trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > General > Discussion

Old 05-May-2004, 06:57   #1
phantom
my other post is a smiley
phantom is just really nicephantom is just really nicephantom is just really nicephantom is just really nicephantom is just really nice
Random palm reading o.O

So, there I was, monday night, sitting in a club, failing to get drunk, my friends on the dance floor when along comes this women, sits down beside me and starts talking to me.

The convo went from what fantasic hair i've got, to nails and then while we were comparing nails she took me hand, turned it over and started staring at it, after a few moments I realised that i didnt have a hypnotic hand and that infact she was reading my palm :o

Now, i've got a mystical leaning to me, sprits and stuff intrest me a great deal (no, not just vodka), however palm reading i'd never really thought about all that much, probably coz of the whole 'crazy old women at a fair' thing which seems to get linked with it.

So, i'm sitting there with her tracing lines on my hands and she starts coming out with stuff like 'do you have eye trouble? this bit here says you do' and i'm like 'errm, yeah, i'm pretty much blind in one eye' o.O Now, unless you know me and i've told you there is no way you could know this, i dont wear glasses or anything which would give it away and i dont tilt my head or anything to bring one eye into preference for viewing. Infact, she was sitting on my right hand side which is my good eye so i would have had no reason to adjust anyways

The things i can remember which she said were :
  • You've had relationshps in the past involving children
    which was correct, the last two relationship i was in before my last gf the women in question both had children already
  • Eye sight problems
    covered above
  • Addictions
    While I've not managed to get addicted to drinking or smoking I do have a bit of a thing for chocolate

I know she came out with other stuff which was spot on but those 4 stuck in my mind simply because there is no way you could tell them just from looking at me.
She also knew my starsign traits off by heart, all of which matched me as well (but i already knew that).

Needless to say its slightly spooked me out, there was no way she could have found that infomation out (my mates where drunk and they didnt know the 3 things above she got right) and i'd never seen her before that night (I've a good memory for faces).
Talk about bizzare
Anyone else had owt like that happen to 'em? and what do ya think about the above? luck? or is there something in it? (if so, then apprently against the better judgement of the world i'm going to be allowed to reproduce, hehe )
Old 05-May-2004, 09:28   #2
D-VoiD
old git
D-VoiD has disabled reputation
strange women in bars holding my hand .. hmm let me think about this. nope never happened.

I am very sceptical but some people out there do have an uncanny knack for 'seeing' these things and it has been documented as well.
Old 05-May-2004, 12:07   #3
Izzeh
flame fodder
Izzeh is on a distinguished road
Stuff like this is pretty weird, I don't totally believe in it but I believe a bit, horoscopes always seem pretty accurate for me, even taking into account the fact that they are often vague so that they will apply to as many people as possible.

One of my friends knows far too much about star signs and somehow he always uses that info to work out which girls he could have a good relationship with, he's usually right.
Old 05-May-2004, 18:15   #4
F|E|S|T
Location: Zummerzet, where thee ziders green & the grass is yellow :/ ??
F|E|S|T is on a distinguished road
Is suppose the first two couldn't be a guess but most people have addictions of some sort, if its not chocolates its alcohol etc etc..

I met a 'friend of a friend' one night who has studied all the courses in plam reading along with the phychology and stuff behind it. She did take a quick look at mine and said that I can be a complicated person, which I think I can be sometimes. She said a few other things which I can't remember but they were all fairly spot on.

I had my cards read at christmas using various different methods for this year. So far they have been right on one thing. They said:

- there would be an illness or health problem to someone v.close to me at the beginning of the year, but not to worry coz it would all turn out fine.... In january my partner had a serious health scare, but all turned out ok.

- in May I would be celebrating an achievement which is coming to an end. I finish college this month.... for good.

- they said not to worry about work problems as all will be fine and I will find work during June or July (can't remember which)..... I have been worried about work, and still am.

- there will be a marriage in September..... none anounced yet.

- a baby in November.... none appeared yet.

After the first two things looking correct it makes me wonder...
Send a message via MSN to F|E|S|T  festaaa 
Old 05-May-2004, 22:04   #5
leady
click here to reset post count
leady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond repute
come on its clearly nonsense.

If your blind in one eye I'll guarantee the average "con man mystic" will notice given that they specifically pick up things like that.

The relationship with children is so vague, but I'm guessing that you are in your late twenties / early thirties and were out alone giving you a high chance of picking up older women with baggage (bad wording I realise) or having nephews or neices.

The addition one you've just submitted to making self fulfilling.

ergo its all balls.
Old 05-May-2004, 22:05   #6
[!$$ueS]
to be deleted
[!$$ueS] is a glorious beacon of light[!$$ueS] is a glorious beacon of light[!$$ueS] is a glorious beacon of light[!$$ueS] is a glorious beacon of light[!$$ueS] is a glorious beacon of light[!$$ueS] is a glorious beacon of light
Can't say i believe in any of that kinda stuff.
I would rather starve than eat your bread...
I would rather run but I can't walk...
Guess I'll lie alone just like before...

Pearl Jam - Corduroy
Old 06-May-2004, 03:38   #7
phantom
phantom is just really nicephantom is just really nicephantom is just really nicephantom is just really nicephantom is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by leady
If your blind in one eye I'll guarantee the average "con man mystic" will notice given that they specifically pick up things like that.
While the rest could be taken that way i have to take issue with this one

Firstly, its my left eye which is bad, so if she was sitting to my left, yes it might be noticeable as at times i have to adjust my positioning to see properly.
Secondly, you honestly cant tell, the eye looks and reacts fine, my brain has just taken to ignoring it because the image is bad from it (if i force it i can regain some extra sight, but it requires effort so isnt worth it). Because this was a gradual drop off i've just slowly adjusted over time, I still have full depth perception and coordination (I played in goal for a football team for a few years and they didnt know i had dodgy eyes, heh) and i even lead with my left hand when doing things (despite being right handed). In short, unless i tell people, they dont notice.

The children thing, well i'm being vague about that myself because i cant completely remember what she said I can remember she was right about what she said however (yes, i know, my memory is odd).
I'm just coming up on 24, so your not far off on your estimate of age (although the majority of people i tell my age to are shocked as i look a couple of years younger, lack of sunlight exposure ya know ) and the night I was at is a student night, so not many old people about I'll admit, on a probability front, it is likely that children are involved somewhere for someone of my age, but it was the fact that she was so correct in what she said which made it intresting (and for the record, i have no nephews or neices).

OK, the adiction one i should have left off maybe, i just couldnt go with two
As i said, she got a lot of other things correct, and maybe if she was sober and a trainned psychologist i would concede the point, but she wasnt sober and i've got such a crafted personaire that unless you are present at one of my meltdowns you'd never know what goes on underneth the layers i wrap around myself (one of my friends who i've known since 11 commented on this, the fact that no one can read me even those who have known me a while).

If ya think its balls, well, fair play and thats your choice, i've just had enuff odd experiances in my life that I can anaylsis stuff like this and remain objective about it (science and logic are my two foundations in life).
Old 06-May-2004, 13:07   #8
leady
click here to reset post count
leady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond repute
I stand by the belief that once you start believing in tarot readings, esp you're no longer thinking rationally or objectively.

The day that a non-believer can replicate experiments that prove these effects is the day I might give it a bit of thought. Oh and paranormal researchers can shove their "experimenter effect" right up their .....
Old 06-May-2004, 13:15   #9
Ashen
Lord of the Light Skins
Ashen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond repute
Spooky I have one rule never say anything can't be true till you've seen it with your own eyes.

Quote:
I walked outside and took mother natures load to the face. You can quote me on that! - Raptor192
to Ashen [ash-en]

1.To perform an amazing act without witness.
2.To have the worst of luck when playing in groups, although having the best intentions an act occurs which usually results in multiple deaths, maimings or destruction of property.
Old 06-May-2004, 13:47   #10
Q-Target
AKA QuebecTango
Q-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashen
Spooky I have one rule never say anything can't be true till you've seen it with your own eyes.
Or eye
Old 07-May-2004, 09:24   #11
D-VoiD
old git
D-VoiD has disabled reputation
had a tarot card readign once and it so vague !

it was a freind who did it though for a laugh
Old 07-May-2004, 17:25   #12
F|E|S|T
Location: Zummerzet, where thee ziders green & the grass is yellow :/ ??
F|E|S|T is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-VoiD
had a tarot card readign once and it so vague !
Me mum had hers done a few years back by a fortune teller, and it was all very convincing until she named the exact club and day where my mum went for a drink with her friends, and where they came from. Hmmm, "small world" comes to mind on this one.

Probably a reason not to go to one in your own town.
Send a message via MSN to F|E|S|T  festaaa 

Go Back   trickery.net > General > Discussion