trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Current Affairs

Old 06-Aug-2015, 23:40   #31
andy
aka milk!
andy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond repute
I wholeheartedly approve of this Corbyn mania. Long may it continue
Old 17-Aug-2015, 12:48   #32
cunning-stunt
Falling to bits.
cunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond repute
Got a letter this morning saying my ballot paper will be through in the next couple of days, and I was going to vote for Andy Burnham. But all the shit that's been going on with Blair, Brown and Mandleson, I'm going to vote for Corbyn.
cunning-stunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-Aug-2015, 14:02   #33
Eja Cool8
Enema of the people
Eja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cunning-stunt View Post
Got a letter this morning saying my ballot paper will be through in the next couple of days, and I was going to vote for Andy Burnham. But all the shit that's been going on with Blair, Brown and Mandleson, I'm going to vote for Corbyn.

If it makes you feel better, by all means. But you'll be shunting Labour into a sideline. Just like the Foot and Kinnock eras.

Steve Fainaru: "Big Boy Rules"

"Every man and woman should play the noblest games and be of another mind from what they are at present."

Plato
 Ecch!   away foul box!   You must be kidding! 
Old 17-Aug-2015, 14:10   #34
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
That'd be a shame because they really look like they're enjoying the mainline at the moment.
Old 17-Aug-2015, 14:10   #35
Harry Palmer
Gun nut
Harry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond repute
^^yup (Eja's post), I remember them too... Corbyn is a REALLY bad idea.

Reminder: "Do not look into laser with remaining good eye."
 Lupins 
Old 17-Aug-2015, 15:13   #36
Eja Cool8
Enema of the people
Eja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond repute
I still say that the best Labour PM that the country never had was this man;

Had he lived, I don't think Blair or Brown would have got the top job.

Steve Fainaru: "Big Boy Rules"

"Every man and woman should play the noblest games and be of another mind from what they are at present."

Plato

Last edited by Eja Cool8; 17-Aug-2015 at 15:15.
 Ecch!   away foul box!   You must be kidding! 
Old 18-Aug-2015, 12:19   #37
stepper
post haste
stepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond repute
I'd love Corbyn to get the job, just to watch Labour struggle under his leadership.
"I'm not getting out of bed until I get fucked!" - Marcus Antonius, 31 BC
Old 18-Aug-2015, 20:00   #38
wooly-back-jack
Tactical Hider
wooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond repute
I'd love him to get the job, but I don't think Labour would struggle with him.
People are bored of the samey-safe-middle-all-the-same-wankers saying "CHANGE" in all of their speeches and are bored of them.
Blairites fucked Labour (and yes John Smith was ace), Labour needs to build from the ground up again and start winning their own votes instead of being a LabLibTorMyLittlePony party trying to pinch votes from other Parties because alot of the country just can't be arsed/ lost the faith/ full of apathy.

Last edited by wooly-back-jack; 18-Aug-2015 at 20:03.
Send a message via MSN to wooly-back-jack
Old 18-Aug-2015, 20:16   #39
cunning-stunt
Falling to bits.
cunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by wooly-back-jack View Post
People are bored of the samey-safe-middle-all-the-same-wankers saying "CHANGE" in all of their speeches and are bored of them.
Blairites fucked Labour (and yes John Smith was ace), Labour needs to build from the ground up again and start winning their own votes instead of being a LabLibTorMyLittlePony party trying to pinch votes from other Parties because alot of the country just can't be arsed/ lost the faith/ full of apathy.
cunning-stunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-Aug-2015, 21:59   #40
Orange
please find me real friends
Orange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond repute
Fucking Blair and his election winning ways.
Old 18-Aug-2015, 23:44   #41
stepper
post haste
stepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by wooly-back-jack View Post
Blair saved Labour and gave us a government, that at the time, did a pretty good job. Sadly, all he will be remembered for was Iraq and the shit that followed.

Corbyn will take Labour, and this country, back into the stone age should he ever get in power.
Old 18-Aug-2015, 23:46   #42
wooly-back-jack
Tactical Hider
wooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange View Post
Fucking Blair and his election winning ways.
https://youtu.be/_U1okAOYhVs

that won Blair the election, nothing else
Send a message via MSN to wooly-back-jack
Old 19-Aug-2015, 00:29   #43
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepper View Post
Sadly, all he will be remembered for was Iraq and the shit that followed.
What is remotely sad about that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepper View Post
Corbyn will take Labour, and this country, back into the stone age should he ever get in power.
The stone age you say.
Old 19-Aug-2015, 06:28   #44
stepper
post haste
Withdrawal from the EU and NATO, re-opening coal pits.. really progressive politics right there.
Old 19-Aug-2015, 10:23   #45
Inertiaman
Gj swapping bollocks hyperbole for pledges that someone else invented for him.

Frankly it's not like he's short of actual pie in the sky bollocks to critique.
Old 19-Aug-2015, 10:35   #46
Orange
Orange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond repute
I dunno, I think the NATO withdrawal and possible reopening of coal mines are things that he's advocated in the last month. It's hard to know where to begin with him though, it's a litany of economic and political nonsense.
Old 19-Aug-2015, 10:38   #47
Ferg
Default Title Here
Ferg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond repute
I'm just sick of career politicians and union men generally. What makes them qualified to lead a country?

Imagine a recruiter, tasked with finding a PM, reading a two page CV from the main current crop of politicians. They'd all go straight in the bin.
Old 19-Aug-2015, 10:50   #48
Orange
Yep, although I'm not sure the CV's of many world leaders jump out as obvious candidates either.
Old 19-Aug-2015, 10:52   #49
Inertiaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange View Post
I dunno, I think the NATO withdrawal and possible reopening of coal mines are things that he's advocated in the last month. It's hard to know where to begin with him though, it's a litany of economic and political nonsense.
Possible reopening of a specific low reach coal mine or two in Wales contingent on a self-confessedly theoretical rise in coal prices during a broader conversation in the round with journalists about national energy needs. Long way from an election pledge isn't it? It's a conversation.

Nato - overlooking the fact that any talk of leaving on JC's part is archaeology not journalism I don't disagree with most of his officially documented position. You can revisit all of Corbyn's Parliamentary questions around NATO and just about all of them relate to the avoidance of apparent NATO expansion and buildup of troops into and adjoining sovereign territory with Ukraine being a recent and very decent example. On that note I absolutely agree. I've never had any sympathy for the utter lack of self-awareness that leads a country to quite assuredly wage an illegal invasion of someone else's country (which we're still in) and prop up unrest in more (which we're also still in) yet will wet it's frilly fucking knickers when Putin jogs some troops up and down 20 miles over his own border.

The right have done a marvellous job of polarising and hyperbolising this internal election. It's not accidental. If anyone intends to continue forming their own opinions based on page 2 of the metro then they should bear in mind who owns it.
Old 19-Aug-2015, 11:28   #50
Orange
You clearly know a lot more about Corbyn and his positions than I do, I was just responding to this article of Saturday that I think was written by him: http://stopwar.org.uk/news/iraq-cris...remy-corbyn-mp

I'm surely doing his thoughts an injustice, but it reads like "I don't agree with NATO led wars and the UK shouldn't be a part of it", which he's perfectly entitled to argue for, but I do think it's fair to take away from that article that he wants us to leave NATO. Agree very much with your lack of self awareness.

On coal, it was more of a throwaway line of the sort politicians have long been letting slip to attract particular constituencies. If he doesn't really believe it's possible (correctly...) then so be it, but in a world of $3 gas there's very little prospect of coal prices being anywhere near economic in the next ten years.
Old 19-Aug-2015, 11:41   #51
Inertiaman
You can come away from that article with "we should leave NATO" like someone else can come away from an interview about not making fossil fuels a part of energy policy with "reopen coal mines".

I don't know much. I don't even care who leads Labour. But, it's not hard to conduct even a tiny bit of diligence on the recent spate of hooting bullshit about Corbyn and find out that it's broadly wilful misinterpretation followed by parroting prats. NATO is the right target for criticism regarding the absolute failure of foreign policy to ensure any of it's stated aims. Or did I misread the sources of refugees involved in Cameron's European immigrant crisis?
Old 19-Aug-2015, 17:36   #52
Orange
Yeah, I re-read (or read properly) that article and some of the coal coverage and I'd agree with you that none of its particularly committal.
Old 20-Aug-2015, 17:04   #53
EvilGrin
my other forum is full
EvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond repute
Old 20-Aug-2015, 20:50   #54
Minty
T'reet Fetler!
Minty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond repute
Well I voted for him with Tom Watson as deputy. Dont regret my vote and dont believe Ive done Labour harm in doing so.

I do find the level of hysteria and doomsaying about Corbyn to be somewhat amusing at this point. You have a generally pretty down to Earth politician with sane, but ultimately (THE HORROR) left wing views and everyone wants to come out and claim he once had breakfast with Stalin whilst giving a coal miner a handjob.

In other news, Simon Danzcjuk, the Labour politician who said he would actively do everything he can to get Corbyn out if he is elected Leader, is on The Sun's payroll. Who woulda thunk it?
Old 20-Aug-2015, 21:15   #55
Chef_uk
my other forum is full
Chef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond repute
As you all know from the voting thread, I'm Labour through and through but for the life of me I just cannot see who will be the best of these guys to lead the party. Likewise I can't even say who would be the worst. At the end of the day I don't actually think it matters who leads the party based on what they stand for or how far left they lean. All that matters is we have someone who can nail Cameron's bollocks to his seat every Wednesday during PM QT. Someone who can rattle the top of the Conservatives week in week out. And someone who can communicate clearly exactly where the party stands with their own pledges.
Old 20-Aug-2015, 22:04   #56
Orange
Well you can forget Corbyn on that criteria.
Old 21-Aug-2015, 08:55   #57
[n00b]Zippy
Waterborne Trailer-Trash
[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute
And the others.
Old 21-Aug-2015, 09:33   #58
Orange
I think Burnham and Cooper can do a better job on that front.
Old 21-Aug-2015, 12:22   #59
Inertiaman
http://www.newstatesman.com/politics...-and-heres-why

Finally someone with a clue on the left starts extracting capital out of this circus.
Old 23-Aug-2015, 16:20   #60
Inertiaman
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-wish-for.html

What even the fuck is this.

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Current Affairs

Tags
corbynisaids, goosecunt0r, lolbour, orangefucksdeadpigstoo, rightwingragreaders, sh0ckslovesanapple