trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > General > News

Old 25-Jun-2015, 07:15   #1
Minty
T'reet Fetler!
Minty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond repute
Warner Brothers suspend PC sales of Batman: Arkham Knight

After one of the most disastrous launches of a AAA title ever, rivalled only by the likes of Assassins Creed: Unity, Warner Brothers have decided to suspend all sales of the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight. The game received unprecedented levels of condemnation after it was revealed that the game had a forced 30fps lock and was missing several graphical features, noteably ambient occlusion and a multitude of textures, resulting in the game actually looking better on the PS4 and Xbox One. Users could disable the 30fps lock, but many users were reporting that they were completely unable to run the game at a stable framerate even with low graphical settings enabled.

As a result, the user backlash has been loud and clear. The Steam store page for the game currently has a rating of "Mostly Negative" with 68% of reviews (at time of writing) being negative. Metacritic has also seen the same treatment, with the game reaching a user score of only 1.5 out of 10.

The damage to Warner Brothers and Rocksteady's reputation must have been considered severe enough that a suspension of all PC game sales was the only way to prevent further damage. It would also be hard not to imagine that the newly implemented Steam refund policy did not play a large part in this decision, with many users stating that they took advantage of the policy for this game. Likewise, Green Man Gaming are also offering refunds if the game is not fixed following the first big patch.

*Update* GMG are now honouring refund requests. Source

Source

Last edited by Minty; 25-Jun-2015 at 20:47.
Old 25-Jun-2015, 10:18   #2
Spanks
GTFOMI
Spanks has a reputation beyond reputeSpanks has a reputation beyond reputeSpanks has a reputation beyond reputeSpanks has a reputation beyond reputeSpanks has a reputation beyond reputeSpanks has a reputation beyond reputeSpanks has a reputation beyond reputeSpanks has a reputation beyond reputeSpanks has a reputation beyond reputeSpanks has a reputation beyond reputeSpanks has a reputation beyond repute
I picked this up from CDkeys.com on preorder when it was a tenner and while it plays fine (I'm one of the severe minority is seems), when you unlock the fps cap on my definitely modest machine (FX-8350 R9 270X 2GB) the game looks fucking woeful,
I cant quite understand how you would need 3gb for normal textures and then 6gb+ apparently for the higher res textures that the xone and ps4 are using
I'm usually pretty forgiving on graphics as long as the gameplay and feel is there but when batman is talking to what look to be shiny Plasticine models with smudged features it really takes you out the experience.
Oddly some of the textures look fine and on some things and terrible on others.
Old 25-Jun-2015, 10:21   #3
Chef_uk
account shared with 10 people
Chef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Still not got around to installing this yet but if all these reports are to be true I'll not bother and hope the site I used will follow GMG's excellent offering.
Old 25-Jun-2015, 13:29   #4
stepper
post haste
stepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond repute
It is an amazing game.. on Xbone, really enjoying it so far
"I'm not getting out of bed until I get fucked!" - Marcus Antonius, 31 BC
Old 25-Jun-2015, 16:57   #5
burundi
WARNING: May contain nuts
burundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond repute
+1 for Steam refunds policy then!
Old 25-Jun-2015, 20:12   #6
Kenny
topicophiliac
Kenny has a reputation beyond reputeKenny has a reputation beyond reputeKenny has a reputation beyond reputeKenny has a reputation beyond reputeKenny has a reputation beyond reputeKenny has a reputation beyond reputeKenny has a reputation beyond reputeKenny has a reputation beyond reputeKenny has a reputation beyond reputeKenny has a reputation beyond reputeKenny has a reputation beyond repute
Been watching someone stream it Stepper does look nice must admit .
 Stavros_Flatery   Stavros Flatery 
Old 25-Jun-2015, 20:46   #7
Minty
T'reet Fetler!
Minty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond repute
Green Man Gaming have now confirmed that they will be honouring refund requests from this point. Updated OP to reflect this fact.
Old 26-Jun-2015, 10:30   #8
T3CH^
Too old for this shit
T3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond repute
I'm wondering if this will teach certain devs a lesson about KNOWINGLY releasing broken games?

Probably not, but we'll see.

'Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps.........it is time to die'
 T3CHguyver 
Old 26-Jun-2015, 12:09   #9
Minty
T'reet Fetler!
This incident? Probably not.

Steam refunds? I fucking hope so.
Old 26-Jun-2015, 13:55   #10
T3CH^
Too old for this shit
T3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond repute
Well seeing as it's costing them money directly I like to think it might teach a few people a fucking lesson.

'Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps.........it is time to die'
 T3CHguyver 
Old 07-Sep-2015, 17:05   #11
Scorpius
Spilling Campion 2008
Scorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond repute
Is this available again now?
not seen anything official. But its cheap on some of the code sites
Send a message via MSN to Scorpius  g1ausbaltar 
Old 12-Sep-2015, 17:47   #12
Chef_uk
Chef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Good news - testing for the interim patch has been completed and it is now available for those who already have Batman: Arkham Knight for PC. As a reminder, below are some of the major fixes and improvements that will be addressed with this patch:

Reduced frame rate hitches
Optimizations for system memory and VRAM usage
Improved performance on all GPUs (requires the latest drivers)
More Comprehensive In-Game Settings
Fixed low resolution texture bugs
Fixed hitches when running on mechanical hard drives (HDD)

In addition to the above, we’re continuing to work on the following for future updates:
Adding support for SLI and Crossfire
Adding support for the latest DLC & Season Pass content
Adding support for additional updates such as Photo Mode
Continued improvements and bug fixing for a Windows 7 specific memory issue that occurs on configurations with 8GB of system RAM and some NVIDIA GPUs during extended game play
Continued improvements for Windows 10 specific issues on systems with some AMD GPUs

As always, we will monitor for any additional issues that come up and will provide further optimizations and bug fixes along the way.

We would like to thank everyone for their patience and invaluable feedback. We’ll provide ongoing updates here as they are made available. In the meantime, please enjoy the game with the latest patch.
Will install it and see how it is.
Old 14-Sep-2015, 10:55   #13
T3CH^
Too old for this shit
Seems some people are still experiencing issues with it post patch.

T3CHguyver 
Old 25-Sep-2015, 00:26   #14
Lima Whisky
Always watching.
Lima Whisky has disabled reputation
Works a lot better for me. Still the odd stutter now and again but I am running a gtx 660.
Send a message via ICQ to Lima Whisky
Old 24-Oct-2015, 21:35   #15
Minty
T'reet Fetler!
Re-releasing on 28th October.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/2086...10064900030355
Old 24-Oct-2015, 22:25   #16
Chef_uk
Finally installed this a couple of weeks ago and I was getting 35fps with ultra settings on my weird resolution (5016x1082) which was playable but any sort of explosion would see it drop to 15 or less.
Old 02-Nov-2015, 16:17   #17
cunning-stunt
Falling to bits.
cunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond repute
Full refunds available.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-34698643
cunning-stunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-Nov-2015, 17:08   #18
Ashen
Lord of the Light Skins
Ashen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cunning-stunt View Post
Well this a large fuck up

Quote:
I walked outside and took mother natures load to the face. You can quote me on that! - Raptor192
to Ashen [ash-en]

1.To perform an amazing act without witness.
2.To have the worst of luck when playing in groups, although having the best intentions an act occurs which usually results in multiple deaths, maimings or destruction of property.
Old 02-Nov-2015, 20:29   #19
Chef_uk
Quote:
The refund will mean that people who bought the game in stores or other places rather than via the Steam gaming service will not be able to get their money back.
Cock
Old 02-Nov-2015, 22:48   #20
Minty
T'reet Fetler!
Green Man Gaming are offering full refunds up to the end of 2015.
Old 03-Nov-2015, 13:17   #21
PsYcHoKiLLa
topic of the pops
PsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond repute
Game works fine for me, Also, apparently, they're going to give out copies of the previous games free to people who bought this. I'm only missing one DLC cos I bought the rest.

Go Back   trickery.net > General > News

Tags
goosecunt0r