trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Science Fiction

Old 18-May-2017, 18:20   #61
Scorpius
Spilling Campion 2008
Scorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond repute
Theres a rumour going around that the Klingons here are from a off shoot of the klingon race, that have been in cryogenic suspension for some reason or another, hence how they have not evolved as the current crop of angry dudes.
Send a message via MSN to Scorpius  g1ausbaltar 
Old 19-May-2017, 01:48   #62
Eja Cool8
Enema of the people
Eja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3CH^ View Post
It's set in the prime timeline i.e. ToS timeline, set 10 years BEFORE enterprise but it looks significantly higher tech, and the klingons look like the ones from the Kelvin timeline?

There had better be decent storylines and acting to make this work.
"Ten years before Kirk.....before Spock....before The Enterprise"....

That's TOS.

This series could be expected to have more advanced-looking bits and bobs though. I think CBS gave them carte blanche to load the reboot tubes. What really concerns me is Bryan Fuller's statement recently where he made it clear that he had zero further involvement, hadn't left willingly, and had been forced to hand over all creative materials before being made to walk.

So who's writing it? Who's deciding on the story arc, assuming they're still doing that?

Steve Fainaru: "Big Boy Rules"

"Every man and woman should play the noblest games and be of another mind from what they are at present."

Plato
 Ecch!   away foul box!   You must be kidding! 
Old 19-May-2017, 19:05   #63
Hot Soup
to be deleted
Tournaments Won: 1
Hot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond repute
Where was that reported?

Why'd you open your bong hole you smelly hippy? You'd sacrifice a beautiful woman to save a moderately attractive monkey?

Hawks of the Luftwaffe!
Hot Soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-May-2017, 19:36   #64
Scorpius
Spilling Campion 2008
Scorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Soup View Post
Where was that reported?
which bit?
Send a message via MSN to Scorpius  g1ausbaltar 
Old 19-May-2017, 19:36   #65
Hot Soup
to be deleted
Hot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond repute
Bryan Fuller bit

Why'd you open your bong hole you smelly hippy? You'd sacrifice a beautiful woman to save a moderately attractive monkey?

Hawks of the Luftwaffe!
Old 20-May-2017, 00:23   #66
Fulmineus
karma killer
Fulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond repute
Have to say that that trailer left me largely cold. I'm not sure I care anymore

Say NO! to capital t Sponsored by AQA
Old 20-May-2017, 00:25   #67
Fulmineus
karma killer
Fulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond repute
Bring back Patrick Stewart and give him the Enterprise G and I'll watch the fuck out of anything you want to throw at me.

Say NO! to capital t Sponsored by AQA
Old 20-May-2017, 02:26   #68
Eja Cool8
Enema of the people
Eja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Soup View Post
Where was that reported?
That was a link off Mike and Denise Okuda's FB page a while back. They're not given to hyperbole.

This too;

http://www.newsweek.com/exclusive-br...ar-trek-527540

Basically, Fuller wanted the show done right. CBS wants the show done right......now...

"Every man and woman should play the noblest games and be of another mind from what they are at present."

Plato
Old 20-May-2017, 23:12   #69
Hot Soup
to be deleted
yeah , not fussed after reading that, I had expected something different but I've read that same thing elsewhere. The american showrunner thing can be more of a red herring at times, surely if he cared THAT much ,he wouldn't have been doing another series. So not fussed he's left , until I've actually had a chance to see a few episodes.

Fulm - fair enough and I agree about Sir Pats. The only thing that caught me cold in the trailer was the portrayal of Sarek , but thats mainly because I'm not buying Frain's accent yet.

Hawks of the Luftwaffe!
Old 21-May-2017, 00:56   #70
Eja Cool8
Enema of the people
Sir Patrick is far too old to play a Starfleet Officer. I love him to bits, but he's become almost as dotty as Picard, the retired Vineyard owner from the final TNG episode; "All good things". Or, indeed, his aged self from "The Inner light", a superb episode.

As an alternative to all this retro-rebooting, I would suggest doing exactly what Paramount/CBS did for TNG: shunt the timeline forward a century or so, really let the most progressive tech-heads loose on the designs, etc., etc. Oh, and FFS, get a decent composer in for the soundtrack for a change.

Keep Jason Isaacs as Captain though.

Plato
Old 19-Jun-2017, 17:55   #71
Belgarath
topic of the pops
Belgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond repute
Starts September 24 (US air date).

http://www.startrek.com/article/star...-premiere-date
Old 20-Jun-2017, 03:01   #72
Eja Cool8
Enema of the people
http://trekcore.com/blog/2017/06/pro...delay-details/

Plato

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Science Fiction

Tags
wenger out!