trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > General > News

Old 25-Oct-2017, 20:07   #1
Minty
T'reet Fetler!
Minty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond repute
Microsoft officially kills off the Kinect

Microsoft have confirmed today that they will no longer manufacture the Kinect, their much maligned motion capture camera for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One. When it was first introduced in 2010, the Kinect released to some fanfare and to this day, holds the record as the fastest selling consumer electronics item of all time. Microsoft originally attempted to build the Xbox One around the Kinect but it quickly became clear that end users did not want the camera for a variety of reasons, including privacy concerns and higher costs. Ultimately, after conceding defeat and selling the Xbox One without the Kinect (A move that Microsoft initially said was impossible as the Xbox One was built around its Kinect integration) the death knell began to sound for the Kinect and games that support the device are now few and far between.

If you want to get one while you still can, you can still purchase existing stock from retailers but no new stock will now be sent out.

Source
Old 26-Oct-2017, 10:43   #2
Ashen
Lord of the Light Skins
Ashen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond repute
About bloody time, the 360 was a amazing gaming machine but the almost enforced use of the kinect put me off the xbox one. Lets face it, it was an attempt to corner the wii market that was never going to work.

Quote:
I walked outside and took mother natures load to the face. You can quote me on that! - Raptor192
to Ashen [ash-en]

1.To perform an amazing act without witness.
2.To have the worst of luck when playing in groups, although having the best intentions an act occurs which usually results in multiple deaths, maimings or destruction of property.
Old 26-Oct-2017, 19:10   #3
T3CH^
Too old for this shit
T3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond repute
It's not even like the default MS software for it even fucking worked properly.

3rd party programmers could make the reaction times and tracking accuracy from it amazing. I remember that kinect controlled moving bin demo (think it was from japan) it was instant and precise. Compared with the sluggish inaccurate bullshit code MS forced games companies to use it was startling to see just how good it COULD be.

'Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps.........it is time to die'
 x_Kryptman_x   T3CHguyver 
Old 26-Oct-2017, 22:52   #4
OndaRoofus
Dirty Lurker
OndaRoofus has a reputation beyond reputeOndaRoofus has a reputation beyond reputeOndaRoofus has a reputation beyond reputeOndaRoofus has a reputation beyond reputeOndaRoofus has a reputation beyond reputeOndaRoofus has a reputation beyond reputeOndaRoofus has a reputation beyond reputeOndaRoofus has a reputation beyond reputeOndaRoofus has a reputation beyond reputeOndaRoofus has a reputation beyond reputeOndaRoofus has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah , about time , its shit , had it for the 360 and used it for a few games but found it unresponsive and irritating when it didn't do what you want. I nearly ordered an xbox live gold family package for 120 just from waving my arms about with irritation , needless to say I haven't used it on xbox one in four years and am about to trade in for the one x while its still worth summat.

XBL tag : KangerRooster
Send a message via MSN to OndaRoofus  ooORoosterOoo   KangerRooster 

Go Back   trickery.net > General > News