trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Games Extra > Massively Multiplayer Games

Old 09-Nov-2013, 14:40   #631
RJ
will post for food
RJ has a reputation beyond reputeRJ has a reputation beyond reputeRJ has a reputation beyond reputeRJ has a reputation beyond reputeRJ has a reputation beyond reputeRJ has a reputation beyond reputeRJ has a reputation beyond reputeRJ has a reputation beyond reputeRJ has a reputation beyond reputeRJ has a reputation beyond reputeRJ has a reputation beyond repute
lasers use a lot of cap so people dont like using them as you need to be reasonably high skilled to get the most out of them

theres no single race thats good for pvp or pve and the game is designed as such.

in terms of pve each area of space has its own damage profile form the locals so each race works. down south you have sansha and blood raiders who are em weak so amarr ships rule. up north is serpentis and guristas so gallente and caldari ships rule.

a lot of people like pve with missiles though as they are easiest to use, no optimal range maneuvering etc just lock and fire. In this regard ships like the raven and tengu get widely used for PvE.

The PvP landscape is always changing subject to the mercy of each patch. Pretty much every race has had its day over the years with sniper megathrons, drake missile armys, amarr apoc pulse lasers and now its the time of the drone ship with ishtars/prophecys getting a lot of fleet time.

Generally speaking, minmatar are faster ships with decent midslots so you see them as small gang and tackle in pvp a lot. amarr are tanky heavy ships so provide damage in large engagement but have low mid slots so cant fit much in the way of ewar. caldari are midslot heavy but shield focused so they lose the slots for tank and their missile bias means the damage takes a while to actually hit the target so dont get much love these days in pvp. gallente are a middle race with a wide range of options are are currently in favor with ishtar, proteus and megathrons which is a mix of rail guns and drones.

my main character is amarr with a bit of cross train into minmatar and its caused me no problems with fighting. eventually you will find yourself cross training to each race but my advice would be to leave that to as late as possible, focus on the core skills now like engineering and the general gun skills (tracking, falloff range etc that apply to all 3 gun types) and some warp distruptor skills.
Old 11-Nov-2013, 13:45   #632
popej
topicophiliac
popej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond repute
Your Navigation skills are critical early on if you're tackling, especially the cap use skills. The electronic warfare skills that reduce disruptor, scrambler and web cap use to a lesser extent.
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe... [contemptuous laugh] Titans on fire off the shoulder of YZ-LQL. I watched tachyons (tech 2) glitter in the dark near the NOL-M9 Gate. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [small cough] tears... in... rain. Time... to die..."
 gobrun 
Old 14-Nov-2013, 21:54   #633
Dave
Yea, theres a mod for that
Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond repute
Here's my new ship of awesome atm, ripping through mission no problems.

The Destroyer was good, but a bit too paper tanky, much prefer the play style of the frig.

So far thats my load out, im 3d off being able to add T2 Pulses to it, so should see a massive difference dps when I get there.
When I do I will more than likely add some other tech 2 parts to my low slots.

Really need to relocate all my crap to Jita aswell, but thats for an afternoon when I can be bothered. It will take ages! 10 jumps each way, 9 ships (I think) plus items hanger.....
 BigDavh   HeinzeFritzel   250 834 764 
Old 14-Nov-2013, 22:00   #634
Dave
Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond repute

Thats my Destroyer so far, dps is higher and range is 10k if I remember right.

The T2 Pulses will make a massive difference to this ship
Old 14-Nov-2013, 23:19   #635
RJ
will post for food
RJ has a reputation beyond reputeRJ has a reputation beyond reputeRJ has a reputation beyond reputeRJ has a reputation beyond reputeRJ has a reputation beyond reputeRJ has a reputation beyond reputeRJ has a reputation beyond reputeRJ has a reputation beyond reputeRJ has a reputation beyond reputeRJ has a reputation beyond reputeRJ has a reputation beyond repute
you have a warp disruptor for pve ? why not something like a tracking computer or afterburner?
Old 16-Nov-2013, 10:21   #636
Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ View Post
you have a warp disruptor for pve ? why not something like a tracking computer or afterburner?
Got myself a cap regenerator, working great. Cheers

Been having a fiddle with EM this morning, after watching a few vids on YT last night, quite fancied the look of drone boats, so I put it all in, give me an idea what I need etc.

Ship & Fitting........ 88 skills planned, 130d 9h,6m of training! Thats optimized aswell!

Not quite there yet
Old 23-Nov-2013, 09:55   #637
Dave
Been tinkering with the UI, loads of stuff you need on there and not much space tbh.

Found out you can dual screen it and offset the cam so you can use both.

Working a treat
Old 28-Jan-2014, 23:24   #638
Dave
Massive fight in nullsec yesterday, just seen a screenshot. Wow!

Old 29-Jan-2014, 00:28   #639
RJ
will post for food
everything in that picture is dead
Old 29-Jan-2014, 07:23   #640
Dave
Old 29-Jan-2014, 12:40   #641
Hot Soup
click here to reset post count
Tournaments Won: 1
Hot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond repute
I don't play EVE so I don't get how it works , but from reading about the battle on PC gamer the video / screenie just looks a bit meh. Is it just because there so much stuff spamming around?

I demand a proper tactical map / analysis to make it more interesting!

Why'd you open your bong hole you smelly hippy? You'd sacrifice a beautiful woman to save a moderately attractive monkey?

Hawks of the Luftwaffe!
Hot Soup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-Jun-2014, 16:24   #642
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...ccp-white-wolf

How to lose friends and bankrupt a game. Iceland edition.
Old 05-Jun-2014, 20:09   #643
Scrobbs
Sunnyvale Supervisor
Scrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond repute
Fully expecting subs to slack off when elite comes online; and when this comes online. If they can offer the same penalty for death, it will really rip the heart out of eve. The game is starting to stagnate a little cos of the power consolidation.

Last edited by Scrobbs; 05-Jun-2014 at 21:50.
Old 06-Jun-2014, 11:28   #644
Rainy
Monkeh Feel0r
Tournaments Won: 1
Rainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014...nline-layoffs/

Ouch!
 TBM Rainy 
Old 06-Jun-2014, 14:59   #645
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
I imagine a "reemployment assistance" in Iceland currently consists of being handed a spade and a bag of corn.
Old 08-Aug-2014, 18:04   #646
Scorpius
Spilling Campion 2008
Scorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond repute
come back for a month, there's something relaxing about mining in eve nad listening to Eve radio. It helps with the stress levels
Send a message via MSN to Scorpius  g1ausbaltar 
Old 08-Aug-2014, 18:22   #647
EvilGrin
my other forum is full
EvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond repute
Me too.
Old 08-Aug-2014, 21:34   #648
Scrobbs
Sunnyvale Supervisor
Scrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond repute
Fuck mining. Come pvp in Great wildlands. Excellent corp, mature, real life first. Good bunch.
Old 09-Aug-2014, 12:04   #649
Scorpius
Spilling Campion 2008
Scorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrobbs View Post
Fuck mining. Come pvp in Great wildlands. Excellent corp, mature, real life first. Good bunch.

2 things, i have rage quit issues and im meant to be playing to relax
and they say only fly what you can afford to lose, so that would be a impailor or rifter with basic setup. In enligsh,im broke
Old 09-Aug-2014, 12:14   #650
Scrobbs
Sunnyvale Supervisor
With our SRP, ships cost effectively nothing. We have nullsec PI that you can get invovled in, a C6 WH to make isk in and obvs nullsec exploration.
Old 09-Aug-2014, 12:31   #651
Scorpius
Spilling Campion 2008
which corp are you in?
Old 09-Aug-2014, 13:23   #652
Dave
Senex Legio they are called, they are a good set of lads both eu and us.

It is very difficult tho making money out there, missions and exploration soon gets tiring. That was the only killer for me
Old 09-Aug-2014, 13:40   #653
RJ
will post for food
come say hello in pure blind, striking distance of the goon menace
Old 09-Aug-2014, 16:33   #654
EvilGrin
my other forum is full
EvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond repute
I'm 'Llisander' ingame.
Old 09-Aug-2014, 20:53   #655
Scrobbs
Sunnyvale Supervisor
In all seriousness, recruitment has just opened again. That and old enemies have just started a new campaign against us. Fun times ahead!
Old 09-Aug-2014, 22:18   #656
Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrobbs View Post
In all seriousness, recruitment has just opened again. That and old enemies have just started a new campaign against us. Fun times ahead!
Ebola?
Old 09-Aug-2014, 23:44   #657
Scrobbs
Sunnyvale Supervisor
Hash!
Old 10-Aug-2014, 00:07   #658
RJ
will post for food
http://triumvirate-alliance.com/kb/
Old 06-Jul-2015, 01:23   #659
RJ
will post for food
Standard yearly check-in

come join 'Friends of Nox' chat channel and say hello where ever you may be in the universe
Old 06-Jul-2015, 01:55   #660
Eja Cool8
Enema of the people
Eja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond repute

Steve Fainaru: "Big Boy Rules"

"Every man and woman should play the noblest games and be of another mind from what they are at present."

Plato
 Ecch!   away foul box!   You must be kidding! 

Go Back   trickery.net > Games Extra > Massively Multiplayer Games

Tags
hulk pew, no one can hear you cream