trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Lifestyle

Old 01-Mar-2017, 19:39   #91
Nomad
i fear no midget
Nomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond repute
on the downside fizzy bubbles were the only thing keeping you upright

go on, slide away slim
Old 02-Mar-2017, 17:50   #92
Scorpius
Spilling Campion 2008
Scorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond repute
right question. (or two)
I've been going to the gym 3 times a week since Jan.
I've cut out all redbulls and chocolate which was my only real vice.
I Even cut down to one cola a day, not a bottle but a can.
Im even eating healthy but i have lost no weight any ideas as to why?
Send a message via MSN to Scorpius  g1ausbaltar 
Old 02-Mar-2017, 18:23   #93
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
I'll let someone else talk gym routine but I will state the obvious and say that the single Coke is still 35g of bad sugar a day that you can simply live without.

Last edited by Inertiaman; 02-Mar-2017 at 18:26. Reason: patronising image added
Old 02-Mar-2017, 18:24   #94
NWA
Fish Schnapps
NWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond repute
Without knowing your personal circumstances in more detail it isn't really possible to say. For some people it is very very easy to eat and drink more than you burn just with snacking on top of regular meals and a few beers of an evening.

Try measuring. Anything that is measured is managed. Measure calories* in (food, fizzy pop, that Starbucks cappuccino, beer, snacks - all calories) and an estimate of calories out from exercise and add 2500 for your resting metabolic calorie burn. 3500 calorie deficit = 1lb of fat gone. Don't weigh yourself too regularly, weight fluctuates for a number of reasons. The above is always true.

*Beware, if you are remotely obsessive this can become a slightly neurotic habit.

In terms of the gym, it really depends what type of exercise you are doing and to what intensity as to how effective it is for weight loss and muscle gain. You may also be gaining muscle at the same rate that you are losing adipose tissue. This is a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryBaby
If Rooney kicks a ball at the World Cup then I will eat my underpants

Last edited by NWA; 02-Mar-2017 at 18:28. Reason: more clarity
Send a message via ICQ to NWA Send a message via MSN to NWA
Old 02-Mar-2017, 19:09   #95
Minty
T'reet Fetler!
Minty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
right question. (or two)
I've been going to the gym 3 times a week since Jan.
I've cut out all redbulls and chocolate which was my only real vice.
I Even cut down to one cola a day, not a bottle but a can.
Im even eating healthy but i have lost no weight any ideas as to why?
Are you still eating carbs? Theyre ok in moderation, particularly unrefined carbs (wholemeal bread for example) but otherwise you want to cut them out almost entirely.

Last edited by Minty; 02-Mar-2017 at 19:13.
Old 02-Jun-2017, 15:38   #96
cunning-stunt
Falling to bits.
cunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cunning-stunt View Post
Like a few of you guys, I wanted to lose a couple of stone, so on October 31st I stopped all the shite (was mainly cherry Coke and choccy). I was just shy of 14st. Weighed myself this morning, and I was 12st 3lbs. Going away in July, so if I can get to 11 and a half, I'll be very happy.
I've managed to get down to 11st 5 1/2lbs. I want to get under the 11st now. The only thing I'm not happy with is I've still got a little bit of a belly, and I can't exercise. Think it may have to do with some of the medication I'm on. Any advice appreciated.
Old 15-Dec-2017, 08:33   #97
Baby Bear
don't care enough to post
Baby Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Bear has a reputation beyond repute
Mrs BB wanted to lose some weight this year for good, she's been a yo-yo dieter all her life, anyway I said I would help.

6 months on, she has lost 57 lbs and I have lost 32 lbs, gone from 16st 3 to 13 13....suits with 36" waist hang off me, she has cost me a tiny fortune in new clothes and i am having to have intimate conversations with a tailor about taking 5 suits in...

we cut out the refined carbs, increased fruit and veg upto 10 portions a day, veggie curries are the biz! and She took up running!

I never thought she would run in her life, but now she can complete 5K park runs and the occasional 10K, she runs on average 20 miles a week, getting up that extra 30 minutes earlier in the morning!

Living where we do is a struggle as its on bodmin moor with no street lights, but we do lots of trail running when we can. Less impact on the knees, fantastic!
 destriero 

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Lifestyle