trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Motors & Motorsports

Old 08-Mar-2009, 20:04   #1
Chef_uk
Chef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond repute
car tax disc when trading in query

My mum has traded in her old car and picks up the new one tomorrow. At the time she didn't know about when they value the car that they include the tax disc value in with it. The salesman never mentioned it was in the valuation, and when negotiating the prices etc, my mum queried about reclaiming the 9 months left on the tax disc with the salesman with which he said yes it can be reclaimed.

The paperwork for the new car states the tax disc will be included in the valuation but because the salesman was explaining how to get the refund on the old tax disc (during the haggling period), does this mean he hadn't included it? Or was he just explaining how to refund as a 3rd party answer with it having no bearing on the the deal? She's got him to tax the new car for 12 months on top of the price of the car. Should she remove the disc before picking up the new car?

Figures are below:

Old Car valuation 1500, haggled to 1700
Old Tax 9 months = 170
New Car 7999, haggled to 7979 for petrol lol
New tax 12 months = 210

Oh and its with one of the car supermarket places and 200 desposit has already been paid if that helps.

Last edited by Chef_uk; 08-Mar-2009 at 20:07.
 PTG_Chef_uk 
Old 08-Mar-2009, 20:26   #2
BBW
Contains flashing images.
Tournaments Won: 1
BBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond repute
Your Mum needs to be strong. She has to tell the the salesman that unless she gets the tax disc back she will pull out of the deal.

Car salesmen need your money probably 1000 times more than you need your new car! You may THINK you are excited about the new motor, but the salesman is more desperate, especially today!
Old 08-Mar-2009, 21:00   #3
Chef_uk
Chef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond repute
k, im gonna try and go with her depending on if my wife is admitted to hospital or not after our scan in the morning. As long as she knows she can argue it then she'll be ok, she's just worried in case she dosen't have a leg to stand on. Is it worth her taking it out of the window before parking up?
Old 08-Mar-2009, 22:06   #4
Sh0cked
built in bulletin board
Sh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond repute
Its not down to the individual sales man its the sales manager who stacks the deal and yes it always includes the VED. If you go in and threaten to throw the deal if they don't give you the tax disc back it's still 50/50 as it will come down to the sales manager and how much he wants that sale.

But if you have already haggled hard and removed most of the profit in the car to the dealership anyway he will probably let you go.

On a side note though I have a 6 month tax disc ere any idea where I can get a refund value for it?

Last edited by Sh0cked; 08-Mar-2009 at 22:10.
 sh0ck3d 
Old 08-Mar-2009, 22:41   #5
Useless
forum hax
Useless has a reputation beyond reputeUseless has a reputation beyond reputeUseless has a reputation beyond reputeUseless has a reputation beyond reputeUseless has a reputation beyond reputeUseless has a reputation beyond reputeUseless has a reputation beyond reputeUseless has a reputation beyond reputeUseless has a reputation beyond reputeUseless has a reputation beyond reputeUseless has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy018 View Post
On a side note though I have a 6 month tax disc ere any idea where I can get a refund value for it?
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...le/DG_10012526
Old 08-Mar-2009, 23:14   #6
BBW
BBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Its not down to the individual sales man its the sales manager who stacks the deal and yes it always includes the VED. If you go in and threaten to throw the deal if they don't give you the tax disc back it's still 50/50 as it will come down to the sales manager and how much he wants that sale.

But if you have already haggled hard and removed most of the profit in the car to the dealership anyway he will probably let you go.

So, let me get this straight... you talk like you have sold cars for a living and claim to know the ins and outs of a car showroom and yet don't know how to cash your tax disc in?

Just checking I've got that right.

Chef, tell them to go fuck themselves (or words to that effect) and state that the salesman even gave you instructions on how to cash your tax in.
Old 08-Mar-2009, 23:42   #7
Sh0cked
built in bulletin board
Sh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond repute
Amazingly cause I have you sarcastic prick.

I was gonna edit and remove this but I changed my mind.. cause well.. you really are to be quite fucking honest.
 sh0ck3d 
Old 09-Mar-2009, 00:11   #8
mope
founder of the +1 forum
mope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond repute
My mum used to work in car sales, apparently at her place the staff used to claim the tax discs rebates back as a bonus, so you might find them less willing to hand over their bonus than the companies money. Give it a go though! If you want to have any chance of getting the money back, I personally wouldn't go and tell them to 'fuck themselves'.
 mopeh 
Old 09-Mar-2009, 06:51   #9
BBW
Quote:
Amazingly cause I have you sarcastic prick.

I was gonna edit and remove this but I changed my mind.. cause well.. you really are to be quite fucking honest.
Well! I wouldn't buy a car of a bloke who doesn't know how to cash a tax disc in

Guess didn't sell many cars then?
Old 09-Mar-2009, 11:07   #10
Sh0cked
built in bulletin board
BBW if I or anyone else in this whole 'community' ever really cared about what you would do/did/thought/said we would of long since left you and your enormous ego to chat here to yourself..

As it is no one really gives a flying fuck what you think but I hope you have a fantastic life. Now go fuck yourself.
 sh0ck3d 
Old 09-Mar-2009, 11:14   #11
Q-Target
he'll hoof you in the works
Q-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond repute
When did Jamey hack Andy's account?
Old 09-Mar-2009, 14:00   #12
Sh0cked
built in bulletin board
Unfortunately he did'nt I normally just take BBW's shite and ignore him for the bellend he is but I have grown bored of doing that and so I am going to take a more volitile 'fuck you' approach to him until I grow bored of that.
 sh0ck3d 
Old 09-Mar-2009, 14:11   #13
mope
founder of the +1 forum
mope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond repute
What comes next? Think of the children!
 mopeh 
Old 09-Mar-2009, 14:13   #14
Q-Target
he'll hoof you in the works
Q-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond repute
What comes next is 5 pages of amusing reading...
Old 09-Mar-2009, 14:17   #15
[RaG]Ethel
Alfa Male
[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute
you expect someone from liverpool to get to page 5 ?

/me runs
Old 09-Mar-2009, 14:20   #16
Sh0cked
built in bulletin board
Go fix your Alfailure Eth.

wuv you
 sh0ck3d 
Old 09-Mar-2009, 18:06   #17
Chef_uk
Just to update, they didn't even ask for it lol. Cheers guys
Old 09-Mar-2009, 18:15   #18
D33
teh fux?
D33 has a reputation beyond reputeD33 has a reputation beyond reputeD33 has a reputation beyond reputeD33 has a reputation beyond reputeD33 has a reputation beyond reputeD33 has a reputation beyond reputeD33 has a reputation beyond reputeD33 has a reputation beyond reputeD33 has a reputation beyond reputeD33 has a reputation beyond reputeD33 has a reputation beyond repute
May I suggest a Trickery Battle Royale ?

Props to whoever gets the bottlecap.
Send a message via ICQ to D33 Send a message via MSN to D33
Old 09-Mar-2009, 18:36   #19
BBW
I'm loved!
Old 22-Mar-2009, 16:38   #20
The Big Kahuna
Younger than Ethel
The Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond repute
They can't keep the tax disc btw. It's in her name and nobody else can get a refund on it or use it. If someone else buys the car the tax disc is invalid (I think).
Kahuna: "how close are you sitting to him ?"
velvet: "close enough that I can hear him laughing every time he kills you"
@t_b_kahuna
 Niq-Scott 

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Motors & Motorsports