trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Sports & Outdoor Activities

Old 15-May-2018, 17:29   #451
devs
Devtard Strikes Again
Tournaments Won: 1
devs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond repute
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44127716
Old 16-May-2018, 14:09   #452
cunning-stunt
Falling to bits.
cunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond repute
Allardyce and Moyes gone! After they both kept their teams in the Prem. Lets see where both teams are this time next year.
cunning-stunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-May-2018, 14:33   #453
stepper
post haste
stepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond repute
England squad for the World Cup is one of the most painfully average I can remember. There’s some decent up and coming talent in Alexander-Arnold, Loftus-Cheek and Rashford but there aren’t enough established first class players that are going to trouble the other teams.

What Cahill or Jones are doing there after the seasons they’ve had is beyond me.

I expect we’ll get through to the knockout rounds but will go out in the last 16.
"I'm not getting out of bed until I get fucked!" - Marcus Antonius, 31 BC
Old 16-May-2018, 14:55   #454
leady
click here to reset post count
leady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond repute
and like the euros I think they will miss not having Carrol on the bench. Whilst not necessarily better than those listed, he offers a different threat from the bench in the way that Welbeck for Vardey doesnt
Old 16-May-2018, 15:32   #455
cunning-stunt
Falling to bits.
cunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond repute
Couldn't give a fuck about England, wouldn't be arsed if they went out in the first round.
Old 16-May-2018, 15:52   #456
[n00b]Zippy
Waterborne Trailer-Trash
[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cunning-stunt View Post
Couldn't give a fuck about England, wouldn't be arsed if they went out in the first round.
Same! At least the media seemed to have shut up about "Engurland will win it this year!" when the blatantly won't!
Old 16-May-2018, 20:23   #457
Chef_uk
my other forum is full
Chef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Can see most Arsenal fans being very underwhelmed if the rumours of Mikel Arteta taking over from Wenger turn out to be true.
Not me. I fully expect a young new manager to come in, and I'll be behind them 100%. Exciting times ahead.
Old 16-May-2018, 20:56   #458
Hamspoons
I love lamp
Hamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Allardyce and Moyes gone! After they both kept their teams in the Prem. Lets see where both teams are this time next year.
He was brought in to do a job (one that really wasn't necessary), and he did it. They only wanted to give him a contract until the end of the season, he wanted 18 months. So thanks, but some of his performances have been the worst I have seen in a decade. If we stuck with Allerdyce, we would have been in a relegation fight next season. That's all he knows nowadays. It's the only way he can set up a team, whether it is necessary or not. Along with his comments, and general shitty attitude. Such as starting to take credit for the home win against Watford to boost his own stats, despite not being in charge for that game.

If the club want to be pushing forward, then Allerdyce definitely isn't going to take them there.
Old 16-May-2018, 21:00   #459
cunning-stunt
Falling to bits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef_uk View Post
Not me. I fully expect a young new manager to come in, and I'll be behind them 100%. Exciting times ahead.
Big call considering he hasn't even managed before. I'd wish him well if he gets it, but think a club as big as Arsenal could do with someone with a bit more experience?
Old 16-May-2018, 21:02   #460
cunning-stunt
Falling to bits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamspoons View Post
He was brought in to do a job (one that really wasn't necessary), and he did it. They only wanted to give him a contract until the end of the season, he wanted 18 months. So thanks, but some of his performances have been the worst I have seen in a decade. If we stuck with Allerdyce, we would have been in a relegation fight next season. That's all he knows nowadays. It's the only way he can set up a team, whether it is necessary or not. Along with his comments, and general shitty attitude. Such as starting to take credit for the home win against Watford to boost his own stats, despite not being in charge for that game.

If the club want to be pushing forward, then Allerdyce definitely isn't going to take them there.
Who do you want to take over?
Old 16-May-2018, 21:14   #461
[n00b]Zippy
Waterborne Trailer-Trash
[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Big call considering he hasn't even managed before. I'd wish him well if he gets it, but think a club as big as Arsenal could do with someone with a bit more experience?
This. The next Arsenal manager has one hell of a job to do.
Old 16-May-2018, 21:22   #462
Hamspoons
I love lamp
Hamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Who do you want to take over?
The only two names really in the picture seem to be Silva and Fonseca. Although Silva has had all the talk of potential for the last couple of seasons, his actual track record does make me a bit worried. Plus Watford are ready to bring the knives out if we do appoint him, which might give us cold feet. But, would still get behind him if he joined.

Fonseca does seem to be the more exciting prospect to me and who I'd like to get. Whether he would join or not still seems to be up in the air. And hopefully, we've managed to learn our lesson from previous and whoever it will be is just a matter of finalising the final details and announcing very soon. Along with the new Director of Football, Brands from PSV who was confirmed today.
Old 18-May-2018, 16:01   #463
Chef_uk
my other forum is full
Chef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
In an ideal world, yes. However, our majority owner refuses to put a single penny into the club and has given funds for transfers limited to 50m per window, plus whatever resale value they can get.

Experienced managers only seem to want 3-4 years max at a club now with the ability to spend big. We're not operating like that. A young manager will be asked to commit to 5 years and if they prove to do well, will be our manager for said length of time. If it doesn't work out, we sack them for a relatively small price and recruit the next young manager. We now have a solid team that can do everything else so the only role the new manager has, is to manage what happens on the pitch.

Risky? Yes, but exciting as well. Anything could happen, it doesn't necessarily mean it will be bad.
Old 18-May-2018, 17:06   #464
Hot Soup
Hot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
A young manager will be asked to commit to 5 years and if they prove to do well, will be our manager for said length of time
Quote:
it doesn't necessarily mean it will be bad.
I'll bet a shiny penny whoever gets the job / especially if Arteta get's the job , won't last anywhere near 5 years and it almost certainly will be bad and have worse results than up until now!

Why'd you open your bong hole you smelly hippy? You'd sacrifice a beautiful woman to save a moderately attractive monkey?

Hawks of the Luftwaffe!
Hot Soup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-May-2018, 18:49   #465
Orange
please find me real friends
Orange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond repute
Asking someone to commit for 5 years, as if that means anything to either side.
Old 18-May-2018, 20:06   #466
Fulmineus
karma killer
Fulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond repute
Such cynicism has no place in football. Kindly take it elsewhere.

Say NO! to capital t Sponsored by AQA
Old 19-May-2018, 19:14   #467
Fulmineus
karma killer
Fulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond repute
That was boring.

Old 20-May-2018, 09:00   #468
cunning-stunt
Falling to bits.
Mourinho moaning about Chelsea having nine men behind the ball, when that's all he's done all season!
Old 21-May-2018, 20:15   #469
Duffeh
topicophiliac
Duffeh has a reputation beyond reputeDuffeh has a reputation beyond reputeDuffeh has a reputation beyond reputeDuffeh has a reputation beyond reputeDuffeh has a reputation beyond reputeDuffeh has a reputation beyond reputeDuffeh has a reputation beyond reputeDuffeh has a reputation beyond reputeDuffeh has a reputation beyond reputeDuffeh has a reputation beyond reputeDuffeh has a reputation beyond repute
Well its not Arteta but Emery getting the Arsenal job, much smarter appointment. Handing Arteta such a big job (not just it terms of exposure but in terms of what needs to happen to make Arsenal at the least CL spot contenders again) would of been very risky.
Old 21-May-2018, 20:26   #470
Chef_uk
my other forum is full
Arteta wouldn't agree with the no say on sales clause. Which is a pretty bold stance when your first job in management could have been at Arsenal with the squad we have.
Old 22-May-2018, 14:34   #471
[RaG]Ethel
Alfa Male
[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute
Emery Out !

(just calling that first)
Old 22-May-2018, 15:13   #472
Orange
please find me real friends
Orange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond repute
Needs a hashtag.
Old 23-May-2018, 14:38   #473
HooT
spam tbh
HooT has a reputation beyond reputeHooT has a reputation beyond reputeHooT has a reputation beyond reputeHooT has a reputation beyond reputeHooT has a reputation beyond reputeHooT has a reputation beyond reputeHooT has a reputation beyond reputeHooT has a reputation beyond reputeHooT has a reputation beyond reputeHooT has a reputation beyond reputeHooT has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Arteta wouldn't agree with the no say on sales clause. Which is a pretty bold stance when your first job in management could have been at Arsenal with the squad we have.
If he can't control who stays that squad may not be what he wants before long.

Would he have had a say on who comes in?
Old 23-May-2018, 19:20   #474
Chef_uk
my other forum is full
50m for him to spend each window, topped up by any purchases the board make. It's a sort of weird hybrid version of a Director of Football and manager in control of transfers. Time will tell how it all works out if true. There's so much bullshit out there now, it's becoming a farce.

Whatever the deal though, I can't wait to see us in action next season with a new manager in charge of players who under-performed massively, albeit not entirely their fault. It might not happen straight away, but a good start to the season with a bit of self belief can carry us a long way.
Old 26-May-2018, 17:59   #475
CaptainTrips
topicophiliac
CaptainTrips has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainTrips has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainTrips has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainTrips has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainTrips has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainTrips has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainTrips has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainTrips has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainTrips has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainTrips has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainTrips has a reputation beyond repute
If you don't have BT sports but still want to see it, the CL final is being streamed live on YouTube by BT.
Old 26-May-2018, 18:08   #476
cunning-stunt
Falling to bits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainTrips View Post
If you don't have BT sports but still want to see it, the CL final is being streamed live on YouTube by BT.
Think it's outside UK? So you will need VPN?
Old 26-May-2018, 18:29   #477
Duffeh
topicophiliac
Duffeh has a reputation beyond reputeDuffeh has a reputation beyond reputeDuffeh has a reputation beyond reputeDuffeh has a reputation beyond reputeDuffeh has a reputation beyond reputeDuffeh has a reputation beyond reputeDuffeh has a reputation beyond reputeDuffeh has a reputation beyond reputeDuffeh has a reputation beyond reputeDuffeh has a reputation beyond reputeDuffeh has a reputation beyond repute
Nope, UK as well, I watched the Europa League final.
Old 26-May-2018, 20:57   #478
andy
aka milk!
andy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond repute
Old 26-May-2018, 20:59   #479
Hot Soup
Hot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond repute
Ffs lollerpool I actually want you to win.

Why'd you open your bong hole you smelly hippy? You'd sacrifice a beautiful woman to save a moderately attractive monkey?

Hawks of the Luftwaffe!
Hot Soup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-May-2018, 20:59   #480
Fulmineus
karma killer
That was pretty fucking funny I have to say

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Sports & Outdoor Activities

Tags
arteta out!, shut up chef, wenger out!, wengerforever