trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Games Extra > Massively Multiplayer Games

Old 22-Oct-2005, 14:03   #31
moron
founder of the +1 forum
moron has a reputation beyond reputemoron has a reputation beyond reputemoron has a reputation beyond reputemoron has a reputation beyond reputemoron has a reputation beyond reputemoron has a reputation beyond reputemoron has a reputation beyond reputemoron has a reputation beyond reputemoron has a reputation beyond reputemoron has a reputation beyond reputemoron has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not convinced that training all the learning skills up is really worthwhile for the first couple of weeks while on the trial.. better i think to go for some fan/useful ones at first then go for those a little later.

Not that it isn't bad advice, just training learning skills is pretty dull and the trial period could be better spent.

(Amarr for teh lose - long live matar)
Old 22-Oct-2005, 15:21   #32
ophiuchus
to post or not to post
ophiuchus has a reputation beyond reputeophiuchus has a reputation beyond reputeophiuchus has a reputation beyond reputeophiuchus has a reputation beyond reputeophiuchus has a reputation beyond reputeophiuchus has a reputation beyond reputeophiuchus has a reputation beyond reputeophiuchus has a reputation beyond reputeophiuchus has a reputation beyond reputeophiuchus has a reputation beyond reputeophiuchus has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah learning is pointless if you are a trial. you need a hand full of frigate skills before spending a couple of week on learning.

Amarr, more man than most. We have a ship that looks like a penis, rarr.
Old 22-Oct-2005, 15:40   #33
gimpchimp
posts sponsored by spam
gimpchimp has a reputation beyond reputegimpchimp has a reputation beyond reputegimpchimp has a reputation beyond reputegimpchimp has a reputation beyond reputegimpchimp has a reputation beyond reputegimpchimp has a reputation beyond reputegimpchimp has a reputation beyond reputegimpchimp has a reputation beyond reputegimpchimp has a reputation beyond reputegimpchimp has a reputation beyond reputegimpchimp has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, I did. I'm currently learning a bunch of stuff.

Learning is up to 4, Mining up to 3 (from the start), I'm doing Refining atm.
Send a message via MSN to gimpchimp  NostrusUK 
Old 22-Oct-2005, 16:06   #34
popej
topicophiliac
popej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventral
The Ferox is (or was) mean at shield tanking so that could be a starting point.

And ophi's just jealous that his bright yellow ships get dented by our superior Caldari vessels
It still is a mean shield tank. I out-tanked a prophecy and sent him running the other day. He must have been a bit green though because that just shouldn't happen. I think Caldari ships are getting better again, still not a patch on the dirty Gallente scum though ;p

What's your in-game name gimpchimp? There is a gimpchimp but he's been playing over a year so I assume it isn't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moron
I'm not convinced that training all the learning skills up is really worthwhile for the first couple of weeks while on the trial.. better i think to go for some fan/useful ones at first then go for those a little later.

Not that it isn't bad advice, just training learning skills is pretty dull and the trial period could be better spent.

(Amarr for teh lose - long live matar)
You make a good point.

Once your trial is over and you have some basic skills, learning becomes the no1 priority however.
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe... [contemptuous laugh] Titans on fire off the shoulder of YZ-LQL. I watched tachyons (tech 2) glitter in the dark near the NOL-M9 Gate. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [small cough] tears... in... rain. Time... to die..."

Last edited by popej; 22-Oct-2005 at 16:13.
 gobrun 
Old 22-Oct-2005, 16:40   #35
moron
founder of the +1 forum
moron has a reputation beyond reputemoron has a reputation beyond reputemoron has a reputation beyond reputemoron has a reputation beyond reputemoron has a reputation beyond reputemoron has a reputation beyond reputemoron has a reputation beyond reputemoron has a reputation beyond reputemoron has a reputation beyond reputemoron has a reputation beyond reputemoron has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, I agree with you there, I regret not doing the advanced learning skills earlier. Just on the main forums there are a lot of people preaching the learning learning learning mantra which I imagine puts people off a bit.

Caldari ships have to get better really.. they can't get much worse! The whole flavour of the month thing is really weird though wrt dirty gallante - I've been flying a domi for ages now and its not really changed much but now its considered one of the best bs's! When I started with it it was teh suck. Guess the missile nerf made it appear better..

A minmatar flying gallante ships... bet you really hate me
If only I could afford an Ishtar ;(
Old 22-Oct-2005, 16:52   #36
gimpchimp
posts sponsored by spam
gimpchimp has a reputation beyond reputegimpchimp has a reputation beyond reputegimpchimp has a reputation beyond reputegimpchimp has a reputation beyond reputegimpchimp has a reputation beyond reputegimpchimp has a reputation beyond reputegimpchimp has a reputation beyond reputegimpchimp has a reputation beyond reputegimpchimp has a reputation beyond reputegimpchimp has a reputation beyond reputegimpchimp has a reputation beyond repute
Nostrus is my IG name.
Send a message via MSN to gimpchimp  NostrusUK 
Old 23-Oct-2005, 11:23   #37
popej
topicophiliac
popej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by moron
Yeah, I agree with you there, I regret not doing the advanced learning skills earlier. Just on the main forums there are a lot of people preaching the learning learning learning mantra which I imagine puts people off a bit.

Caldari ships have to get better really.. they can't get much worse! The whole flavour of the month thing is really weird though wrt dirty gallante - I've been flying a domi for ages now and its not really changed much but now its considered one of the best bs's! When I started with it it was teh suck. Guess the missile nerf made it appear better..

A minmatar flying gallante ships... bet you really hate me
If only I could afford an Ishtar ;(
Ishtar is the d's b's!

I'm training for assault frigs atm. Even though the majority of the other Caldari ships are bobbins the obscenely expensive Harpy is also obscenely good! \o/ . Oh yeah our corp also owns a Harpy BPO

The crow is a great ship to, had some wicked interceptor battles with roughly 3 crows versus another 3 crows. With it's range and missile bonuses it's almost completely impossible to lock down! Was fighting these crow pros from a corp called MENTAL, they must have had the things geared to do about 5000 m/s with mwd's on. Was ridiculous.
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe... [contemptuous laugh] Titans on fire off the shoulder of YZ-LQL. I watched tachyons (tech 2) glitter in the dark near the NOL-M9 Gate. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [small cough] tears... in... rain. Time... to die..."

Last edited by popej; 23-Oct-2005 at 11:26.
 gobrun 
Old 23-Oct-2005, 13:55   #38
ophiuchus
to post or not to post
ophiuchus has a reputation beyond reputeophiuchus has a reputation beyond reputeophiuchus has a reputation beyond reputeophiuchus has a reputation beyond reputeophiuchus has a reputation beyond reputeophiuchus has a reputation beyond reputeophiuchus has a reputation beyond reputeophiuchus has a reputation beyond reputeophiuchus has a reputation beyond reputeophiuchus has a reputation beyond reputeophiuchus has a reputation beyond repute
I just got a retribution and its a solid ship. I think I've been flying intercepters for too long as I find the AF a bit too sluggish for my liking.

Got and Harpy bpc's I could have off you?
Old 23-Oct-2005, 15:20   #39
popej
topicophiliac
I think you can check out our stuff here:

http://eve.cybernet101.com/

but i could be wrong.
 gobrun 
Old 15-Nov-2005, 09:22   #40
Baby Bear
don't care enough to post
Baby Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Bear has a reputation beyond repute
wow !! trickery guys getting into eve!!

I've been playng since 6th June 2003 still totally hooked!
 destriero 
Old 15-Nov-2005, 16:26   #41
popej
topicophiliac
Spuff you'll be pleased to hear I've joined CELES

Glad you play baby bear, I'm sure theres others who still haven't found this thread too. o/
 gobrun 
Old 15-Nov-2005, 19:14   #42
ophiuchus
to post or not to post
Both popej, moron and I are in the same region-ish. So if anyones about we should hook up and kill some ore theives \o/ or kill 4S members for crashing the system >
Old 16-Nov-2005, 13:58   #43
popej
topicophiliac
I'm based in nonni but I'm out in YZ-LQL now fighting BoB and Xelas.

If anyone is up for some anti-ratting I'd likely be availiable.
 gobrun 
Old 17-Nov-2005, 10:55   #44
Baby Bear
Baby Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Bear has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by popej
I'm based in nonni but I'm out in YZ-LQL now fighting BoB and Xelas.

If anyone is up for some anti-ratting I'd likely be availiable.
shame you guys left VC, you'll probably find me in Assembly....

RUBRA 4TW!!!
 destriero 
Old 20-Dec-2005, 00:26   #45
popej
topicophiliac
How is everyone finding Red Moon Rising?

As a Caldari I am enjoying it alot. I'm glad many of our missile ships can now compete more easily in pvp.

Also the loot and number of high bounty npc's in 0.0 has increased quite dramatically. Making some good money in Fountain at the moment.
 gobrun 
Old 20-Dec-2005, 08:50   #46
Baby Bear
work is taking its toll this week and not had much chance to log on.
 destriero 
Old 29-Dec-2005, 12:38   #47
spuff
pro poster
spuff is a jewel in the roughspuff is a jewel in the roughspuff is a jewel in the roughspuff is a jewel in the rough
After the civil war in Stain we (FOFF) joined FIX alliance & are in the process of kicking them into shape.
Still enjoying eve & the RMR patch is one of the best.

SPUFFofDoG --- ingame
Director
FIX Council

Photoblog
Old 29-Dec-2005, 14:50   #48
Rainy
Monkeh Feel0r
Tournaments Won: 1
Rainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond repute
hhmmm, Allways wanted to give eve a bash, the only thing that put me off was the fact that its just not very user friendly and can swamp a player in a few hours. Any newbie friendly guilds or corps out there willing to take on a newb?

I will defo give this a try if theres a few peeps to knock about with
 TBM Rainy 
Old 29-Dec-2005, 15:28   #49
moron
founder of the +1 forum
hehe, you'd have been having some fun recently with teh Cosmic Fusion guys then, we've just come out of a war against them too. It was pretty ugly :)
Old 29-Dec-2005, 18:57   #50
ophiuchus
to post or not to post
Aye FIX does suck donkey thingy Nice to see a high ranking person in trickery.

Rainy the tutorial has been changed and improved over the last few patches. Its easy to get in to the game, even more so if you want one of us here to take you in to our corps and show you the ropes.

Just give us a shout.
Old 29-Dec-2005, 22:37   #51
Rainy
Monkeh Feel0r
Tournaments Won: 1
Rainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond repute
i'll download it tonight and give it a bash tommorow then

got family round atm so I cant really give it a go.
 TBM Rainy 
Old 19-Jan-2006, 03:56   #52
popej
topicophiliac
Soz I logged mid conversation ophi. I crashed or something, I forget. By the way, that crow you saw die was my first loss this war, you must be a jinx

We're at war with CF, AOI & FATE in the Orvolle area now.
Unfortunately FATE's chosen method of engagement is to sit 200km away in their sniping tempests etc. Pussies

They'll all move out of the area soon, I'm told its always the way when CELES war dec.

edit: btw CELES seem to have half the trickery people who play Eve set to -10.00 standings. Doh!

Last edited by popej; 19-Jan-2006 at 03:59.
 gobrun 
Old 15-Mar-2006, 19:15   #53
Jonkai
Random
Tournaments Won: 7
Jonkai has a reputation beyond reputeJonkai has a reputation beyond reputeJonkai has a reputation beyond reputeJonkai has a reputation beyond reputeJonkai has a reputation beyond reputeJonkai has a reputation beyond reputeJonkai has a reputation beyond reputeJonkai has a reputation beyond reputeJonkai has a reputation beyond reputeJonkai has a reputation beyond reputeJonkai has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by popej
welsh wizard on tranq.
ROFL

Small world... Jonkai here
Old 15-Mar-2006, 19:21   #54
popej
topicophiliac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic
ROFL

Small world... Jonkai here
O M F G!

Jonk you big piwate!

Come back to CELES we're whipping FE and ATUK some
 gobrun 
Old 15-Mar-2006, 19:53   #55
Jonkai
Random
Jonkai has a reputation beyond reputeJonkai has a reputation beyond reputeJonkai has a reputation beyond reputeJonkai has a reputation beyond reputeJonkai has a reputation beyond reputeJonkai has a reputation beyond reputeJonkai has a reputation beyond reputeJonkai has a reputation beyond reputeJonkai has a reputation beyond reputeJonkai has a reputation beyond reputeJonkai has a reputation beyond repute
Did you also come from Wireplay then Blueyonder or?

I've stopped playing at the moment matey, got loads on at the moment. Getting married in September in Malta then the honeymoon in the Caribbean... also just found a new hobby that I really enjoy doing

Log on just to change skills at the moment, no doubt will be back one day or soon

Best of luck though slapping FE and ATUK around
Old 15-Mar-2006, 21:30   #56
popej
topicophiliac
Yeah I made the wireplay transition, been playing tfc and cs for donkeys (although HL is now uninstalled ;p)

Congrats on the old marriage front mate, sounds like you'll have a top time in Malta, and then the Caribbean (jammy bastard).

Does your new hobby involve eyesockets? ;p
 gobrun 
Old 15-Mar-2006, 22:27   #57
Jonkai
Random
Yeah the missus eyesockets!!!

Nah taken to photogrpahy lately... but crickey been jabbering on to you for a fair while and the chances are we've played a game together at some point for the last 8 years

Off to Manchester this weekend, may even see you out and pass you in the street for some sort of slag!!!
Old 16-Mar-2006, 20:51   #58
popej
topicophiliac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic
Yeah the missus eyesockets!!!

Nah taken to photogrpahy lately... but crickey been jabbering on to you for a fair while and the chances are we've played a game together at some point for the last 8 years

Off to Manchester this weekend, may even see you out and pass you in the street for some sort of slag!!!
I've been known to flash a bit of thigh on Tib St.

gobrun 
Old 17-Mar-2006, 14:41   #59
Jonkai
Random
Sounds like you tbh!
Old 24-Mar-2006, 14:18   #60
spuff
pro poster
spuff is a jewel in the roughspuff is a jewel in the roughspuff is a jewel in the roughspuff is a jewel in the rough
selling my character, eve kills your real life, after 3 years of the wife moaning ive given in.
but atleast the money will help buy my ZXR 750 for the summer

whoever said 'eve is just a game' is sadly mistaken, its a way of life and can ruin RL as so many i know have found out. I still love the game but i had to choose & eve lost.

Photoblog

Go Back   trickery.net > Games Extra > Massively Multiplayer Games

Tags
hulk pew, no one can hear you cream