trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Science, Space & Technology

Old 31-Oct-2006, 00:07   #1
GunZenBomZ
off topic
GunZenBomZ has a reputation beyond reputeGunZenBomZ has a reputation beyond reputeGunZenBomZ has a reputation beyond reputeGunZenBomZ has a reputation beyond reputeGunZenBomZ has a reputation beyond reputeGunZenBomZ has a reputation beyond reputeGunZenBomZ has a reputation beyond reputeGunZenBomZ has a reputation beyond reputeGunZenBomZ has a reputation beyond reputeGunZenBomZ has a reputation beyond reputeGunZenBomZ has a reputation beyond repute
Space pictures ( End of oct 2006 )

Hopefully i'll get some compliment's & thankyou for previous comments; you can copy the picture's simply by 'right-clicking & save-as', the picture's will most likely be larger than the preview picture's here.

(i choose to display most pictures max 800-600, some maybe 1024 etc or larger if i'm overwhelmed by the quality like the mar's picture on preious thread)

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Orionid Meteors Over Turkey

Explanation: Meteors have been flowing out from the constellation Orion. This was expected, as mid-October is the time of year for the Orionids Meteor Shower. Pictured above, over a dozen meteors were caught in successively added exposures over three hours taken this past weekend from a town near Bursa, Turkey. The above image shows brilliant multiple meteor streaks that can all be connected to a single point in the sky just above the belt of Orion, called the radiant. The Orionids meteors started as sand sized bits expelled from Comet Halley during one of its trips to the inner Solar System. Comet Halley is actually responsible for two known meteor showers, the other known as the Eta Aquarids and visible every May. Next month, the Leonids Meteor Shower from Comet Tempel-Tuttle might show an even more impressive shower from some locations.

---------------------------
Follow-up shot of COMET SWAN:

Just 15 seconds. That's all the exposure time Brian Klimowski needed to photograph Comet Swan setting over the San Francisco Peaks near Flagstaff, Arizona, on Oct. 27th:

Comet Swan (C/2006 M4) is receding from Earth and no longer visible to the naked eye, but as Brian's photo shows it remains a good target for astrophotography. All you need is a digital camera, a tripod and a sky map.

Stellar Explosion Has Many Layers

A new photograph from the Spitzer Space Telescope shows how supernova remnant Cassiopeia A evolved over time. The original star contained 15 to 20 times the mass of our Sun, and was made up of concentric shells of elements. The lightest elements, like hydrogen, were in the outermost shell, while the heaviest elements sunk to the centre. The shells of exploded material match up quite well with the original layers in the star before it detonated as a supernova.

----------------------------

Nearly a Thousand Years After the Death of a Star

In 1054 A.D., Chinese astronomers recorded the temporary brightening of a star in the constellation Taurus. Nearly 1000 years later, we look in the same region and see the exploded remnants of a dead star: the Crab Nebula. This composite photograph of the Crab Nebula was made by merging images from Hubble, the Chandra X-Ray Observatory, and the Spitzer Space Telescope. It shows only a hail of high-energy particles and expanding debris cloud that once was a massive star.

Trifid trio

"This composite image compares the well-known, visible-light picture [center] of the Trifid Nebula with infrared views from NASA's Spitzer Space Telescope. The Trifid Nebula is a giant, star-forming cloud of gas and dust located 5,400 light-years away in the constellation Sagittarius."

Porjus, Sweden Oct. 28

Another great night for auroras in Lapland, Sweden! These 2 pictures show the contrast between a calm night, and a night like tonight the 29th of October. Auroras light up the whole village and surroundings.

Another great night in Porjus, Sweden!

It's been a green month for aurora's! My favourite colour (take note's for prezzie's on me birthday schaaallggg'ss)

Bollocks i've misplaced the explanation of the colour coding of this visualization of the universe. *Just noticed the index on the photo, do'h*

Shuttle shot of Aurora

Few old moon picture's before hubble..

===========

Sometime's dreams are wiser than waking.

I dare do all that may become a man. Who dare's more is none.

Last edited by GunZenBomZ; 31-Oct-2006 at 00:25.
Old 31-Oct-2006, 00:26   #2
BBW
Contains flashing images.
Tournaments Won: 1
BBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond repute
We can google for shit like this if we so desire.
Old 31-Oct-2006, 00:34   #3
Majestic
Nacho Nacho Man
Majestic has a reputation beyond reputeMajestic has a reputation beyond reputeMajestic has a reputation beyond reputeMajestic has a reputation beyond reputeMajestic has a reputation beyond reputeMajestic has a reputation beyond reputeMajestic has a reputation beyond reputeMajestic has a reputation beyond reputeMajestic has a reputation beyond reputeMajestic has a reputation beyond reputeMajestic has a reputation beyond repute
And your point is?

Nice pics Gunz.
A return to first principles in a republic is sometimes caused by the simple virtues of one man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example.
Send a message via MSN to Majestic  SavoRFC 
Old 31-Oct-2006, 00:54   #4
BBW
Contains flashing images.
Tournaments Won: 1
BBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond repute
I have no point, much like those pictures.
Old 31-Oct-2006, 00:57   #5
Majestic
Nacho Nacho Man
Majestic has a reputation beyond reputeMajestic has a reputation beyond reputeMajestic has a reputation beyond reputeMajestic has a reputation beyond reputeMajestic has a reputation beyond reputeMajestic has a reputation beyond reputeMajestic has a reputation beyond reputeMajestic has a reputation beyond reputeMajestic has a reputation beyond reputeMajestic has a reputation beyond reputeMajestic has a reputation beyond repute
They are astronomy pictures in a forum related with astronomy viewed by a majority of people with an interest in astronomy.

So, what was your fucking point again?
A return to first principles in a republic is sometimes caused by the simple virtues of one man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example.
Old 31-Oct-2006, 01:00   #6
Jamey
The swagger of a cripple
Jamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond repute
It's not so much a point as a special purpose in life, namely to "cunt up the internet."
Old 31-Oct-2006, 01:01   #7
munk
chaet!
munk has a reputation beyond reputemunk has a reputation beyond reputemunk has a reputation beyond reputemunk has a reputation beyond reputemunk has a reputation beyond reputemunk has a reputation beyond reputemunk has a reputation beyond reputemunk has a reputation beyond reputemunk has a reputation beyond reputemunk has a reputation beyond reputemunk has a reputation beyond repute
nice pics.
Old 31-Oct-2006, 01:05   #8
Laz
******** Solitaire Champ
Laz has a reputation beyond reputeLaz has a reputation beyond reputeLaz has a reputation beyond reputeLaz has a reputation beyond reputeLaz has a reputation beyond reputeLaz has a reputation beyond reputeLaz has a reputation beyond reputeLaz has a reputation beyond reputeLaz has a reputation beyond reputeLaz has a reputation beyond reputeLaz has a reputation beyond repute
bless bbw, he does try doesn't he

"Your alarm clock goes off. You're at home, alone, lieing in the vapid half light of your stale, airless bedroom.

You stumble to your computer and open the cherished picture of Sarah.

You have a wank."
Send a message via AIM to Laz Send a message via Yahoo to Laz  lividghostmut 
Old 31-Oct-2006, 01:10   #9
Majestic
Nacho Nacho Man
Meteor showers rock. Once took the dog out around 5am up to a nature park near where I live to watch the Leonids a couple of years ago. It was to be the most prominant display for around 80 years or some shit.

Was absolutely amazing. It was even better that I was pissed so I cheated by seeing about four times as much as there really was
Old 02-Nov-2006, 11:51   #10
[n00b]Zippy
Waterborne Trailer-Trash
[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute
Quality pics - keep them coming!
Old 02-Nov-2006, 12:08   #11
Jamey
The swagger of a cripple
Jamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond repute
I reckon you should start an astroblog.

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Science, Space & Technology