trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Games > Half-Life: Counter-Strike

Old 21-Oct-2003, 01:20   #1
Architect
Hail Eris
Architect has a reputation beyond reputeArchitect has a reputation beyond reputeArchitect has a reputation beyond reputeArchitect has a reputation beyond reputeArchitect has a reputation beyond reputeArchitect has a reputation beyond reputeArchitect has a reputation beyond reputeArchitect has a reputation beyond reputeArchitect has a reputation beyond reputeArchitect has a reputation beyond reputeArchitect has a reputation beyond repute
System shock 2

Any one have a copy of this they dont want any more. My copy seems to have grown legs and done one (dont blame it really)

I saw the new mod for it and decided to give it a blast but not having a copy of it kind of ruined that plan.

(oh btw systemshock2 Rebirth/reborn is the mod

Anyone ?

Old 21-Oct-2003, 01:22   #2
DizMatt
PostPrandial
DizMatt has a reputation beyond reputeDizMatt has a reputation beyond reputeDizMatt has a reputation beyond reputeDizMatt has a reputation beyond reputeDizMatt has a reputation beyond reputeDizMatt has a reputation beyond reputeDizMatt has a reputation beyond reputeDizMatt has a reputation beyond reputeDizMatt has a reputation beyond reputeDizMatt has a reputation beyond reputeDizMatt has a reputation beyond repute
new mod??
?
I loved this game...
think a mate of mine has my copy from about 2 years ago..
Send a message via MSN to DizMatt
Old 21-Oct-2003, 01:34   #3
Architect
Hail Eris
Architect has a reputation beyond reputeArchitect has a reputation beyond reputeArchitect has a reputation beyond reputeArchitect has a reputation beyond reputeArchitect has a reputation beyond reputeArchitect has a reputation beyond reputeArchitect has a reputation beyond reputeArchitect has a reputation beyond reputeArchitect has a reputation beyond reputeArchitect has a reputation beyond reputeArchitect has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.gamershell.com/news_BSyst...rthBBeta.shtml
Old 21-Oct-2003, 01:37   #4
Architect
Hail Eris
It's freeeeeeeeeeeeeee! (sys Shock 2 that is)

http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?gameid=3924

Thanks to inertia from the Xp forums

Old 21-Oct-2003, 01:47   #5
MALLET
to post or not to post
MALLET is a name known to allMALLET is a name known to allMALLET is a name known to allMALLET is a name known to allMALLET is a name known to allMALLET is a name known to all
258 meg translates to roughly 27 hours solid downlloading for me
Old 21-Oct-2003, 14:51   #6
de_duck
off topic
de_duck has much to be proud ofde_duck has much to be proud ofde_duck has much to be proud ofde_duck has much to be proud ofde_duck has much to be proud ofde_duck has much to be proud ofde_duck has much to be proud ofde_duck has much to be proud ofde_duck has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by MALLET
258 meg translates to roughly 27 hours solid downlloading for me
Best get comfortable then

What would St Augestine of Hippo think now?
Old 21-Oct-2003, 16:16   #7
Grom
forum hax
Grom is on a distinguished road
I've got it. No idea how possible it is to copy the cd though. It's a very cool game. In fact I must reinstall and play it again... maybe as a full psi-op this time!

decisions... decisions...

Don't think I'd install that mod, I quite like the old models, even though they are a bit shit. They're kinda endearing
Send a message via MSN to Grom
Old 21-Oct-2003, 17:28   #8
Lord Fondlemaid
Colossal Pervert
Lord Fondlemaid has a reputation beyond reputeLord Fondlemaid has a reputation beyond reputeLord Fondlemaid has a reputation beyond reputeLord Fondlemaid has a reputation beyond reputeLord Fondlemaid has a reputation beyond reputeLord Fondlemaid has a reputation beyond reputeLord Fondlemaid has a reputation beyond reputeLord Fondlemaid has a reputation beyond reputeLord Fondlemaid has a reputation beyond reputeLord Fondlemaid has a reputation beyond reputeLord Fondlemaid has a reputation beyond repute
I've got it, but never got that far - can anyone tell me the best set of qualifications you should get at the training bit?

"Who, or why, or which, or what... is the Akond of Swat?"
Old 21-Oct-2003, 17:28   #9
Lord Fondlemaid
Colossal Pervert
Lord Fondlemaid has a reputation beyond reputeLord Fondlemaid has a reputation beyond reputeLord Fondlemaid has a reputation beyond reputeLord Fondlemaid has a reputation beyond reputeLord Fondlemaid has a reputation beyond reputeLord Fondlemaid has a reputation beyond reputeLord Fondlemaid has a reputation beyond reputeLord Fondlemaid has a reputation beyond reputeLord Fondlemaid has a reputation beyond reputeLord Fondlemaid has a reputation beyond reputeLord Fondlemaid has a reputation beyond repute
Oh, and if anyone's up for a bit of Co-operative multiplayer action, I'd love to have a go at that.

"Who, or why, or which, or what... is the Akond of Swat?"
Old 21-Oct-2003, 17:30   #10
munk
chaet!
munk has a reputation beyond reputemunk has a reputation beyond reputemunk has a reputation beyond reputemunk has a reputation beyond reputemunk has a reputation beyond reputemunk has a reputation beyond reputemunk has a reputation beyond reputemunk has a reputation beyond reputemunk has a reputation beyond reputemunk has a reputation beyond reputemunk has a reputation beyond repute
hmm could be a plan if i can find it
Old 21-Oct-2003, 20:26   #11
Architect
Hail Eris
More than happy to host some ss2 multiplay. Let me know when.

Make sure you patch the old girl before you try and start her up in multiplayer cause she gets a bit narky!
Old 21-Oct-2003, 23:41   #12
Grom
forum hax
Grom is on a distinguished road
Oh man, I've tried co-op so many times. It is extremely unstable and laggy, even on LAN! However having said that I've twice managed to co-op it to the last level (the irregular geometry fucked us up after that) and it's a absolute fucking blast. Christ it's good. Sharing things out and helping each other out is just fantastic fun for some reason.

LF - the easiest career to play is Navy. Concentrate on the conventional weapons skill as it's the most useful throughout the game. Ignore heavy weapons, spend your cyber modules on increasing basic skills.

Concentrate on Hack and combat skills, just get a bit of psionic stuff. Get Kinetic Redirection (force pull), Electron Tampering (cancels alarms) and Cyber Affinity (temp increases hacking ability). These are all Tier 1 skills, don't bother about the higher tiers as that's all you really need for a combat hacker.

Use your weapons sparingly, use hand to hand if you can as guns break after some (hardly any) use. Don't be scared of using your guns though, you will get better at repair. Make sure you get research skills, you need them. Get strength or the Pack Rat special ability so you can carry loads of stuff. The more you carry the more flexible you can be. Find a place near lifts to hide excess equipment which you can get to while wounded.

Hack everything you can find, pick up everything you can see. Make sure you use the appropriate weapon for the enemy - you can switch the type of bullets you are using. Remember you can always run away, if you can stand the thought of something hunting you Hack security systems all the time so turrets can't get you.

Use the minimap thing (go to the map and click minimap) as you can use it to see where to go.

And play with the lights off and headphones on...
Send a message via MSN to Grom
Old 22-Oct-2003, 00:04   #13
leady
click here to reset post count
leady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond repute
Hell Fondle, just give me a date and time, always wanted to try multiplayer

Its set to stupidly hard for multiplayer by the way
Old 22-Oct-2003, 00:31   #14
Eja Cool8
Enema of the people
Eja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond repute
I'd be up for that too at some point

Steve Fainaru: "Big Boy Rules"

"Every man and woman should play the noblest games and be of another mind from what they are at present."

Plato
 Ecch!   away foul box!   You must be kidding! 
Old 22-Oct-2003, 00:32   #15
Eja Cool8
Enema of the people
Eja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond repute
Oh, and pretty much everything that Grom said

Steve Fainaru: "Big Boy Rules"

"Every man and woman should play the noblest games and be of another mind from what they are at present."

Plato
 Ecch!   away foul box!   You must be kidding! 
Old 22-Oct-2003, 10:19   #16
Bertlezamaway raccoonchet
forum hax
Bertlezamaway raccoonchet will become famous soon enoughBertlezamaway raccoonchet will become famous soon enough
Vis-a-vis

Go Back   trickery.net > Games > Half-Life: Counter-Strike