on the other software / devices yet
Old 18-Mar-2007, 19:03   #24
popej
topicophiliac
popej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond repute
Has anyone installed Vista over the top of XP instead of a clean install? If so how does it perform?

I know its really lazy but I really can't be arsed with going through the nightmare that was installing my RAID HDD's again...

Ta.
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe... [contemptuous laugh] Titans on fire off the shoulder of YZ-LQL. I watched tachyons (tech 2) glitter in the dark near the NOL-M9 Gate. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [small cough] tears... in... rain. Time... to die..."
 gobrun 
Old 18-Mar-2007, 19:25   #25
StarMonkey
Gene Pool Attendant
I did, and I wouldn't do it again. It took around 3 hours to actually install (instead of 20 minutes for a clean install), not all apps worked properly, there were XP redundant files left all over the place, it took longer to boot, and everything was generally slower than the XP I had 'upgraded'

Definitely go for a clean install unless you've really got no other choice.
Old 21-Mar-2007, 17:37   #26
[n00b]Furious
poster of the month
[n00b]Furious has a brilliant future[n00b]Furious has a brilliant future[n00b]Furious has a brilliant future[n00b]Furious has a brilliant future[n00b]Furious has a brilliant future[n00b]Furious has a brilliant future[n00b]Furious has a brilliant future[n00b]Furious has a brilliant future[n00b]Furious has a brilliant future[n00b]Furious has a brilliant future[n00b]Furious has a brilliant future
I have just rebuilt a Dell XPS710 that was bought by my work to show off the latest generation of games with both XP Pro and Windows Vista Business Edition. What a palaver !

First I tried to install straight from XP Pro disk....................however the machine has a 250Gb SATA HDD so you have to provide the drivers for it..............................on a floppy disk............................which the machine doesnt have. Arse !

So, no problem, I'll try a USB FDD. Works fine for the initial driver set.....................and then stops recognising it. Arse again !

So, I dig out an old floppy disk and cable from home and bring it into work - cue comments 'Well, if you open it and it breaks, you know who'll they'll blame'.......................* sighs *.......so I install the internal FDD and boot off the XP Pro CD and PRESTO it works ! Hooray !

So I partition the drive into 2 and carry on my merry way, v quick and runs smoothly. At this point I uninstall the FDD.

So then I come to the Vista disk, which we get as part of our Select agreement with MS..............which doesnt boot. Double arse !!

So, I have to reinstall the FDD, go thru the whole XP Pro install again, THEN upgrade to Vista. A few more hours wasted.

So I finally get it up and running, and I am messing about with it, get it on the Domain and logs in fine, when I have the bright idea of deleting what I thort was the redundant user account..........how wrong was I !!!!

I only went and deleted the Administrator account instead, and then to top it all off it losts its association with the Domain - so I cant log in with ANY accounts at all.

Arse, Arse, Arse !

So I rebuild it all over again on the 2nd partition with the Windows Media Centre that came with the machine, no fecking about with FDD's or any of that nonsense.

And everyone thinks it looks really shiny !
Remember this, Remember everything is just black or burning sun
Send a message via ICQ to [n00b]Furious Send a message via MSN to [n00b]Furious
Old 21-Mar-2007, 18:27   #27
jimbobaggies
BOING BOING!
jimbobaggies has a reputation beyond reputejimbobaggies has a reputation beyond reputejimbobaggies has a reputation beyond reputejimbobaggies has a reputation beyond reputejimbobaggies has a reputation beyond reputejimbobaggies has a reputation beyond reputejimbobaggies has a reputation beyond reputejimbobaggies has a reputation beyond reputejimbobaggies has a reputation beyond reputejimbobaggies has a reputation beyond reputejimbobaggies has a reputation beyond repute
If you use an XP Pro disk with SP2 slipstreamed it should install without the need for drivers.....
Old 21-Mar-2007, 20:09   #28
Kenny
topicophiliac
Kenny has a reputation beyond reputeKenny has a reputation beyond reputeKenny has a reputation beyond reputeKenny has a reputation beyond reputeKenny has a reputation beyond reputeKenny has a reputation beyond reputeKenny has a reputation beyond reputeKenny has a reputation beyond reputeKenny has a reputation beyond reputeKenny has a reputation beyond reputeKenny has a reputation beyond repute
I had Vista ultimate on my sytem which was well nice but i had to go back to Xp as my monitor is old and too dark to play games on .

So im gonna install gain once i get my new monitor end of the month .

I remember having the is prob when Xp came out , I did have probs once vista was installed like my nic card not being found and my Audigy 1 sound card as well.

So i just installed the nic card from drivers that i found on my M/b disc and just installed drivers only from my sound card disc and all worked well after that .
 Stavros_Flatery   Stavros Flatery 
Old 22-Mar-2007, 23:00   #29
[n00b]Furious
poster of the month
[n00b]Furious has a brilliant future[n00b]Furious has a brilliant future[n00b]Furious has a brilliant future[n00b]Furious has a brilliant future[n00b]Furious has a brilliant future[n00b]Furious has a brilliant future[n00b]Furious has a brilliant future[n00b]Furious has a brilliant future[n00b]Furious has a brilliant future[n00b]Furious has a brilliant future[n00b]Furious has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobaggies
If you use an XP Pro disk with SP2 slipstreamed it should install without the need for drivers.....
Yeah I thort that too, but the disc I was using had SP2 on it - it was one of the discs that Dell provide, which amazed me even more initially * shrugs *
Remember this, Remember everything is just black or burning sun
Send a message via ICQ to [n00b]Furious Send a message via MSN to [n00b]Furious
Old 22-Mar-2007, 23:05   #30
jimbobaggies
BOING BOING!
jimbobaggies has a reputation beyond reputejimbobaggies has a reputation beyond reputejimbobaggies has a reputation beyond reputejimbobaggies has a reputation beyond reputejimbobaggies has a reputation beyond reputejimbobaggies has a reputation beyond reputejimbobaggies has a reputation beyond reputejimbobaggies has a reputation beyond reputejimbobaggies has a reputation beyond reputejimbobaggies has a reputation beyond reputejimbobaggies has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by [n00b]Furious
discs that Dell provide
that's just a fancy toaster isn't it

Go Back   trickery.net > Technical > Software & Security