trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > General > Discussion

Old 25-Mar-2007, 03:15   #1
Matt
if thread.newpost then postreply();
Matt has a reputation beyond reputeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeMatt has a reputation beyond repute
<rant> The police are charlie uniform november tangos

Ok,

So about 6 of us (girls and guys) call for a cab at about 11:30 to pick us up outside the pub. We all pile in - obviously cabie wont take more than 4 as he was a normal cab, not a big cab that we booked for.

Fair enough the guy said no so we get out and walk to cab rank about 10 mins down the road. We get there and 3 paddy wagons and a squad car turn up, cab controller turns up and says "it was them!"

Apparently we "kicked the crap out of the cab" when he said no, despite the cab not having any damage whatsoever to it, the police continue to question us and warn that we might get arrested for - non-existent - criminal damage.

I stand my ground in front of about 6 officers asking what the "flip" their problem is with me when the cabbie is the one clearly wasting police time (considering that there is zero damage at all to the cab and we are at the cab rank trying to get two cabs home instead), when they told me I had "better go home if I know what was good for me".

Suffice to say I stood there for 30 mins on the public highway about 2cm in front of cab office door whilst the cunts watched me.

Pissed me of big style. We get hassled by a load of cunts whilst some immigrant cunt wastes time by claiming we damaged his car - which was proven to be a lie - and he gets off scot free?! what the fuck is going on?!

</rant>
Old 25-Mar-2007, 03:41   #2
Nor
post haste
Nor has a reputation beyond reputeNor has a reputation beyond reputeNor has a reputation beyond reputeNor has a reputation beyond reputeNor has a reputation beyond reputeNor has a reputation beyond reputeNor has a reputation beyond reputeNor has a reputation beyond reputeNor has a reputation beyond reputeNor has a reputation beyond reputeNor has a reputation beyond repute
Why did the guy pretend his cab was damaged? Seems a totally nuts thing to do when you didn't do anything. Was he a mental case?
Old 25-Mar-2007, 04:37   #3
D33
teh fux?
D33 has a reputation beyond reputeD33 has a reputation beyond reputeD33 has a reputation beyond reputeD33 has a reputation beyond reputeD33 has a reputation beyond reputeD33 has a reputation beyond reputeD33 has a reputation beyond reputeD33 has a reputation beyond reputeD33 has a reputation beyond reputeD33 has a reputation beyond reputeD33 has a reputation beyond repute
Two sides to any story. Obviously something happened. Maybe the cab driver didn't like their attitudes so pulled a stunt?

Should have asked for badge numbers.
They can't refuse to give them.
Send a message via ICQ to D33 Send a message via MSN to D33
Old 25-Mar-2007, 09:03   #4
maRto
topicophiliac
maRto has a reputation beyond reputemaRto has a reputation beyond reputemaRto has a reputation beyond reputemaRto has a reputation beyond reputemaRto has a reputation beyond reputemaRto has a reputation beyond reputemaRto has a reputation beyond reputemaRto has a reputation beyond reputemaRto has a reputation beyond reputemaRto has a reputation beyond reputemaRto has a reputation beyond repute
holly crap that post has more swearing and boy-ish pissed off talk than one of my own posts!
Old 25-Mar-2007, 09:11   #5
Q-Target
AKA QuebecTango
Q-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond repute
Edited the thread title...slightly. It adds a hint of funny while retaining the point and keeping the word "cunts" off the thread title listing.

It is perhaps a little ironic that the cabbie is likely to be part of one of "those" extended families that quite happily travel about with 6-7 people in a 4-5 seater car. A girl I went to Uni with would steal the floor mats if she wasn't happy with the cabbie in question.

Soooooo...people don't generally call the police without at least a semblance of a reason. Which of your mates kicked the cab door closed in anger then?
Old 25-Mar-2007, 09:37   #6
andy
aka milk!
andy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond repute
You missed a Sierra, grammar kid.
Old 25-Mar-2007, 09:49   #7
Q-Target
AKA QuebecTango
Q-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond repute
It's on the end of the tango...I pluralised it.
Old 25-Mar-2007, 09:52   #8
andy
aka milk!
andy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond repute
I know, but it's still incorrect!
Old 25-Mar-2007, 09:57   #9
NWA
Fish Schnapps
NWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond repute
It would sound stupid calling a group a singular so I'm with Q-Target, pluralising tango was the way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryBaby
If Rooney kicks a ball at the World Cup then I will eat my underpants
Send a message via ICQ to NWA Send a message via MSN to NWA
Old 25-Mar-2007, 10:01   #10
andy
aka milk!
Oh god, a jest has turned into a serious discussion. No more!

But to end it with last word syndrome: You aren't calling a group a singular, you're spelling a plural!
Old 25-Mar-2007, 10:06   #11
Matt
Matt has a reputation beyond reputeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeMatt has a reputation beyond repute
Hmm dont even remember writing that post

They are still bastards though. There was no damage at all to the cab. Still slightly pissed off.
Old 25-Mar-2007, 11:01   #12
The Scientist
skulker
The Scientist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Scientist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Scientist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Scientist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Scientist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Scientist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Scientist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Scientist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Scientist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Scientist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Scientist has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by D33
Should have asked for badge numbers.
They can't refuse to give them.
The best plan is to keep quiet and polite and laugh about it in the pub an hour later....
Asking for badge numbers is a sure way to wind up someone who can easily make 24 hours of your life a misery and turn a molehill into a mountain.

www.flosseh.co.uk
 2370 0244 7274 7748 
Old 25-Mar-2007, 11:04   #13
Q-Target
AKA QuebecTango
You at least get a free room for the night and perhaps some breakfast though.
Old 25-Mar-2007, 11:06   #14
The Scientist
skulker
The Scientist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Scientist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Scientist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Scientist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Scientist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Scientist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Scientist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Scientist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Scientist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Scientist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Scientist has a reputation beyond repute
Free ciggys too, if you smoke.

www.flosseh.co.uk
 2370 0244 7274 7748 
Old 25-Mar-2007, 11:38   #15
Neutron
MILF Molester
Neutron has a reputation beyond reputeNeutron has a reputation beyond reputeNeutron has a reputation beyond reputeNeutron has a reputation beyond reputeNeutron has a reputation beyond reputeNeutron has a reputation beyond reputeNeutron has a reputation beyond reputeNeutron has a reputation beyond reputeNeutron has a reputation beyond reputeNeutron has a reputation beyond reputeNeutron has a reputation beyond repute
I asked a pig and he said it was tangos.
Old 25-Mar-2007, 11:40   #16
D33
teh fux?
D33 has a reputation beyond reputeD33 has a reputation beyond reputeD33 has a reputation beyond reputeD33 has a reputation beyond reputeD33 has a reputation beyond reputeD33 has a reputation beyond reputeD33 has a reputation beyond reputeD33 has a reputation beyond reputeD33 has a reputation beyond reputeD33 has a reputation beyond reputeD33 has a reputation beyond repute
According to the Police Forum I visit on occasion the Police suggest asking for badge numbers if you feel annoyed with the situation. This is due to people asking for names instead and Police refusing to give out such information, leaving certain members of the public thinking the Police Officer is "above ze loare".

Any officer prepared to stalk a member of the public out of spite shouldn't be in the Police Force.
Old 25-Mar-2007, 11:44   #17
BBW
Contains flashing images.
Tournaments Won: 1
BBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond repute
So the cabbie calls the police, you stand there calling them all the cunts, they tell you to get off home and they are out of order?

I dislike the police in general but in this case they did nothing wrong imo.

The cabbie called them, they attended.
Old 25-Mar-2007, 11:56   #18
Blunteh
Return of the Colander
Blunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond repute
Hmmm I disagree BBW. Assuming Matt's story's kosher, the police should really have apologised for wasting his time and ticked off the cabbie.

Although I bet cabbies are very usefull to the plod in information gathering so maybe they had a good reason for keeping the cabbie community sweat. There's always a bigger picture.

Anyway... watch out for CCTV of Matt on "UK Binge Drinking Shocker" on Living TV or Bravo anytime soon !
Old 25-Mar-2007, 12:55   #19
jimbobaggies
BOING BOING!
jimbobaggies has a reputation beyond reputejimbobaggies has a reputation beyond reputejimbobaggies has a reputation beyond reputejimbobaggies has a reputation beyond reputejimbobaggies has a reputation beyond reputejimbobaggies has a reputation beyond reputejimbobaggies has a reputation beyond reputejimbobaggies has a reputation beyond reputejimbobaggies has a reputation beyond reputejimbobaggies has a reputation beyond reputejimbobaggies has a reputation beyond repute
I actually agree with BBW.... the police have to attend the call, and on arrival are confronted with half a dozen drunk people.

Did you tell the cab firm there were 6 of you to pick up? I see you say you did, but 11.30 at night, somebody phones a cab from a pub and forgets to mention that there is more than four of you, I can understand why they would be annoyed having wasted their time coming to pick up from a pub late at night when they could have been carrying a genuine fair to make money!

Last edited by jimbobaggies; 25-Mar-2007 at 12:57.
Send a message via ICQ to jimbobaggies Send a message via MSN to jimbobaggies Send a message via Yahoo to jimbobaggies
Old 25-Mar-2007, 12:56   #20
Brocken
Bit lost
Brocken has a reputation beyond reputeBrocken has a reputation beyond reputeBrocken has a reputation beyond reputeBrocken has a reputation beyond reputeBrocken has a reputation beyond reputeBrocken has a reputation beyond reputeBrocken has a reputation beyond reputeBrocken has a reputation beyond reputeBrocken has a reputation beyond reputeBrocken has a reputation beyond reputeBrocken has a reputation beyond repute
You tried to get 6 people into a 4 seater you idiot O_o
Old 25-Mar-2007, 12:56   #21
Blunteh
Return of the Colander
Blunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond repute
Calling the police as you're annoyed at someone is wasting police time.
Old 25-Mar-2007, 12:58   #22
jimbobaggies
BOING BOING!
jimbobaggies has a reputation beyond reputejimbobaggies has a reputation beyond reputejimbobaggies has a reputation beyond reputejimbobaggies has a reputation beyond reputejimbobaggies has a reputation beyond reputejimbobaggies has a reputation beyond reputejimbobaggies has a reputation beyond reputejimbobaggies has a reputation beyond reputejimbobaggies has a reputation beyond reputejimbobaggies has a reputation beyond reputejimbobaggies has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunteh
Calling the police as you're annoyed at someone is wasting police time.
It is, but they don't know that until they have attended and spoken to all parties involved, one of which are drunk and abusive....
Old 25-Mar-2007, 13:04   #23
BBW
BBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond repute
Agreed. The person at fault is the cab driver not the 50.
Old 25-Mar-2007, 13:11   #24
Matt
I certainly wasn't abusive, not sure about my friends but severely doubt it.

The point is they had all those resources there wasting time over some bullshit complaint. Fair enough they have to attend but when they discover that the cab has zero damage and the people who allegedly caused the damage are waiting peacefully for 2 other cabs, they should have just left it instead of spending ages questioning and threatening people with arrest.
Old 25-Mar-2007, 13:16   #25
BBW
Quote:
I stand my ground in front of about 6 officers asking what the "flip" their problem is with me
So, when you say "flip" you mean "flip" or "fuck"? There's a marked difference when you are talking to the police, you see.
Old 25-Mar-2007, 13:16   #26
jimbobaggies
BOING BOING!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
I certainly wasn't abusive, not sure about my friends but severely doubt it.
Maybe confrontational would be a better word.
Old 25-Mar-2007, 18:30   #27
Matt
hmm confrontational is getting closer - indignant might be more accurate perhaps

the "what the flip" thing was just an expression - I didn't really stand there and go "what the fuck/flip/whatever is your problem?" - its "flip" to show I was polite
Old 25-Mar-2007, 18:37   #28
burundi
WARNING: May contain nuts
burundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond repute
My mate got banged up and a charge of D&D for calling the snatch squad (team in a black maria who dive into the drunken melee's and drag the worst out) a bunch of corrupt fuckers as it appeared they were getting free stuff from the take-away he was in after a night out.

You got off lucky Matt. They had to attend, no doubt one of your party did something for the cabbie to consider calling them, the fact they couldn't be arsed with him or your party was in your favour, at least they didn't drag you into their love bus and give you a good kicking like my mate got.
 Geldrey 
Old 25-Mar-2007, 20:04   #29
MaNiC^
off topic
Tournaments Won: 5
MaNiC^ has a reputation beyond reputeMaNiC^ has a reputation beyond reputeMaNiC^ has a reputation beyond reputeMaNiC^ has a reputation beyond reputeMaNiC^ has a reputation beyond reputeMaNiC^ has a reputation beyond reputeMaNiC^ has a reputation beyond reputeMaNiC^ has a reputation beyond reputeMaNiC^ has a reputation beyond reputeMaNiC^ has a reputation beyond reputeMaNiC^ has a reputation beyond repute
powermad wankers most of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamey
We had a fight and Kirk won. He beat me to a pulp and I cried... I cried like a little bitch because I'm so gay.
Quote:
You call that breaking my spine?! You red team ladies wouldn't know how to break a spi *snap* *crash* ARGH MY SPINE!!!
Send a message via MSN to MaNiC^  Insomnikal 
Old 25-Mar-2007, 20:05   #30
D33
teh fux?
Few bad cops spoil it for everyone else :/

I'm a police loving whore but I still witnessed a cop being a complete asshole to my sister. He was a dick :/

Go Back   trickery.net > General > Discussion