trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Films

Old 17-Aug-2018, 23:40   #2731
Hot Soup
click here to reset post count
Tournaments Won: 1
Hot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond repute
Ant Man and the Wasp. Honestly enjoyed it immensely. It's a sweet, funny film that's pretty much just doing it's own thing. The cast are all great fun, the banter is great. Yeah the baddy is a bit so so , even if she is the lovely Hannah John-Kamen from the guilty pleasure that is Killjoys.

It's not got the scope and doesn't try to of more recent Marvel films. It doesn't have to though. If you want a fun, funny film , go see it. 7/10

Also Michelle Pfeiffer.

I have no doubt the quantum realm and probably the memory tech from Age of Ultron will play some kind of part in the next flick.

Why'd you open your bong hole you smelly hippy? You'd sacrifice a beautiful woman to save a moderately attractive monkey?

Hawks of the Luftwaffe!
Hot Soup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-Aug-2018, 03:39   #2732
Minty
T'reet Fetler!
Minty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond repute
The Meg - Cheesy bullshit. Not in a good way. My mate enjoyed it a lot more than I did, although he did spend the entire film cringing due to his unexplained fear of sharks. 3/10

Teen Titans Go! To the movies - Did what I wanted it to, which was to have some cheeky one liners andgourth wall breaking references. It was never going to keep an adults attention for long but it was entertaining for what it was. Features an obligatory Stan Lee appearance, despite being a DC movie. Also has a VERY funny final joke before the credits roll. 4/10

Mission Impossible: Fallout - ok so in terms of plot and script, it's bollocks. Badly written and stupidly shallow. In terms of action sequences, some of the best I've ever seen. It's worth seeing for the skydive sequence alone, which is simply incredible. Unfortunately it's all undermined by the poor writing and silly situations that occur. There's one point near the end where my mate actually said "oh fuck off" at one point near the end. For those that have seen it, I shall simply say: "hook". I'd see it again for the action but the script is laughable. 7/10
Old 22-Aug-2018, 10:22   #2733
BFH
Fixer of dead hard drives
BFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minty View Post
The Meg - Cheesy bullshit. Not in a good way. My mate enjoyed it a lot more than I did, although he did spend the entire film cringing due to his unexplained fear of sharks. 3/10

Teen Titans Go! To the movies - Did what I wanted it to, which was to have some cheeky one liners andgourth wall breaking references. It was never going to keep an adults attention for long but it was entertaining for what it was. Features an obligatory Stan Lee appearance, despite being a DC movie. Also has a VERY funny final joke before the credits roll. 4/10

Mission Impossible: Fallout - ok so in terms of plot and script, it's bollocks. Badly written and stupidly shallow. In terms of action sequences, some of the best I've ever seen. It's worth seeing for the skydive sequence alone, which is simply incredible. Unfortunately it's all undermined by the poor writing and silly situations that occur. There's one point near the end where my mate actually said "oh fuck off" at one point near the end. For those that have seen it, I shall simply say: "hook". I'd see it again for the action but the script is laughable. 7/10
Shame that - didn't Mr Pegg do this one? - he's not normally known for writing crap stuff.

Last edited by BFH; 03-Sep-2018 at 09:39.
Old 22-Aug-2018, 15:06   #2734
Fulmineus
karma killer
Fulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond repute
To be fair to your mate, what's to explain about why sharks are scary? Look at the fuckers!

Say NO! to capital t Sponsored by AQA
Old 22-Aug-2018, 15:48   #2735
[n00b]Zippy
Waterborne Trailer-Trash
[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute
It's one of those fears that I find relatively easy to explain.
Old 22-Aug-2018, 19:27   #2736
Hamspoons
I love lamp
Hamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFH View Post
Shame that - didn't Mr Pegg do this one? - he's normally known for writing crap stuff.
McQuarrie writing/directing, but they've said they only had 30 pages of script when they started shooting. So guessing not the ideal writing scenario.
Old 22-Aug-2018, 19:52   #2737
Minty
T'reet Fetler!
Minty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulmineus View Post
To be fair to your mate, what's to explain about why sharks are scary? Look at the fuckers!
When I say scared of them, I mean cowering in his seat every time one appeared on screen. It was all a bit excessive! All the horror of Jaws had been removed to make it into a family friendly rating and all we were left with was a big cgi shark. Didn't really work. Apparently the book is very good so I may read that to see just how much they changed it!

**edit** The Meg is in kindle unlimited so I definitely WILL read it.

Last edited by Minty; 22-Aug-2018 at 19:57.
Old 22-Aug-2018, 20:49   #2738
Hot Soup
Hot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamspoons View Post
McQuarrie writing/directing, but they've said they only had 30 pages of script when they started shooting. So guessing not the ideal writing scenario.
I think Minty is being harsh , but each to their own. It's been pretty universally well reviewed , I thought it was great!

Why'd you open your bong hole you smelly hippy? You'd sacrifice a beautiful woman to save a moderately attractive monkey?

Hawks of the Luftwaffe!
Old 22-Aug-2018, 20:49   #2739
Hot Soup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minty View Post

**edit** The Meg is in kindle unlimited so I definitely WILL read it.
It's daft fun. And there's another bunch ...

Hawks of the Luftwaffe!
Old 24-Aug-2018, 21:54   #2740
Minty
T'reet Fetler!
The Equalizer 2 - As with most sequels, not as good as the first film. It's a very very slow build up, even more than the first one. In actual fact, I don't think it would be unfair to say that in the first 30 minutes of the film, NOTHING happens. Literally nothing. Oh, we get some character-establishing scenes, including reminding you that he's a stone-cold killer with a heart of gold and setting up his new cover as a Lyft driver. There's NOTHING that happens that affects the storyline in the first 30 minutes. All 3 of us agreed afterward that while we enjoyed it, the side-plot was more interesting than the main plot and we wished that had been developed more. 7/10
Old 24-Aug-2018, 21:57   #2741
The Big Kahuna
**** off Lester
The Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond repute
Upgrade - 7/10 - decent acting and plot for a low budget movie. If it'd been higher budget, I'd have scored it lower. Decent performance from the lead actor, who is a bit of a Tom Hardy clone.
Old 01-Sep-2018, 12:38   #2742
Hot Soup
BlackKKlansman - latest Spike Lee "joint" , very good film. Washington and Driver are both great. The film has a really good blend of humour , wit and drama , from the initial phone call to "you've got skin in the game" , also does a great job of showing the klan and the banality of evil and frankly how insane they all are.

I did manage to go through the whole film , not realising who Washington was the son of but wondering how the hell he sounded EXACTLY like Denzel. Plus totally mistook Ryan Eggold for Mathew Fox and didn't realise David Duke was played by Topher Grace... nm. Entertaining , tension mounts through the film , with some good scenes. 8/10

Nice little coda at the end with the Charlottesville rally and it's aftermath. Perhaps a tad heavy handed but it worked.

Hawks of the Luftwaffe!
Old 02-Sep-2018, 10:45   #2743
Hot Soup
Terminator 2 in 3d 4dx. That was quite the experience .

I'd never seen the film in the cinema , so seeing it on big screen , high quality was something else. Despite it's familiarity the film still holds up for me. The effects both practical and physical , hold up.

I'd never done a 4dx screening before and it was intense! It mostly worked to add to the film , but I do wonder if it would be distracting for a film you didn't know. You know the action beats from this film , you know when someone is going through a wall or going to jump a vehicle off a bridge , so when the at times really powerful 4dx effect kicks in you know whats happening so if your bounced about and not tracking whats going on it could be distracting. A thoroughly entertaining experience , but curious about how well it does on something else. Film still gets a 9/10 , the 4dx shenanigans for this get an 8/10.

Fun

Hawks of the Luftwaffe!
Old 07-Sep-2018, 10:12   #2744
BFH
BFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond repute
Not watched yet but.. its on my list... even more so as one of the relatives of the people the film is about is a colleague of mine and has been involved in the production.

"My Grandad was part of 303 Polish Fighter Squadron which was the highest scoring squadron in the RAF during the Battle of Britain. It was made up of Polish pilots who made their way to Britain from occupied Europe to fight the Luftwaffe and defend Britain from imminent invasion in 1940.

The film is called ‘Hurricane’ and stars Iwan Rheon (Game of Thrones) and Milo Gibson (Mel Gibson’s Son – Hacksaw Ridge) and is released today in selected cinemas nationwide and online.

http://hurricanefilm.co.uk/

"

Last edited by BFH; 07-Sep-2018 at 10:15.
Old 08-Sep-2018, 00:38   #2745
Minty
T'reet Fetler!
The Happytime Murders - it was really funny, original and highly entertaining..... And then Melissa Mccarthy showed up and tanked the entire film. In fact, all of the humans ruined this film but especially her and Joel McHale. After human involvement, all the jokes start falling very very flat and it just becomes a chore to watch. They give Team America a real run for their money with the fucked up puppet sex scenes but unlike Team America, this will never be considered fondly even a year down the line. 4/10
Old 08-Sep-2018, 01:23   #2746
[n00b]Zippy
Waterborne Trailer-Trash
[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute
Even the extended Team America sex scene?
Old 09-Sep-2018, 21:56   #2747
Minty
T'reet Fetler!
If you consider:

Spoiler: highlight to read
one puppet screaming "fuck me, fuck me, fuck me" while the other one bangs faster than the eye can see, with a scene ending with puppet spunk being splattered all over the walls

to be even remotely comparable, then yes.
Old 09-Sep-2018, 23:08   #2748
[n00b]Zippy
Waterborne Trailer-Trash
Hehe. I was thinking of the TAWP one where one puppet poos on the other's face!
Old 10-Sep-2018, 09:17   #2749
BFH
That.

I saw last night.

thanks.
Old 10-Sep-2018, 16:54   #2750
Nomad
i fear no midget
Nomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond repute
that happened last night? do you know who they were in your room?

bedroom fucker harrasment
Old 10-Sep-2018, 17:30   #2751
Dave
Yea, theres a mod for that
Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond repute
Mara - Started off really well, then nose dived! Ending was woeful... 5/10

Upgrade - Was OK, nice little twist at the end. Worth a watch 6/10
 BigDavh   HeinzeFritzel   250 834 764 
Old 15-Sep-2018, 21:22   #2752
Dave
Yea, theres a mod for that
Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond repute
Sicario 2 - Easy as good as the first, really enjoyed it. 9/10
 BigDavh   HeinzeFritzel   250 834 764 
Old 16-Sep-2018, 08:08   #2753
The Big Kahuna
**** off Lester
The Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond repute
Solo - 8.5/10 - Just thoroughly enjoyable, with a nice smattering of in-jokes. Good choice for Han. As this is Disney, I fully expect a few dozen sequels and a theme park.
Old 16-Sep-2018, 16:15   #2754
BFH
And a game

god forbid
Old 17-Sep-2018, 18:41   #2755
Minty
T'reet Fetler!
The Predator - You know what? Better than expected. Certainly better than the shite that was "Predators". Unfortunately, theres too much stupid shit that brings it crashing back down to only slightly better than average. Thomas Jane is excellent. 6/10
Old 24-Sep-2018, 18:50   #2756
Minty
T'reet Fetler!
Mile 22 - I enjoyed it! There was a lot they could have done to drastically improve it. Even minor little changes could have made a huge difference to the quality of this film. So there's a bit of frustration in seeing through the mistakes they made but the film is otherwise very entertaining. Iro Uwais is fantastic as predicted, Mark Wahlberg is terrible.... As predicted. Lauren Cohan is absolutely superb. Thoroughly disappointing ending. Despite the criticisms solidly deserves a 7/10
Old 25-Sep-2018, 19:23   #2757
Minty
T'reet Fetler!
King Of Thieves - Fairly middling movie. Its entertaining enough but it could have been a lot better. Its nowhere near as funny as it should have been and some of the actors (notably Michael Caine) completely phone in their performances. Still, entertaining and a good look at what happened. 6/10
Old 03-Oct-2018, 17:32   #2758
Minty
T'reet Fetler!
Venom - After seeing a piece of news last night that Tom Hardy is unhappy with the final cut and that 41 minutes of his favourite content was cut from the film, I expected the worst. It's not THAT bad but its very much middle of the road. Pacing, tone, and narrative are all over the place. 5/10
Old 03-Oct-2018, 20:19   #2759
Hamspoons
I love lamp
Hamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond repute
Hold the Dark - 8/10

Saulnier's new film on Netflix. Sparse and very bleak, but that sparseness helps to really punctuate some of the violence that is spread throughout. Especially for one particular scene.

Covering a familiar style if you've seen Blue Ruin or Green Room, and might feel stretched at the 2hr running time, but I liked it a lot.
Old 04-Oct-2018, 08:45   #2760
blurr
fashion victim
blurr has a reputation beyond reputeblurr has a reputation beyond reputeblurr has a reputation beyond reputeblurr has a reputation beyond reputeblurr has a reputation beyond reputeblurr has a reputation beyond reputeblurr has a reputation beyond reputeblurr has a reputation beyond reputeblurr has a reputation beyond reputeblurr has a reputation beyond reputeblurr has a reputation beyond repute
Venom - 2/5

It felt like a Marvel film before Marvel films were a thing (i.e. it could have easily slotted in with the Toby Maguire Spider-Man). Shame, as it had a pretty strong cast.

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Films

Tags
condensed argument thread, devs cheats, goosecunt0r, mintydownloadsnothing!, separate thread ocd, wtfdoesmintyknow?