trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Science Fiction

Old 19-Sep-2012, 16:32   #1
Eja Cool8
Enema of the people
Eja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile New Star Trek online pilot

'Star Trek: Renegades', starring Walter Koenig, Tim Russ and Garret Wang. Teaser trailer actually makes it look quite interesting..

http://www.sliceofscifi.com/2012/09/...ns-production/

Steve Fainaru: "Big Boy Rules"

"Every man and woman should play the noblest games and be of another mind from what they are at present."

Plato
 Ecch!   away foul box!   You must be kidding! 
Old 19-Sep-2012, 16:49   #2
Hot Soup
click here to reset post count
Tournaments Won: 1
Hot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond repute
aiaiai .. can't decide if that sounds decent or just looks fan made ;(

Why'd you open your bong hole you smelly hippy? You'd sacrifice a beautiful woman to save a moderately attractive monkey?

Hawks of the Luftwaffe!
Hot Soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-Sep-2012, 22:47   #3
DizMatt
PostPrandial
DizMatt has a reputation beyond reputeDizMatt has a reputation beyond reputeDizMatt has a reputation beyond reputeDizMatt has a reputation beyond reputeDizMatt has a reputation beyond reputeDizMatt has a reputation beyond reputeDizMatt has a reputation beyond reputeDizMatt has a reputation beyond reputeDizMatt has a reputation beyond reputeDizMatt has a reputation beyond reputeDizMatt has a reputation beyond repute
yeah, looks like two old cast members desperate to revive their careers.
however, this reminds me of something darker, like babylon 5 in which Koenig was excellent
i'd watch it but i'd be sceptical.
anything in this universe I'm up for something new and edgier is in.
look at homeland, falling skies etc. very much the in thing at the moment instead of "god bless america" in space
Send a message via MSN to DizMatt
Old 20-Sep-2012, 16:34   #4
Eja Cool8
Enema of the people
Eja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond repute
I've said it before, the worst thing Paramount ever did, was allow the-then-Trek bigwigs (especially Brannon Braga) to honk off Ronald D. Moore so badly that he felt he had to leave Voyager and Star Trek behind.

He did great work on DS9 as writer and, latterly, Executive Producer, and was strongly behind the darker, harder side of that series. Had he stayed on, I would have liked to have seen him given overall charge of the franchise. Voyager would have ended better, Enterprise would have been a damn sight better, and the last film wouldn't have been a lowest-common-denominator bubblegum job, as it was.

Mind you, in that case, we wouldn't have had Battlestar Galactica, at least not in the way it finally panned out

"Every man and woman should play the noblest games and be of another mind from what they are at present."

Plato
Old 20-Sep-2012, 18:50   #5
MaNiC^
off topic
Tournaments Won: 5
MaNiC^ has a reputation beyond reputeMaNiC^ has a reputation beyond reputeMaNiC^ has a reputation beyond reputeMaNiC^ has a reputation beyond reputeMaNiC^ has a reputation beyond reputeMaNiC^ has a reputation beyond reputeMaNiC^ has a reputation beyond reputeMaNiC^ has a reputation beyond reputeMaNiC^ has a reputation beyond reputeMaNiC^ has a reputation beyond reputeMaNiC^ has a reputation beyond repute
so, is the title misleading and this is nothing to actually do with the game "Star Trek: Online", but is a proper TV series? ;p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamey
We had a fight and Kirk won. He beat me to a pulp and I cried... I cried like a little bitch because I'm so gay.
Quote:
You call that breaking my spine?! You red team ladies wouldn't know how to break a spi *snap* *crash* ARGH MY SPINE!!!
Send a message via MSN to MaNiC^  Insomnikal 
Old 21-Sep-2012, 15:26   #6
Eja Cool8
Enema of the people
It's a proper online series, nothing to do with the sack of shite that is Star Trek: Online, which, in turn, had next to nothing to do with Star Trek

Plato
Old 21-Sep-2012, 15:50   #7
[RaG]Ethel
Alfa Male
[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute
by god that looks shit
Old 21-Sep-2012, 16:03   #8
Fulmineus
karma killer
Fulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond repute
What Eth said.

Say NO! to capital t Sponsored by AQA
Old 21-Sep-2012, 16:10   #9
Eja Cool8
Enema of the people
Quote:
Originally Posted by [RaG]Ethel View Post
by god that looks shit
You're just upset because you found out Chekov's a slaphead

Plato
Old 22-Sep-2012, 12:24   #10
DizMatt
PostPrandial
DizMatt has a reputation beyond reputeDizMatt has a reputation beyond reputeDizMatt has a reputation beyond reputeDizMatt has a reputation beyond reputeDizMatt has a reputation beyond reputeDizMatt has a reputation beyond reputeDizMatt has a reputation beyond reputeDizMatt has a reputation beyond reputeDizMatt has a reputation beyond reputeDizMatt has a reputation beyond reputeDizMatt has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by [RaG]Ethel View Post
by god that looks shit
it's not inspiring
the problem with these production values is that it reminds me far too much the cutscenes which were well cast but cheap as chips from command and conquer!!
or not cheap or badly done at the time, but surely times have moved on!

http://youtu.be/qRN2R-BLopg?t=1m49s
http://youtu.be/K7NYHUmQudc?t=7m15s
Send a message via MSN to DizMatt
Old 24-Sep-2012, 16:32   #11
Eja Cool8
Enema of the people
Depends what they had to work with. I doubt Koenig's gigantically well-off, at least not nearly in the same league as Shatner or Nimoy, the two lads from Voyager decidedly less so. They'll get fuck-all help from Paramount/CBS who have retreated into the sort of guff that made the third-Fred Freiberger-produced-series of TOS Trek a pile of crud compared to the first two.

So, a shitey budget then.

I'd still like to see it followed through, always liked those Trek stories where, in adverse times, the Federation was shown up for being a bit shady, or even downright corrupt(ed), just under the glossy, utopian surface.

Plato
Old 24-Sep-2012, 17:29   #12
Kenny
topicophiliac
Kenny has a reputation beyond reputeKenny has a reputation beyond reputeKenny has a reputation beyond reputeKenny has a reputation beyond reputeKenny has a reputation beyond reputeKenny has a reputation beyond reputeKenny has a reputation beyond reputeKenny has a reputation beyond reputeKenny has a reputation beyond reputeKenny has a reputation beyond reputeKenny has a reputation beyond repute
Looks fan made to me ,utter shite .
 Stavros_Flatery   Stavros Flatery 

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Science Fiction