trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Military

Old 24-Jul-2018, 16:05   #1
Eja Cool8
Enema of the people
Eja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond repute
Post The: "New British combat aircraft? WTF?" thread

Oh, you can just smell the taint of Brexit about this one. Fair enough, it's something that many people, me included, might have sort-of-half-wished-for, just out of curiosity, to see if we could come up with something a little more advanced than a biplane (you never know, after all. Someone might raise the Bismarck).

So. Will it be entirely British..or not? Seems like the French & Germans would really prefer to do their own thing. If we let the Americans in on the deal in any big way, they would only demand control of the project, and most of the manufacturing to boot. Boeing have already put feelers out in that respect. I'm referring to the design of the aircraft itself, of course, rather than any bits that get screwed onto the platform, for which there will no doubt be several different contributors, including Rolls (naturally), and Leonardo.

So, SAAB then? Some clever and capable people there. The Japanese are also in the market for a next-gen fighter-bomber. Lockheed Martin have proposed some sort of F-35/F-22 hybrid, but projected costs for that are spiralling as I type this. Probably.

One thing is certain; HM Govt., if they want this to become a reality, are most definitely going to have to go to the Magic Money Tree again, because with a national debt £600-odd billion higher than when Osborne began his austerity programme in 2010, it ain't coming out of the tea kitty....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44848294

http://www.janes.com/article/81884/f...russian-threat

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...orough-airshow

https://www.economist.com/britain/20...n-fighter-jets

https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/uk-u...alled-tempest/

Steve Fainaru: "Big Boy Rules"

"Every man and woman should play the noblest games and be of another mind from what they are at present."

Plato
 Ecch!   away foul box!   You must be kidding! 
Old 24-Jul-2018, 16:21   #2
Wilco
will post for food
Wilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond repute
Connected, Flexible, Upgradeable, Affordable,

Pick one.
Originally Posted by Big Brother Idiot #164
I'm not saying I'm shallow or anything, but I wouldn't bother talking to an ugly person
Old 24-Jul-2018, 16:26   #3
Eja Cool8
Enema of the people
Eja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

The energy weapons. Don't forget the Phasers.

Steve Fainaru: "Big Boy Rules"

"Every man and woman should play the noblest games and be of another mind from what they are at present."

Plato
 Ecch!   away foul box!   You must be kidding! 
Old 24-Jul-2018, 18:21   #4
EvilGrin
my other forum is full
EvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond repute
I thought we were going to make Spitfires again? More Brexit lies.

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Military