trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Games > Half-Life: Counter-Strike

Old 09-Jan-2004, 13:37   #1
Cam
each time i post god kills a kitten
Cam has a reputation beyond reputeCam has a reputation beyond reputeCam has a reputation beyond reputeCam has a reputation beyond reputeCam has a reputation beyond reputeCam has a reputation beyond reputeCam has a reputation beyond reputeCam has a reputation beyond reputeCam has a reputation beyond reputeCam has a reputation beyond reputeCam has a reputation beyond repute
OT: Kitten advice

hehe ok well off topic but i know u all animal lovers ,i might be getting a kitten in the next few days but since i have never had a cat before i seriously need some advice , so come on gimme cat advice!
Old 09-Jan-2004, 13:38   #2
Dogma
Like a boss.
Dogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond repute
Might wanna put hosing around your electrical wires.
They scratch like mad!
 LAV3R__   LAV3R 
Old 09-Jan-2004, 13:43   #3
Barber
pro poster
Barber has a reputation beyond reputeBarber has a reputation beyond reputeBarber has a reputation beyond reputeBarber has a reputation beyond reputeBarber has a reputation beyond reputeBarber has a reputation beyond reputeBarber has a reputation beyond reputeBarber has a reputation beyond reputeBarber has a reputation beyond reputeBarber has a reputation beyond reputeBarber has a reputation beyond repute
Taking your local vet out for a drink is prolly the most important part :p

you may be able to negociate prices then!
Old 09-Jan-2004, 13:48   #4
Cam
Cam has a reputation beyond reputeCam has a reputation beyond reputeCam has a reputation beyond reputeCam has a reputation beyond reputeCam has a reputation beyond reputeCam has a reputation beyond reputeCam has a reputation beyond reputeCam has a reputation beyond reputeCam has a reputation beyond reputeCam has a reputation beyond reputeCam has a reputation beyond repute
Pdsa ali for this poor unfortunate bum
Old 09-Jan-2004, 13:50   #5
Laz
******** Solitaire Champ
Laz has a reputation beyond reputeLaz has a reputation beyond reputeLaz has a reputation beyond reputeLaz has a reputation beyond reputeLaz has a reputation beyond reputeLaz has a reputation beyond reputeLaz has a reputation beyond reputeLaz has a reputation beyond reputeLaz has a reputation beyond reputeLaz has a reputation beyond reputeLaz has a reputation beyond repute
Cats are great, I have 4!

I think the main thing to is to bath them I'd say daily at first but then maybe twice a day after the first couple of months. They may be a bit against the idea at first but after you've scrubbed them up a good few times they'll be shiney as new!

And doing this isnt a good idea - bah can someone post a link to that cat fan thing on ebaums, damned bordermanager!

"Your alarm clock goes off. You're at home, alone, lieing in the vapid half light of your stale, airless bedroom.

You stumble to your computer and open the cherished picture of Sarah.

You have a wank."
Send a message via AIM to Laz Send a message via Yahoo to Laz  lividghostmut 
Old 09-Jan-2004, 13:57   #6
Cam
The kittens afaik are jsut old enough to be taken from there mother so any advice on what food,drink, cat litter etc too give/use would be extremly helpfull and how to house train it oh and when to take it to vet for its flu jab ? etc etc
Old 09-Jan-2004, 14:00   #7
DeathStart
bandwidth bill in the post
DeathStart is a name known to allDeathStart is a name known to allDeathStart is a name known to allDeathStart is a name known to allDeathStart is a name known to allDeathStart is a name known to all
Bath them?

Ours has never had a bath since we got her at 8 weeks old, cats keep themselves clean.

Of course, she's a housecat so doesn't go outside to get dirty (metro line at the back, main road at the front, dogs either side - not a good plan to let her out).

We feed her Iams (started on kitten, now she's on adult - about 18 months old now), and her coat's excellent.

Keep anything breakable out of the way, Pet Behave spray's quite useful as they can't stand the smell - we only have to grab the bottle (which has been empty for about 8 months ) and she runs a mile. A water pistol's good for getting them away from something you don't want them near (unless it's electrical).

Get him/her spayed/neutered as soon as you can, and as soon as she's old enough. Get Frontline from the vets for fleas (our was covered when we got her as the crap vet they used said you couldn't used flea treatment on pregnant cats or newborn - turns out this was total bull), you might have to use the spray at first but as soon as he/she's old enough use the drops on the neck each month, much less hassle and mess.

If the mother's litter-trained with any luck the kitten will have learned from her. Any litter's okay really, but Catsan's pretty good.

Give the vet a call about the jabs, I think it's about 12 weeks when they have their first one. Ours wasn't bothered about her jab, just sat there while she got it I think all the jabs came to about £40-ish iirc, it's been a while though, we had all of the ones you could get (FLV, meningitis and I think there was something else).

The WoW Outland Lineup: Deathstart (62) Silverside (19) Typecast (19)
XBox Live: DeathStart
 DeathStart 
Old 09-Jan-2004, 14:02   #8
[email protected]
my post count gets me dates
spl@t has a reputation beyond reputespl@t has a reputation beyond reputespl@t has a reputation beyond reputespl@t has a reputation beyond reputespl@t has a reputation beyond reputespl@t has a reputation beyond reputespl@t has a reputation beyond reputespl@t has a reputation beyond reputespl@t has a reputation beyond reputespl@t has a reputation beyond reputespl@t has a reputation beyond repute
best thing you can get is..

catnip!

can you imagine a kitten on catnip
Old 09-Jan-2004, 14:02   #9
The Scientist
skulker
The Scientist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Scientist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Scientist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Scientist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Scientist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Scientist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Scientist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Scientist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Scientist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Scientist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Scientist has a reputation beyond repute
Get clumping litter m8. You can just remove the ball of piss/poo daily and that keeps down nasty smells.

Biscuit food also (one of the total meal ones) ie IAMS or sumat like that. This is less agressive on the kidneys of the cat compared to meat. Also stops the poo smelling so much.

Cat litter igloo thing (like a cat litter tray with walls and a roof) instead of a cat litter tray is also a good idea.

Hope thats some help.

www.flosseh.co.uk
 2370 0244 7274 7748 
Old 09-Jan-2004, 14:03   #10
The Scientist
skulker
The Scientist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Scientist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Scientist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Scientist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Scientist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Scientist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Scientist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Scientist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Scientist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Scientist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Scientist has a reputation beyond repute
Is it going to be a house cat?

www.flosseh.co.uk
 2370 0244 7274 7748 
Old 09-Jan-2004, 14:04   #11
Cam
all good stuff i was expecting sci to say takes lots and lots of pictures then get a webcam
Old 09-Jan-2004, 14:05   #12
DeathStart
DeathStart is a name known to allDeathStart is a name known to allDeathStart is a name known to allDeathStart is a name known to allDeathStart is a name known to allDeathStart is a name known to all
We have one of those covered cat loos as well, keeps the smell down a little, although how so much stench comes out of something so small I'll never know.

Be prepared to have your hands scratched on a daily basis too

DeathStart 
Old 09-Jan-2004, 14:05   #13
Cam
Yeah i think ill keep her/him in , lots of good places to explore round here but way too many other cats and dogs in the backyards
Old 09-Jan-2004, 14:07   #14
The Scientist
skulker
setting catcam up atm!

www.flosseh.co.uk
 2370 0244 7274 7748 
Old 09-Jan-2004, 14:10   #15
Cam
My biggest thought is how to get her/him to use the cat litter ?
Old 09-Jan-2004, 14:13   #16
SlasheR
troll
SlasheR has disabled reputation
Cover your plant pots cos my kitten found it a great idea to take a dump in'em.
Old 09-Jan-2004, 14:14   #17
DeathStart
If the cat's not litter trained, keep an eye on him/her until the look like they're going to relieve themselves, then grab them and put them on the litter.

As I said above, if their mother's litter-trained with a bit of luck she'll have taught her kittens how to use it, so all you really need do is show the kitten where the litter is.

Let the kitten explore a room at a time if you can, and keep an eye on them while they're new to the house. Cat treats are also good for rewarding when they've done something right (used their litter for instance), but make sure that they're suitable for kittens - some aren't.

Get a scratching post, it might save your furniture (although ours hasn't helped that much, but she still uses it sometimes).

DeathStart 
Old 09-Jan-2004, 14:14   #18
The Scientist
skulker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam
My biggest thought is how to get her/him to use the cat litter ?
Leave it uncovered if you get a igloo one m8 till they get the idea to use it....

They instinctively like to dig cam m8. You will just find it knows after a couple of accidents maybe.

www.flosseh.co.uk
 2370 0244 7274 7748 
Old 09-Jan-2004, 14:19   #19
The Scientist
skulker
http://sci.ww.com/

www.flosseh.co.uk
 2370 0244 7274 7748 
Old 09-Jan-2004, 14:20   #20
Bugstomper
my post count gets me dates
Bugstomper has a reputation beyond reputeBugstomper has a reputation beyond reputeBugstomper has a reputation beyond reputeBugstomper has a reputation beyond reputeBugstomper has a reputation beyond reputeBugstomper has a reputation beyond reputeBugstomper has a reputation beyond reputeBugstomper has a reputation beyond reputeBugstomper has a reputation beyond reputeBugstomper has a reputation beyond reputeBugstomper has a reputation beyond repute
best webcam link ever.

i voted 10
Send a message via MSN to Bugstomper
Old 09-Jan-2004, 14:22   #21
The Scientist
skulker
r0x!

www.flosseh.co.uk
 2370 0244 7274 7748 
Old 09-Jan-2004, 14:25   #22
golgo 13
Anal fistulas are fun
golgo 13 has a reputation beyond reputegolgo 13 has a reputation beyond reputegolgo 13 has a reputation beyond reputegolgo 13 has a reputation beyond reputegolgo 13 has a reputation beyond reputegolgo 13 has a reputation beyond reputegolgo 13 has a reputation beyond reputegolgo 13 has a reputation beyond reputegolgo 13 has a reputation beyond reputegolgo 13 has a reputation beyond reputegolgo 13 has a reputation beyond repute
When the kitten gets a little older (I forget how many months) and you see him/her spit a tooth out don't worry just like us they they have milk teeth. I fact I did not know until both my cats were fighting and next thing I know a tooth appears with some blood.

Keep the kitten locked in the kitchen (or near the litter try at night) while they get used to using the litter because otherwise you will find little packages every where - behind the tv, walldrobe, etc.

My kitten played up he kept pissing on our bed and shitting in the waldrobe and behind the tv (where I found about 15 little packages) he had layed for me. That was it then out at night or in the kitchen. He great now and very funny and both cats are always charging around the house and fighting.

Oh yes never leave a toilet/kitchen roll on the floor overnight because in the morning all you are left with is bits of paper everywhere.

I can never understand the term house cat though, cats love/need to be outdoors (unless they are hungry, tired or it is raining/windy).

Have fun you will love it.

http://www.swlangaming.co.uk/
 postal_pat 
Old 09-Jan-2004, 14:28   #23
Cam
Thanks for all the advice makes me feel a lot more confident now any links for pet items like these litter trays ?
Old 09-Jan-2004, 14:30   #24
The Scientist
skulker
My cats 9 and h8es going outside. The RSPCA rescue centre where I got her said it was best to keep her in perm.

Suits me fine. All she does is sleep and come for cuddles every now and then. As you can see from the camera.

+ I live on the 3rd floor of a building. :actioncat!

www.flosseh.co.uk
 2370 0244 7274 7748 
Old 09-Jan-2004, 14:33   #25
golgo 13
Anal fistulas are fun
golgo 13 has a reputation beyond reputegolgo 13 has a reputation beyond reputegolgo 13 has a reputation beyond reputegolgo 13 has a reputation beyond reputegolgo 13 has a reputation beyond reputegolgo 13 has a reputation beyond reputegolgo 13 has a reputation beyond reputegolgo 13 has a reputation beyond reputegolgo 13 has a reputation beyond reputegolgo 13 has a reputation beyond reputegolgo 13 has a reputation beyond repute
Oh yea get some balls and a cloth toy mouse with catnip - great cat toys. Kittens use their claws all the time so watch out as their claws are very sharp when they try to get on your lap/climb up your body.

I don't like pets in cages so to me a house is a prison to a cat. But I can see why now - flats/main roads/railway line etc.

postal_pat 
Old 09-Jan-2004, 14:34   #26
The Scientist
skulker

I took the door off mine. She didnt like the flap.

www.flosseh.co.uk
 2370 0244 7274 7748 
Old 09-Jan-2004, 14:34   #27
Jennifer
Banned
Jennifer can only hope to improve
Has anyone seen those round cat litter trays that fit in the bowl of the toilet. They're supposed to work. Once they get used to it then you remove the tray and they still use the toilet.
Old 09-Jan-2004, 14:35   #28
The Scientist
skulker
Theres a webby somewhere that tells you how to make one of those with tinfoil and stuff. Looked tricky.

www.flosseh.co.uk
 2370 0244 7274 7748 
Old 09-Jan-2004, 14:37   #29
golgo 13
Anal fistulas are fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer
Has anyone seen those round cat litter trays that fit in the bowl of the toilet. They're supposed to work. Once they get used to it then you remove the tray and they still use the toilet.
I saw a video of that on some program - I wondered how the cat learned to do that.

postal_pat 
Old 09-Jan-2004, 14:38   #30
Jennifer
Banned
Jennifer can only hope to improve
I bet the buggers never flush the toilet. Unless the cat is female of course.

Go Back   trickery.net > Games > Half-Life: Counter-Strike