trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Current Affairs

Old 29-Jul-2014, 12:24   #1
EvilGrin
my other forum is full
EvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond repute
Ebola Outbreak in West Africa

Although only starting to get mainstream media attention in the western press there has been a steadily increasing Ebola outbreak originating from Guinea and spreading to Liberia and Sierra Leone in West Africa. There has been 1201 cases of which 672 have been fatal as of 23rd July.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-28522824

There have been containment complications due to health workers becoming fatally infected:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...virus-outbreak
http://www.samaritanspurse.org/artic...ive-for-ebola/

and attacks on aid workers by the native population:

http://www.ifrc.org/en/news-and-medi...t-africa-66215
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0PD2GH20140702
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0FV0NL20140726
Old 29-Jul-2014, 12:40   #2
Ashen
Lord of the Light Skins
Ashen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond repute
Someone get Dustin Hoffman we need him to find the monkey responsible

Quote:
I walked outside and took mother natures load to the face. You can quote me on that! - Raptor192
to Ashen [ash-en]

1.To perform an amazing act without witness.
2.To have the worst of luck when playing in groups, although having the best intentions an act occurs which usually results in multiple deaths, maimings or destruction of property.
Old 29-Jul-2014, 12:50   #3
Nomad
i fear no midget
Nomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashen View Post
Someone get Dustin Hoffman we need him to find the monkey responsible
this guy might know it's whereabouts

in other parts of the world preparations are already in hand, isis and other controlling groups prudently restricting women's travel rights, can't have those filthy bleeders walking around.

was surprised by the reports earlier in the week of the family that broke their ebola ridden daughter out of care, smacks of the lack of education in some of these countries, we may not be experts but at least here we know that if you hear of ebola in an area you don't go visit.
Old 29-Jul-2014, 13:04   #4
PsYcHoKiLLa
topic of the pops
PsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Symptoms start two days to three weeks after contracting the virus with a fever, throat and muscle pains, and headaches. There is then nausea, vomiting and diarrhea along with decreased functioning of the liver and kidneys. At this point some people begin to have problems with bleeding.
Wikipedia

Sounds like great fun.
Old 29-Jul-2014, 13:07   #5
Eja Cool8
Enema of the people
Eja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond repute
You basically spew and shite yourself inside out. It's hard to think of something worse than Bubonic Plague, but there you have it.

Steve Fainaru: "Big Boy Rules"

"Every man and woman should play the noblest games and be of another mind from what they are at present."

Plato
 Ecch!   away foul box!   You must be kidding! 
Old 29-Jul-2014, 13:23   #6
Ashen
Lord of the Light Skins
Ashen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond repute
Oh well we need a good bit of population reduction, surely we must be due a mass extinction event soon anyways?

Quote:
I walked outside and took mother natures load to the face. You can quote me on that! - Raptor192
to Ashen [ash-en]

2.To have the worst of luck when playing in groups, although having the best intentions an act occurs which usually results in multiple deaths, maimings or destruction of property.

Last edited by Ashen; 29-Jul-2014 at 13:27.
Old 29-Jul-2014, 17:16   #7
Scorpius
Spilling Campion 2008
Scorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Oh well we need a good bit of population reduction, surely we must be due a mass extinction event soon anyways?
Yes, we need to remove the surplus population of Gingers
Send a message via MSN to Scorpius  g1ausbaltar 
Old 29-Jul-2014, 17:44   #8
Minty
T'reet Fetler!
Minty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eja Cool8 View Post
You basically spew and shite yourself inside out.
Sounds like the food poisoning I had a couple of years back.
Old 29-Jul-2014, 18:26   #9
Ashen
Lord of the Light Skins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
Yes, we need to remove the surplus population of Gingers
Nah we will end up being immune to it and starting a new population

Quote:
to Ashen [ash-en]

Old 29-Jul-2014, 19:10   #10
Scorpius
Spilling Campion 2008
Scorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond repute
On the plus side I'll be dead and not have to witness gingers procreating
Send a message via MSN to Scorpius  g1ausbaltar 
Old 31-Jul-2014, 17:14   #11
EvilGrin
my other forum is full
EvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond repute
Sierra Leone declared a state of emergency and called in troops to quarantine Ebola victims

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0G00TG20140731
Old 31-Jul-2014, 19:01   #12
EvilGrin
my other forum is full
CDC issue travel advisory. Avoid Travel to Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leone.

http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/diseases/ebola
Old 31-Jul-2014, 21:51   #13
Eja Cool8
Enema of the people
Eja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond repute
Thankfully, three places I would never go unless part of an elite four-man team, with a clear extraction plan in place.

Steve Fainaru: "Big Boy Rules"

"Every man and woman should play the noblest games and be of another mind from what they are at present."

Plato
 Ecch!   away foul box!   You must be kidding! 
Old 31-Jul-2014, 22:02   #14
Nomad
i fear no midget
Nomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond repute
like a barbershop quartet? perhaps using your free bus passes

someone go ignite funkeh/france and we'll use that as a safety zone

Last edited by Nomad; 31-Jul-2014 at 22:05.
Old 31-Jul-2014, 23:12   #15
Ashen
Lord of the Light Skins

Quote:
to Ashen [ash-en]

Old 01-Aug-2014, 08:59   #16
EvilGrin
my other forum is full
Two Ebola patients are being transfered from Liberia to the US

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/0...es-109597.html

Sierra Leone road cyclist Moses Sesay spent 4 days in isolation at the Commonwealth Games over Ebola fears.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28598715
Old 01-Aug-2014, 20:30   #17
EvilGrin
my other forum is full
Obama signs Executive order to detain US citizens with Ebola.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/obama-s...nesses/5394419

WHO says Ebola is spreading 'too fast'.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-28610112
Old 01-Aug-2014, 20:41   #18
Ashen
Lord of the Light Skins
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGrin View Post
Obama signs Executive order to detain US citizens with Ebola.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/obama-s...nesses/5394419

[/url]
God I can hear the tin foil hat brigade now

Quote:
to Ashen [ash-en]

Old 01-Aug-2014, 20:49   #19
Dave
Yea, theres a mod for that
Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond repute
2319!!!!

Last edited by Dave; 01-Aug-2014 at 20:58.
 BigDavh   HeinzeFritzel   250 834 764 
Old 01-Aug-2014, 20:53   #20
Ashen
Lord of the Light Skins
your pin on the amount of chickens you ate today?

Quote:
to Ashen [ash-en]

Old 01-Aug-2014, 21:06   #21
Ashen
Lord of the Light Skins
Hopefully due to this outbreak we may see some progress on a inoculation or treatment.

Quote:
to Ashen [ash-en]

Old 01-Aug-2014, 21:09   #22
Mazzahoo
Player Hater
Mazzahoo has a reputation beyond reputeMazzahoo has a reputation beyond reputeMazzahoo has a reputation beyond reputeMazzahoo has a reputation beyond reputeMazzahoo has a reputation beyond reputeMazzahoo has a reputation beyond reputeMazzahoo has a reputation beyond reputeMazzahoo has a reputation beyond reputeMazzahoo has a reputation beyond reputeMazzahoo has a reputation beyond reputeMazzahoo has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGrin View Post
WHO says Ebola is spreading 'too fast'.
I like The Who, but i'd not trust them with test tubes
Old 02-Aug-2014, 01:46   #23
EvilGrin
my other forum is full
There is currently no cure or vaccine for Ebola.
Old 02-Aug-2014, 01:58   #24
EvilGrin
my other forum is full
Quote:
God I can hear the tin foil hat brigade now
Well yes, if you read it the way the original article spins things that's the obvious conclusion. However I don't believe the TSA (being generally staffed by minimum wage numptys) are that clued up to execute such an executive order.
Old 02-Aug-2014, 02:02   #25
EvilGrin
my other forum is full
Oh and whoever tagged this thread 'world war e' is awesome.
Old 02-Aug-2014, 09:34   #26
Ashen
Lord of the Light Skins
Yes I am

Quote:
to Ashen [ash-en]

Old 04-Aug-2014, 11:24   #27
EvilGrin
my other forum is full
Cases reported in the Philippines.

http://english.cntv.cn/2014/08/02/VI...41574888.shtml
Old 04-Aug-2014, 11:55   #28
Q-Target
AKA QuebecTango
Q-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond repute
I saw some scaremongering story earlier about some 72 year old woman who got off a plane at Gatwick from "somewhere in Africa" and promptly keeled over and died. The paper (The Star I believe) saw this as an opportunity to sensationalise the perfectly normal death of a doddery old fuck by screaming EBOLA OUTBREAK IN THE UK at the top of their red-topped voice.
Old 04-Aug-2014, 12:32   #29
EvilGrin
my other forum is full
It was the Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...rra-Leone.html
Old 04-Aug-2014, 12:50   #30
Q-Target
AKA QuebecTango
Q-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, I think if that's the response for an unlikely case, we're probably ok.

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Current Affairs

Tags
be safe - burn a ginger, world war e