trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > General > Discussion

Old 09-Feb-2018, 16:18   #3001
[n00b]Zippy
Waterborne Trailer-Trash
[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute
Just tried it, this is on the built-in browser and it's the same. Most of my rep has comments so I thought it was just me.
Old 09-Feb-2018, 17:09   #3002
cunning-stunt
Falling to bits.
cunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by [n00b]Zippy View Post
The popup boxes for both rep and search on Trickery both disappear when I try entering any text into them. I assume the windows lose focus when the screen keyboard comes up and just disappear before I can type anything. This is Chrome on Android 7. Anyone else seen this?
Sure I've posted this before, but on Android, on the rep button, hold you finger on it, when the box pops up, click on open in new tab, then you can type what you want and add rep.

This doesn't work for search The way I get round this is, type what you want to search for, say in google search. Copy or cut it. When you hold search on trickery and the box pops up, hold you finger on it till it says paste, once you paste in to the box you can search as normal. It only disappears when you try and type in it
cunning-stunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-Feb-2018, 18:24   #3003
[n00b]Zippy
Waterborne Trailer-Trash
[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute
I'd worked the search one out, but thanks for the rep one!
Old 09-Feb-2018, 20:19   #3004
cunning-stunt
Falling to bits.
cunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by [n00b]Zippy View Post
I'd worked the search one out, but thanks for the rep one!
You must be getting old Zip. I posted this less than twelve months ago, read the top two posts. And you gave rep as well.

http://www.trickery.net/vb/showthrea...t=64514&page=2
cunning-stunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-Feb-2018, 23:13   #3005
[n00b]Zippy
Waterborne Trailer-Trash
Oops
Old 10-Feb-2018, 11:24   #3006
burundi
WARNING: May contain nuts
burundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond repute
I want to setup a laptop for child No1 to do some voice and instrument recording, got her a dynamic mic and a cable to connect to the PC but then realised she will also want to record the piano or guitar as well, probably as a separate track/channel in whatever software she is going to use, typically laptops only have 1 input and they are usually a bit crap.

I'm looking for a USB device that will present multiple input channels to Windows so each input can be recorded as a separate track/channel and she can then mix and produce as she wishes.

Can anyone recommend such a device, what I've found so far on Amazon suggests they are mic and device mixers that feed one single input to the PC via USB.
Old 10-Feb-2018, 16:39   #3007
The Big Kahuna
Younger than Ethel
The Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond repute
Something like a Focusrite 2i4 or similar , which will then let you use a 48v condenser mic like a Behringer C1. Software wise, you'll want to be looking at Reaper as your DAW.
Old 10-Feb-2018, 17:03   #3008
The Big Kahuna
Younger than Ethel
The Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond repute
The Focusrite studio bundles are good value for money.

https://www.andertons.co.uk/recordin...ce:&pageSize:&

You'll probably also want to look into a shock mount and pop filter for the microphone.

Presonus also do one, but I like the preamps in Focusrite gear. I use a Focusrite Saffire 6 for my guitar>PC and also as my sound card. I can mix headphones and audio out to speakers without fucking around with cables.
Old 10-Feb-2018, 17:04   #3009
The Big Kahuna
Younger than Ethel
You could also get the bits seperately on Gumtree. Myself or Harry P (I'm guessing) would be happy to point you in the right direction.
Old 10-Feb-2018, 17:05   #3010
The Big Kahuna
Younger than Ethel
Oh yeah, if it's electric guitar, she'll be wanting some sort of amp modelling software...I can help with that
Old 10-Feb-2018, 21:51   #3011
burundi
burundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond repute
Cheers Niq, the Focusrite Solo is on Amazon for under £100, is this more or less the same just fewer inputs? I have already bought her a Behringer dynamic mic, it seemed to be getting good reviews, is Behringer kit ok, bear in mind she will be using it in her bedroom mainly and occasionally taking it to her friends with her laptop.

The Focusrite solo is more than I wanted to pay at this point, what about this Behringer unit: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Behringer-U.../dp/B00SAV96JM

I'll look up Reaper, I've heard it mentioned elsewhere.
Old 11-Feb-2018, 00:36   #3012
[n00b]Zippy
Waterborne Trailer-Trash
Anyone got a Plex client running on Tizen on a Samsung TV? It looks like they upgraded it last week (to v3.2.2) and everything I play is rendering in 4:3.
Old 11-Feb-2018, 09:43   #3013
The Big Kahuna
Younger than Ethel
Quote:
Originally Posted by burundi View Post
Cheers Niq, the Focusrite Solo is on Amazon for under £100, is this more or less the same just fewer inputs? I have already bought her a Behringer dynamic mic, it seemed to be getting good reviews, is Behringer kit ok, bear in mind she will be using it in her bedroom mainly and occasionally taking it to her friends with her laptop.

The Focusrite solo is more than I wanted to pay at this point, what about this Behringer unit: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Behringer-U.../dp/B00SAV96JM

I'll look up Reaper, I've heard it mentioned elsewhere.
That looks fine mate, it's got pad switches and phantom power so you should be good to go. The Focusrite ASIO drivers are pretty good.
Old 11-Feb-2018, 11:35   #3014
burundi
Cheers.
Old 12-Feb-2018, 09:15   #3015
Harry Palmer
Gun nut
Harry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond repute
For DAW software, take a look at Mixcraft 8. I have the Pro version and its worth every penny, but the Home version is only £30 on Steam.

I used Cakewalk for years, but its now discontinued and recently was looking for a new DAW, I tried Reaper but couldn't get on with it, but found mixcraft 8 was very like Cakewalk.

Reminder: "Do not look into laser with remaining good eye."

Last edited by Harry Palmer; 12-Feb-2018 at 09:29.
 Lupins 

Go Back   trickery.net > General > Discussion

Tags
#handholding, birds v devs, devs > birds, devs is a cunt, goosecunt0r, handbags at dawn, issue of reading, not for devs, pramtard, thick cunt